Alternative and Indie
Less Than Jake
9 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom9 Events
- Mar 31 2022Mar312022Find ticketsThu 18:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowLess Than Jake
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneLess Than Jake
- Apr 02 2022Apr022022Find ticketsSat 17:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsLess Than Jake
- Apr 03 2022Apr032022Find ticketsSun 18:00O2 Ritz Manchester - ManchesterLess Than Jake
- Apr 05 2022Apr052022Find ticketsTue 18:00O2 Academy Leicester - LeicesterLess Than Jake
- Apr 06 2022Apr062022Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Institute Birmingham - BirminghamLess Than Jake
- Apr 07 2022Apr072022Find ticketsThu 18:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthLess Than Jake
- Apr 08 2022Apr082022Find ticketsFri 18:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolLess Than Jake
- Apr 09 2022Apr092022Find ticketsSat 18:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonLess Than Jake
Gainesville, FL frontrunners in the '90s ska-punk boom
It didn't take long for Floridian quintet Less Than Jake to shed their punkish power pop foundations and lean into the brass-based, ska-powered pop-punk that would become their calling card. Formed as a trio (vocalist/guitarist Chris Demakes, bassist Shaun and drummer Vinnie Fiorello), the band added horns in the early '90s and forged a reputation via energetic live shows and a series of well-received 7"s.
The band released their debut album Pezcore in 1995, kicking off an impressive run of seminal ska-punk revival records that continued through Losers, Kings And Things We Don't Understand, 1996's Losing Streak and Hello Rockville in 1998.
Even with an album roughly every two years, Less Than Jake still managed a dizzying amount of 7"s and EPs in between, amassing a huge catalogue of grade A good-time ska-punk right through the '00s. By the time they founded their own Sleep It Off label in 2008, they were more elder statesmen of the scene than brash young punks, as likely to be found opening for Bon Jovi as touring with the likes of Anti Flag.
Founding member Vinnie Fiorello departed in 2018, keen to spend more time with his daughter and less time on the road. He was replaced as drummer by Matt Yonker, who had long been associated with the band as guitar tech, tour manager and more.
Despite a preference for EPs and singles, Less Than Jake returned to longer format releases in late 2020 with their eighth album Silver Linings, their first without the considerable songwriting contributions of Fiorello. To support the release, they announced a run of Less Than Jake UK tour dates starting in late March 2022, stopping off in Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Leicester, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol and London.
Less Than Jake have announced UK dates for March and April 2022.
Less Than Jake will be playing in:
Less Than Jake tickets are on sale now.