12 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom11 Events
- Nov 30Nov30Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonAlestorm
- Dec 01Dec01Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Sheffield - SheffieldAlestorm
- Dec 02Dec02Find ticketsThu 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterAlestormLimited Availability
- Dec 04Dec04Find ticketsSat 18:00The Limelight - BelfastAlestorm + Gloryhammer + Aether Realm
- Dec 07Dec07Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneAlestorm
- Dec 08Dec08Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamAlestorm
- Dec 09Dec09Find ticketsThu 19:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichAlestorm
- Dec 10Dec10Find ticketsFri 18:30O2 Academy Bristol - BristolAlestorm
- Dec 11Dec11Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonAlestorm
International Events1 Events
- Dec 03Dec03Find ticketsFri 19:00National Stadium - Dublin, IrelandAlestorm + Gloryhammer + Aether Realm
The Perth-based pirate metallers
Hailing from Eastern Scotland, Alestorm got their start in 2004 as Battleheart, a power metal band that wrote songs about aircraft. Following a mix-up where someone heard “pirates” instead of “pilots”, they recorded the wildly successful song Heavy Metal Pirates in 2006 and decided to permanently adopt the swashbuckling theme.
In 2007, the band were signed to Napalm Records and changed their name to Alestorm. A year later, their debut album Captain Morgan’s Revenge was released featuring the lead single Heavy Metal Pirates.
Alestorm’s sophomore album Black Sails At Midnight arrived in 2009. Their third album Back Through Time followed a year later and they supported it with a world tour. At this time, Alestorm began to evolve into an international party machine on a voyage to conquer album charts and festival stages with their songs about getting drunk and stealing ships.
In 2014, their fourth record Sunset On The Golden Age was released and reached No.1 on the UK rock albums chart. They followed that up with 2017’s No Grave But The Sea and it peaked at No.1 on Billboard’s Heatseekers chart.
The band embarked on a huge UK and Ireland road trip in 2018 dubbed Piratefest, and then went on to storm international venues with it in 2019.
Over the years, Alestorm’s line-up has changed greatly, but has settled into a quintet that includes lead vocalist and keytarist Christopher Bowes, guitarist Máté Bodor, bassist Gareth Murdock, drummer Peter Alcorn and keyboardist Elliot Vernon.
They released their seventh album Curse Of The Crystal Coconut in May 2020 featuring the singles Tortuga, Treasure Chest Party Quest, Fannybaws and Pirate Metal Drinking Crew. In March 2021, Alestorm confirmed a UK tour for November and December 2021 to support it.
Alestorm are touring the UK from 30 November – 11 December 2021 in support of their new album Curse Of The Crystal Coconut.
Alestorm are visiting the following UK cities in 2021:
Tickets for Alestorm’s 2021 tour dates go on sale from 10:00 on Thursday 1 April 2021.