0 Upcoming Events
We're sorry, but we couldn’t find any events
The inimitable Australian polymath
Music virtuoso Tim Minchin is internationally renowned as a songwriter and composer, but he’s a man of many more talents – including being an award-winning actor, comedian and author.
Born in Northampton, he was raised in Perth, Australia. Minchin fell in love with theatre from a young age, later studying and receiving a degree from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts’ Edith Cowan University in 1998 – with that institution awarding him an honorary Doctorate of Performing Arts in recognition of his outstanding contributions in 2019.
Minchin’s credits have been numerous since graduating. He’s probably best known for creating the lyrics and music in the acclaimed Matilda The Musical, which has won a record seven Olivier Awards, and five Tony Awards – and it continues to run in the West End among many other cities worldwide.
In addition, Minchin did the score for the fantastically witty musical Groundhog Day, and he co-wrote and starred in the television series Upright about two misfits thrown together by chance in the middle of the Australian desert.
Minchin also has a long history of sold-tour live tours in Australia, the UK and across the globe that often showcase not only his comedic chops but his politically charged songwriting and his extraordinary piano playing skills.
Over the years he released numerous live albums including 2005’s Darkside, 2006’s So Rock, 2009’s Ready For This?, 2010’s Live At The O2, 2011’s Tim Minchin And The Heritage Orchestra and 2013’s So F***ing Rock.
Minchin’s debut studio album, Apart Together, recorded since he moved back to Sydney in 2018, came out in November 2020 and reached No.3 on the ARIA charts. Full of personal songs that tell stories and vary from pop-rock to intimate ballads, The Independent described it as “crisply observed and tenderly considered”. In advance of the album’s arrival, he played a one-off livestream concert showcasing all 11 tracks to a worldwide audience.
In early 2021, Minchin announced his return to the UK stage in autumn with his critically acclaimed BACK – Encore Tour 2021. In June 2021, he added four new October dates to the huge tour.
Billed as “Old Songs, New Songs, F*** You Songs”, the setlist includes material from throughout his eclectic repertoire. BACK was first performed in the UK in 2019 and not only received rave reviews, but also saw Minchin pick up a Helpmann Award for Best Australian Contemporary Concert.
Tim Minchin's BACK – Encore Tour 2021 UK dates
- 16 October 2021 – P&J Live, Aberdeen (new date)
- 17 October 2021 – Festival Theatre, Edinburgh (new date)
- 20 October 2021 – Caird Hall, Dundee (new date)
- 23 October 2021 – Birmingham Hippodrome
- 24 October 2021 – Birmingham Hippodrome
- 25 October 2021 – The Brighton Centre
- 28 October 2021 – Portsmouth Guildhall (new date)
- 31 October 2021 – O2 City Hall Newcastle
- 1 November 2021 – O2 City Hall Newcastle
- 2 November 2021 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 3 November 2021 – Bonus Arena, Hull
- 6 November 2021 – O2 Apollo Manchester
- 7 November 2021 – O2 Apollo Manchester
- 8 November 2021 – Eventim Apollo, London
- 9 November 2021 – Eventim Apollo, London
- 10 November 2021 – Portsmouth Guildhall
- 11 November 2021 – Eventim Apollo, London
- 14 November 2021 – Nottingham Arena
- 17 November 2021 – De Monfort Hall, Leicester
- 18 November 2021 – Ipswich Regent
- 20 November 2021 – Blackpool Opera House
- 21 November 2021 – Stockton Globe
- 24 November 2021 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 27 November 2021 – Plymouth Pavilions
- 28 November 2021 – Bournemouth International Centre
Photo at top by Damian Bennett
Tim Minchin adds four new dates to his tour
The Australian music virtuoso is now performing in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee and Portsmouth in October 2021. Tickets for the new dates go on sale from 10:00 on Thursday 1 July 2021.
Tim Minchin confirms 2021 tour
The award-winning artist returns to the UK stage this October and November with more dates of his critically acclaimed BACK tour.
Tim Minchin performs a virtual concert
On 19 November 2020, the eve of the release of his first studio solo album Apart Together, Minchin and his band streamed a live performance of its songs to a global audience.
Tim Minchin has confirmed new UK dates of his BACK tour from 16 October – 28 November 2021.
Tim Minchin will take his BACK – Encore Tour 2021 to the following cities:
Tickets for Tim Minchin's newly added October 2021 UK tour dates go on sale from 10:00 on Thursday 1 July 2021. Tickets for all his previously announced tour dates are on sale now.