7 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom7 Events
- Aug 21 2021Aug212021Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowTwo Door Cinema Club
- Aug 26 2021Aug262021Find ticketsUntil Aug 29 2021Bramham Park - LeedsLeeds Festival 2021 - Instalment Plan
- Aug 26 2021Aug262021Find ticketsUntil Aug 29 2021Bramham Park - LeedsLeeds Festival 2021 - Weekend Tickets
- Aug 26 2021Aug262021Find ticketsUntil Aug 29 2021Reading Festival - ReadingReading Festival 2021 - Weekend Tickets
- Aug 26 2021Aug262021Until Aug 29 2021Reading Festival - ReadingReading Festival 2021 - Weekend Tickets (Payment Plan)Find ticketsReading Festival - ReadingReading Festival 2021 - Weekend Tickets (Payment Plan)Aug 26 202100:00Find tickets
- Aug 28 2021Aug282021Find ticketsSat 09:30Reading Festival - ReadingReading Festival 2021 - Saturday Day Ticket
- Aug 29 2021Aug292021Find ticketsSun 11:00Bramham Park - LeedsLeeds Festival 2021 - Sunday Day Ticket
About Two Door Cinema Club
With their unique brand of electro pop rock, Two Door Cinema Club have found a legion of fans in the UK, Ireland, America and beyond. Hailing from Bangor and Donaghdee in Northern Ireland, the three piece consists of Alex Trimble, Sam Halliday and Kevin Baird. Sharing both vocal and musical duties, the trio were initially influenced by the melodic rock of acts such as Death Cab for Cutie and Modest Mouse. Having met at school, the band began performing as Two Door Cinema Club, a mispronunciation of Tudor Cinema Club in their hometown, in 2007 and soon faced a difficult decision - to continue their education or choose to pursue a career in music.
Opting for the latter, the band released a self-funded debut EP entitled Four Words to Stand On in 2009. A single from the EP, Something Good Can Work, immediately brought the band critical acclaim in addition to a record deal with label, Kitsune. The French-based record company funded the release of a further single, I Can Talk, which helped the band reach an even wider audience. By the end of 2009, Two Door Cinema Club had increased their fan base and been included on the BBC's prestigious Sound of 2010 shortlist.
The band then got to work on their debut album with Eliot James, a renowned producer who had previously masterminded hugely successful records for both Bloc Party and Noah and the Whale. Called Tourist History, the album was released in March 2010 and was pre-empted by the single, Undercover Martyn. Praised for its catchy tunes, innovative lyrics, energetic melodies, pulsing rhythms and inventive use of synth and beats, the album was a perfect example of Two Door Cinema Club's electronically enhanced guitar driven sound. The album's tracks dealt predominantly with the theme of love and the band's journey from school leavers to signed recording artists.
Aided by appearances on a range of high profile television shows in America, the band's debut album immediately captured a loyal fan following in the US in addition to a place on the iTunes top 40 download chart. Further enhancing their reputation as an energetic live act, Two Door Cinema Club made a number of festival appearances, including Reading and Leeds, iTunes and T in the Park, throughout 2010. Following another successful US tour, the band recorded and released their second album, Beacon, in 2012.