0 Upcoming Events
We're sorry, but we couldn’t find any events
About Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience
Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience allows visitors to step inside the paintings of one of the world's most famous artists.
You'll be delighted by this colourful and engaging insight into Vincent Van Gogh. An immersive experience, it tells the story of the 19th century impressionist painter’s life and work through projections, recreations and interactive elements of his artworks. Over 200 of his works are featured, but rather than remaining static, the paintings come alive with world-class digital animation, cutting-edge technology and an emotive soundtrack.
The 35-minute, fully immersive, 360-degree experience let you see through the eyes of Van Gogh. There is also an optional virtual reality experience where you can take a walk through the French town of Arles, discovering the inspiration behind many of his masterpieces.
Designed for all ages, Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience will appeal to a wide range of people from local residents and school groups, to tourists and art societies.
Lovers of fine art and fans of digital animation will all be impressed by this moving story and its distinctive style of presentation. Best of all, you do not need any previous knowledge of Van Gogh or his works to enjoy the experience in full.
Safety tips and other information for your visit:
• Entrance is granted for pre-bookings only.
• You should wear a face covering at all times when inside the exhibition. If you do not have your own mask, a disposable one will be provided to you at the entrance.
• All staff members will be wearing face masks for your safety.
• Sanitising sations have been placed for use before entry and around the exhbition.
• Observe social distancing by queueing upon arrival and in various waiting areas throughout the premises.
• You will be guided through to the main exhibition. Take a seat where you are shown and do not move the seating, which is placed for your safety at the appropriate social distance. All seats are cleaned regularly by the staff.
• In Leicester, toilet facilities are located outside the church in the portable toilet. Use these facilities if needed before you enter the exhibition. In York, if you need to use the toilet facilities, do so before you move into the virtual reality area – the toilets are cleaned every hour.
• If you would like to use the sketch and colour section, use the disposable gloves provided when using the crayons.
• When taking part in virtual reality, wear the eye mask and hair cap provided for your own protection. If you need any help, a member of staff will be there to instruct you.
• When you visit the gift shop refrain from touching items. If you would like to see how something works, ask a member of staff.