11 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom11 Events
- Apr 09Apr09Find ticketsFri 19:00Grand Central - LiverpoolWard Thomas
- Apr 16Apr16Find ticketsFri 19:00Queens Hall Edinburgh - EdinburghWard Thomas - Unfiltered
- Apr 19Apr19Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthWard Thomas - Unfiltered Acoustic Tour
- Apr 20Apr20Find ticketsTue 18:30New Victoria Theatre - WokingWard Thomas
- Apr 23Apr23Find ticketsFri 19:00St Georges Church Brighton - BrightonWard Thomas
- Apr 25Apr25Find ticketsSun 19:00RNCM Theatre - ManchesterWard Thomas
- Apr 25Apr25Find ticketsSun 19:00RNCM Concert Hall - ManchesterWard Thomas
- Apr 26Apr26Find ticketsMon 19:00Union Chapel - LondonWard Thomas
- Apr 27Apr27Find ticketsTue 19:00Union Chapel - LondonWard Thomas
- May 21May21Find ticketsFri 18:45Royal Albert Hall - LondonJames Blunt - Once Upon a Mind Tour
- Apr 15Apr15Find ticketsThu 19:00The Mackintosh Church - GlasgowWard Thomas - Unfiltered
The record-breaking twins celebrate their fourth album
Ever since Lizzy and Catherine Ward Thomas, twin sisters from Hampshire, were introduced to the sounds of Carrie Underwood, Alison Krauss and Dixie Chicks by a Canadian cousin in their early teens, they’ve had country music beating in their hearts.
The twosome began writing their debut album in 2012 when they were 18 years old and still completing their A-levels. Released by WTW Music in 2014, From Where We Stand climbed to No.41 on the UK albums chart and all the way to No.1 on the UK country chart. It was also named UK Album of the Year at the British Country Music Awards.
Just two years later, the young duo were signed by Sony Music and became the first UK country act to score the No.1 album spot with their sophomore release Cartwheels. Thanks to the emotional title track and catchy singles like Carry You Home and Guilty Flowers, Ward Thomas soon found themselves in the line-up for 2016’s Glastonbury Festival, as well as landing the opening slot for 2017’s Country To Country festival and playing in Groningen, Netherlands at Eurosonic Noorderslag.
For their third album, Ward Thomas went to Nashville where the siblings further honed their songwriting skills while also collaborating in London with Ed Drewett, who’s written with One Direction, Little Mix and Olly Murs. Experimenting with their vocal cadences and harmonies, 2019’s Restless Minds pushed new boundaries in their country-pop sound as well as tackled topics like the women’s movement, social media and mental health.
Largely produced by Jonathan Quarmby (Lewis Capaldi, Tom Walker), Ward Thomas’ fourth album Invitation was recorded during lockdown from their Hampshire cottage. Out on 9 October 2020, the twin troubadours announced a special global live streaming event for 10 October 2020 from The Theatre Royal, Haymarket. In this exclusive one-off concert performance shot over the summer at the historic London theatre, they confirmed they would play new material as well as songs from their first three albums.
Ward Thomas announced a global live streaming event for 10 October 2020, the day after the release of their fourth album Invitation. The exclusive concert was filmed this past summer at London’s Theatre Royal. The stream event also includes a Q&A hosted by Radio 1’s Newsbeat presenter Shiona McCallum, and rising Nashville artist Devin Dawson is also joining them as a special guest.
Ward Thomas are heading out on a UK tour from 9 – 27 April 2021. The twin sister duo will also support James Blunt during his 21 May 2021 performance at London’s Royal Albert Hall.
Ward Thomas will perform in the following UK cities:
Tickets for Ward Thomas’ 2021 UK dates are available now.