8 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom7 Events
- May 31May31Find ticketsMon 20:00De La Warr Pavilion - Bexhill on SeaThis Is the Kit
- Nov 02Nov02Tue 19:30The Globe - CardiffThis Is the KitOn partner siteFind tickets The Globe - CardiffThis Is the KitNov 02 19:30Find ticketsOn partner site
- Nov 13Nov13Find ticketsSat 19:00The Live Rooms - ChesterThis Is the KitOn partner site
- Nov 18Nov18Find ticketsThu 19:30The Cluny - Newcastle Upon TyneThis Is the KitOn partner site
- Nov 21Nov21Find ticketsSun 15:00Brudenell Social Club - LeedsNew Kind of NeighbourhoodOn partner site
- Jun 11Jun11Find ticketsFri 14:00Kirtlington Park - OxfordshireKite - Weekend Camping TicketOn partner site
- Nov 19Nov19Fri 20:00The Citadel - YorkThis Is the KitOn partner siteFind tickets The Citadel - YorkThis Is the KitNov 19 20:00Find ticketsOn partner site
International Events1 Events
- Nov 12Nov12Find ticketsFri 19:30The Button Factory - Dublin, D2, IrelandThis Is the Kit
About This Is the Kit
Absolutely gorgeous, like an aural bath with the warm water lapping over you” Cerys Matthews, BBC 6music This Is The Kit is the much beloved musical project of Kate Stables, born in England and based in Paris, though the heart of their musical community remains in Bristol, UK. Kate sings, plays guitar, banjo, trumpet and percussion, while a cast of carefully hand-plucked friends deliver guitar strums, banjo plucks, hushed horns and electronic textures that sit beneath Stables’ easy, earnest lilt. Her long time collaborator and regular live companion Jesse Vernon produced the album and contributes guitars, percussion, violin and percussion.
While on tour, This is the Kit is a shape shifting entity ranging from a female duo with friend Rozi Plain to a psychedelia tinged ¬ve electric ¬ve-piece. Aaron Dessner (The National) is working with the band to produce the follow-up album to 'Wriggle Out the Restless', now being reissued by Aaron’s label Brassland. “The aim is to have fun playing with people whose work I really like,” says Kate in her simple and direct fashion.
“The more you exchange and share with people the better things get and the more you learn.” This is the Kit has or will be opening for artists such as Jose Gonzales, Je rey Lewis, The National, Alexi Murdoch, Iron & Wine and Jolie Holland, and was recently selected by Sharon Van Etten as her “Favorite New Aritst” in an interview with Pitchfork.
“Just one of the best things I’ve heard all year, the rest of the LP’s pretty good too....wonderful wonderful stu ” - Guy Garvey, BBC 6 Music
“This Is The Kit should be knighted for the fact that they create a wonderful atmosphere with one singer an acoustic guitar and percussion only” - altsounds.com
‘You thought you didn’t like the banjo but you were wrong pal. Kate Stables rips forward with a hypnotic twang pattern and a voice of rare una ected beauty. Accompanied by a backing-band of minimal psychedelia, This is the Kit will transport you to a warm bath in the middle of a forest.’ - Neil Smith, The Liftmen.
IF IT WAS A CAKE: It would be a fully wholemeal and organic savoury a air which nonetheless satisfy’s all craving for trashy treats.
IF IT WAS A CAR: It would be a pre-WW2 amphibious vehical with the engine taken out and replaced by pedals, oars and a sail.
This Is The Kit have toured in the uk, japan, and europe. They appear in may guises: solo, duo, psychedelic rock-formation, 4-4-2, unplugged acoustic gigs, choir workshops, homeshows, busking etc.