7 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom7 Events
- 17/06/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Leeds - Leeds Waterparks Jun 17 2022 19:00Friday 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsWaterparks
- 18/06/2022Find ticketsManchester Academy - Manchester Waterparks Jun 18 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterWaterparks
- 19/06/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - Glasgow Waterparks Jun 19 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowWaterparks
- 21/06/2022Find ticketsRock City - Nottingham Waterparks Jun 21 2022 19:00 On partner siteTuesday 19:00Rock City - NottinghamWaterparksOn partner site
- 22/06/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Brixton - London Waterparks Jun 22 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonWaterparks
- 23/06/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Bristol - Bristol Waterparks Jun 23 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolWaterparks
- 25/06/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Birmingham - Birmingham Waterparks Jun 25 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamWaterparks
Texan pop-punk trio
Waterparks are a pop-punk trio from Austin, Texas who blend forbearers such as blink 182 and Fall Out Boy with elements of pop, hip-hop and electronica. The band was formed by frontman Awsten Knight, drummer Otto Wood and guitarist Geoff Wigington in 2011.
Following two self-released EPs in 2012 and 2014, the trio teamed up with heavyweights Benji Madden of Good Charlotte and producer Courtney Ballard (5 Seconds Of Summer) to record their first EP for a label, 2016’s Cluster.
A summer on the prestigious pop-punk proving ground of the Warped Tour set the stage for the band’s debut album, Double Dare, released in late 2016. This was followed in 2018 by Entertainment, which saw Waterparks again team up with Benji Madden and raised the band’s profile further in both the US and the UK.
In 2019, the band demonstrated their diversifying range on their third album FANDOM, which featured dalliances with both electro-pop and hip hop. Positive reviews abounded.
The following year, the band announced they’d signed with the predominantly hip-hop orientated label 300 for their fourth album. Their first release for their new label was the single Lowkey As Hell, recorded with FANDOM producer Zakk Cervini (Poppy, Yungblud, All Time Low).
The band released FANDOM: LIVE IN THE UK, their first concert film and live album. in November 2020. Recorded and filmed in January 2020 at a sold-out show at O2 Academy Birmingham on their FANDOM tour, it utilised special effects to create an otherworldly experience that's both exhilarating and intimate.
“As a co-director, I wanted it to be like an IMAX Waterparks show but in an alternate universe and so every song is warped out and stylised to look how it feels to me while we’re performing,” said Knight. “It took us six months of editing daily to create what we consider an innovative/abstract experience while still remaining cohesive and thoughtful.”
In early 2021, Waterparks rescheduled their SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE TOUR visiting seven UK cities to summer 2022. On 6 May 2021, the band announced several album release shows for August and September 2021 supporting their forthcoming GREATEST HITS album, due for release on 21 May 2021.
Waterparks 2021 album release dates:
- 30 August 2021 – Kings Tut's, Glasgow
- 31 August 2021 – Key Club, Leeds
- 2 September 2021 – Tufnell Park Dome, London
- 3 September 2021 – O2 Institute2 Birmingham
- 4 September 2021 – Slam Dunk Festival (Leeds – North acoustic set)
- 5 September 2021 – Slam Dunk Festival (Hatfield – South acoustic set)
Waterparks 2022 tour dates:
- 17 June 2022 – O2 Academy Leeds
- 18 June 2022 – Manchester Academy
- 19 June 2022 – O2 Academy Glasgow
- 21 June 2022 – Nottingham Rock City
- 22 June 2022 – O2 Academy Brixton, London
- 23 June 2022 – O2 Academy Bristol
- 25 June 2022 – O2 Academy Birmingham
Waterparks announce album release shows
The pop-punk trio will be playing a run of UK dates from 30 August – 5 September 2021 in support of their forthcoming GREATEST HITS album. Tickets go on sale from 11:00 on Thursday 13 May 2021.
Waterparks will be playing a run of album release shows this summer from 30 August – 5 September 2021. They are also coming to the UK with their SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE TOUR from 17 – 25 June 2022.
Waterparks will perform in the following UK cities in 2021 and 2022:
Tickets for Waterparks' 2021 album release dates go on sale from 11:00 on Thursday 13 May 2021. Tickets for Waterparks' 2022 SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE TOUR dates are on sale now. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled dates.