34 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom32 Events
- Mar 11Mar11Find ticketsThu 19:00Middlesbrough Town Hall - MiddlesbroughPaul WellerOn partner site
- Jun 25Jun25Find ticketsFri 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthPaul Weller
- Jun 25Jun25Find ticketsFri 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthPaul WellerOn partner site
- Jun 26Jun26Find ticketsSat 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonPaul Weller
- Jun 28Jun28Find ticketsMon 19:00Bonus Arena, Hull - HullPaul Weller
- Jun 29Jun29Find ticketsTue 19:00York Barbican - YorkPaul Weller
- Jul 05Jul05Find ticketsMon 19:00Usher Hall - EdinburghPaul Weller
- Jul 06Jul06Find ticketsTue 19:00Dundee Caird Hall - DundeePaul Weller
- Jul 08Jul08Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Apollo Manchester - ManchesterPaul Weller
- Jul 09Jul09Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TynePaul Weller
- Jul 10Jul10Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TynePaul Weller
- Jul 15Jul15Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonPaul Weller
- Jul 16Jul16Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonPaul Weller
- Jul 17Jul17Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonPaul Weller
- Nov 09Nov09Find ticketsTue 19:00Ulster Hall Belfast - BelfastPaul Weller
- Nov 17Nov17Wed 19:00Bath Forum - BathPaul WellerOn partner siteFind tickets Bath Forum - BathPaul WellerNov 17 19:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Nov 19Nov19Find ticketsFri 19:00Liverpool Olympia - LiverpoolPaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 20Nov20Find ticketsSat 19:00Venue Cymru Theatre - LlandudnoPaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 22Nov22Find ticketsMon 18:30O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonPaul Weller
- Nov 23Nov23Find ticketsTue 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaPaul WellerOn partner site
The Modfather returns
Few people have had as great an influence on the British music scene as Paul Weller. As frontman of The Jam, Weller spearheaded the Mod revival in the late '70s and early '80s, scoring a string of hits, including Going Underground and A Town Called Malice. After The Jam split in the early '80s, Weller immediately formed the neo-soul and American R&B-influenced Style Council with The Merton Parka’s Mick Talbot. Following their disbandment in 1990, Weller embarked on a solo career, with Talbot remaining as a regular contributor.
As Britpop began to dominate in the early and mid '90s, Weller’s influence became apparent, particularly on the likes of Oasis, Blur and Ocean Colour Scene. Following a successful solo bow with his self-titled debut in 1992, Weller teamed up with OCS guitarist Steve Craddock for his second solo album Wild Wood, an album that saw both Weller and Ocean Colour Scene move up the charts.
Buoyed by the success of the top ten hit The Changingman, Weller’s third solo album Stanley Road went straight to No.1 in 1995. With major players like Noel Gallagher acknowledging his influence, Weller became known as the godfather of Britpop or the “Modfather”.
Despite claiming that 2001’s well-received Heliocentric would be his final studio album, Weller continued to be productive throughout the '00s, releasing two live albums, a collection of covers and three further studio albums.
Weller started off a new decade as relevant as ever, earning a Mercury Prize nomination for 2010’s Wake Up The Nation. His follow-up Sonik Kicks debuted at No.1 while its successor Saturn’s Pattern went close, landing at No.2 on the UK album charts. In 2017, Weller released his first film score, for the boxing film Jawbone.
Weller’s 2018 album True Meanings found the songwriter backed by an orchestra, and he went on to promote the record with a series of gigs at the Royal Festival Hall, accompanied by a full orchestra. These shows were recorded and released as Other Aspects in 2018.
In 2020, following the release of On Sunset, Paul Weller announced Mid-Sommer Musik, a 60-minute live stream show set to be broadcast on 12 November 2020.