10 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom10 Events
- 29/10/2021Find ticketsO2 Academy2 Oxford - Oxford Holding Absence Oct 29 18:30Friday 18:30O2 Academy2 Oxford - OxfordHolding Absence
- 30/10/2021Find ticketsO2 Institute2 Birmingham - Birmingham Holding Absence Oct 30 18:00Saturday 18:00O2 Institute2 Birmingham - BirminghamHolding Absence
- 31/10/2021Find ticketsLeadmill - Sheffield Holding Absence Oct 31 19:30Sunday 19:30Leadmill - SheffieldHolding Absence
- 02/11/2021Find ticketsG2 - Glasgow Holding Absence Nov 02 19:00Tuesday 19:00G2 - GlasgowHolding AbsenceLow Availability
- 04/11/2021Find ticketsManchester Academy 3 - Manchester Holding Absence Nov 04 19:30Thursday 19:30Manchester Academy 3 - ManchesterHolding AbsenceLow Availability
- 06/11/2021Find ticketsElectric Ballroom - London Holding Absence Nov 06 18:00Saturday 18:00Electric Ballroom - LondonHolding Absence
- 15/12/2021Find ticketsO2 Forum Kentish Town - London Creeper Dec 15 19:00Wednesday 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonCreeperLimited Availability
- 16/12/2021Find ticketsBrighton Concorde 2 - Brighton Creeper Dec 16 19:00Thursday 19:00Brighton Concorde 2 - BrightonCreeperLimited Availability
- 17/12/2021Find ticketsO2 Institute2 Birmingham - Birmingham Creeper Dec 17 18:00Friday 18:00O2 Institute2 Birmingham - BirminghamCreeperLimited Availability
- 19/12/2021Find ticketsGlasgow Garage - Glasgow Creeper Dec 19 18:30Sunday 18:30Glasgow Garage - GlasgowCreeperLimited Availability
Post-hardcore quartet from Cardiff
Holding Absence are a post-hardcore four-piece from Cardiff. Formed in 2015, the line-up solidified with the addition of vocalist Lucas Woodland in 2016, joining Feisal El-Khazragi (guitar), James Joseph (bass), and Ashley Green (drums).
In 2017, the band released the double A-side single Permanent/Dream Of Me, followed in 2018 by a split EP This Is As One with Scouse labelmates Loathe.
Following the supporting tour, El-Khazragi left the band to take up bass duties with Loathe. He was replaced by Scott Carey, in time for the band’s first appearance at the Slam Dunk festival. Towards the end of 2018, Holding Absence announced their debut self-titled album, released in March 2019 to positive reviews.
In April, the band released another double A-side, Gravity/Birdcage. This was followed in October 2020 by the announcement that Holding Absence’s second album The Greatest Mistake Of My Life would be released in April 2021.
The album was preceded by a single Beyond Belief, which frontman Lucas Woodland described as embracing a sound that was more influenced by the “'80s indie-shoegaze era”.
Holding Absence also announced a UK tour for October and November 2021.