16 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom2 Events
International Events14 Events
- Feb 04 2022Feb042022Find ticketsFri 20:00Hotel Kilmore - Co.Cavan, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Feb 11 2022Feb112022Find ticketsFri 20:00Bridge House Hotel - Co. Offaly, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Feb 12 2022Feb122022Find ticketsSat 21:00Crown Live - Wexford Town, WX, IrelandDamien DempseyOn partner site
- Feb 18 2022Feb182022Find ticketsFri 20:30The Maritime Hotel and Suites - Bantry, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Mar 04 2022Mar042022Find ticketsFri 20:00Roisin Dubh - Galway, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Mar 05 2022Mar052022Find ticketsSat 20:00Roisin Dubh - Galway, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 20:30Royal Theatre and Event Centre - Co. Mayo, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Apr 08 2022Apr082022Find ticketsFri 20:00Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone - Westmeath, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Apr 09 2022Apr092022Find ticketsSat 20:00CLONMEL PARK HOTEL - Co. Tipperary, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Apr 15 2022Apr152022Find ticketsFri 20:00The Arklow Bay Hotel - Wicklow, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Apr 16 2022Apr162022Find ticketsSat 20:00Woodford Dolmen Hotel - Carlow, IrelandDamien Dempsey
- Apr 22 2022Apr222022Fri 20:30The Crescent Concert Hall Drogheda - Drogheda, IrelandDamien DempseyOn partner siteFind tickets The Crescent Concert Hall Drogheda - Drogheda, IrelandDamien DempseyApr 22 202220:30Find ticketsOn partner site
- Jun 19 2022Jun192022Find ticketsSun 20:00Live At The Marquee - Cork, IrelandSinead O'Connor
- Jul 09 2022Jul092022Find ticketsSat 18:30Iveagh Gardens - Dublin, IrelandDamien Dempsey
About Damien Dempsey
Damien Dempsey’s voice is Dublin yet wholly distinctive, almost clichéd to say it, but he is part of a rich bloodline of Irish singers from Luke Kelly to Ronnie Drew, Christy Moore to Andy Irvine. Their kin outside Ireland are Springsteen and Guthrie, Dylan and Marley.
On his latest album Almighty Love, Dempsey’s sense of place reaches out beyond Donaghmede and North Bull Island, where he first performed in public as a teenager, across the Irish Sea and further afield.
The locale is still in the lyrics. It’s there in the hauntingly poetical Chris and Stevie, a tribute to male bonding and grief. You can hear it in Canadian Geese - large migratory birds whose flight path took them past Dempsey's boyhood window. It’s there also in the references to railway tracks and waves, visible from the rooftops of Dempsey’s childhood home. Those railway tracks took Dempsey and his boyhood friends out into their own imaginations and he hasn’t forgotten.
Almighty Love goes on a journey of a different kind. Dempsey, at 37 years old, has already said so much about self and state that trying to plough over old ground wouldn’t have been artistically challenging or fresh. So instead, he has given us an album of confidence and maturity, which has a more global sound to it and a broader scope. It is at once bigger and quieter, still rallying against injustice, yet with a more reflective and thoughtful tone, communicated more widely.
Essentially, Almighty Love adds yet another batch of soulful, stirring, moving and powerful songs to Dempsey's already impressive canon of work, a collection up there with classic albums Seize the Day and Shots, and a reminder of his unique role in Irish culture.