2 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom2 Events
- Oct 15Oct15Fri 19:00Rebellion Club - ManchesterSpungeOn partner siteFind tickets Rebellion Club - ManchesterSpungeOct 15 19:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Oct 14Oct14Find ticketsThu 19:00Think Tank At Digital - Newcastle Upon TyneSpungeOn partner site
20, no comeback, no split, no farewell, back to back years. 20 years of touring, recording, goofing off and loving every minute of it. If you haven’t heard of Spunge, or they’ve dropped off your radar, it’s because with a DIY ethic like they have, they could only ever stay in favour with magazines and music channels for so long.
But as you know, the music world has changed a lot in 20 years, going full circle and putting things back in the hands of the bands, and more importantly the fans - where it should be, making them stronger than ever.
In that 20 years they have achieved a lot of things that most bands could only dream of, including:
• Playing festivals - Reading and Leeds, Download, T In The Park and many more
• Played alongside bands such as Greenday, Foo Fighters, Less Than Jake, Living End and Goldfinger
• Having a UK Top 40 single with Jump On Demand
• Being the No.1 most voted for video for several weeks running on Kerrang TV
• Having features in multiple music magazines in the UK and abroad
• Headlined numerous tours and selling out venues all over the country
• Touring Europe and Norway multiple times
• Even creating their own record label and more
Late last year (2013) they released their Best Of album through the fan funded PledgeMusic, asking the fans to help them choose the songs they deemed worthy of making the cut, reworking some and re-recording all the tracks. The result is something that captures the band on CD probably better than ever before; a fitting tribute to celebrate 20 years of Spunge. With a very well received tour last year to promote the new release going so well, 2014 doesn't show any signs of slowing down. With shows being booked all the time and a 20th anniversary tour in the making for later in 2014 it's business as usual for Spunge.
As well as this they are working out plans to get in the studio again, writing and recording a Brand New album of Brand New material, hopefully for release at the end of this year.