9 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom9 Events
- 25/02/2022Find ticketsO2 Institute Birmingham - Birmingham The Wailers Feb 25 2022 18:30Friday 18:30O2 Institute Birmingham - BirminghamThe Wailers
- 26/02/2022Find ticketsO2 Ritz Manchester - Manchester The Wailers Feb 26 2022 18:30Saturday 18:30O2 Ritz Manchester - ManchesterThe Wailers
- 27/02/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - Glasgow The Wailers Feb 27 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe Wailers
- 28/02/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Leeds - Leeds The Wailers Feb 28 2022 19:00Monday 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsThe Wailers
- 02/03/2022Find ticketsRock City - Nottingham The Wailers Mar 02 2022 18:30Wednesday 18:30Rock City - NottinghamThe Wailers
- 03/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Bournemouth - Bournemouth The Wailers Mar 03 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthThe Wailers
- 04/03/2022Find ticketsIndigo At The O2 - London The Wailers Mar 04 2022 19:00Friday 19:00Indigo At The O2 - LondonThe Wailers
- 05/03/2022Find ticketsTramshed - Cardiff The Wailers Mar 05 2022 19:30Saturday 19:30Tramshed - CardiffThe Wailers
- 06/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Bristol - Bristol The Wailers Mar 06 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolThe Wailers
Era-defining reggae and roots band with rebel hearts
The Wailers first took shape in the mid-’60s. Originally formed by Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer, the Jamaican reggae band’s line-up changed greatly over the years, but in the early ’70s featured a nucleus that also included Aston “Family Man” Barrett and his brother Carlton Barrett. By the mid-’70s, Tosh and Wailer departed while Junior Marvin, Al Anderson, Tyrone Downie, Earl “Way” Lindo, Alvin “Secco” Patterson and the I Three backing vocalists had come on board.
With the goal of promoting peace, love and equality around the world through the power of their ground-breaking blend of reggae, roots, ska and rock, Bob Marley And The Wailers recorded and toured together until Marley’s death in 1981.
During this span, they released 13 albums, starting with 1965’s debut The Wailing Wailers through to 1983’s Confrontation, which came out posthumously. Among the many hits were Trenchtown Rock, Duppy Conqueror, I Shot The Sheriff, Exodus, Jamming, Is This Love, Satisfy My Soul and No Woman, No Cry.
The Wailers, who can comfortably claim a place in era-defining music history, have continued to carry the reggae, roots and rock torch. Now led by those who were raised under their tutelage, Aston Barrett Jr, the son of the irrepressible “Family Man”, anchors of the band.
In 2020, The Wailers released the Grammy-nominated album One World featuring the powerful lead single One World, One Prayer. Produced and written by Emilio Estefan, the track mixed Jamaican reggae with elements of urban Latin music and contained vocals from Farruko, Shaggy and Bob Marley’s daughter Cedella and her son Skip.
The Wailers embarked on their One World Tour across North America in late summer and autumn 2021, plus confirmed they would be heading to the UK for a series of concerts in February and March 2022.
The Wailers 2022 UK tour dates
- 25 February 2022 – O2 Institute Birmingham
- 26 February 2022 – O2 Ritz Manchester
- 27 February 2022 – O2 Academy Glasgow
- 28 February 2022 – O2 Academy Leeds
- 2 March 2022 – Rock City, Nottingham
- 3 March 2022 – O2 Academy Bournemouth
- 4 March 2022 – indigo at The O2, London
- 5 March 2022 – Tramshed, Cardiff
- 6 March 2022 – O2 Academy Bristol
The Wailers announce 2022 UK tour
The era-defining band are heading out on a UK tour to perform songs from Legend, One World plus other greatest hits next February and March 2022. Tickets go on sale Friday 27 August 2021 at 10:00.
The Wailers are touring the UK from 25 February – 6 March 2022.
The Wailers will be visiting the following UK cities on their 2022 tour:
During their 2022 tour, The Wailers will play a special set featuring cuts from Bob Marley And The Wailers and performing songs from Legend and One World plus other greatest hits.
Tickets for The Wailers 2022 tour dates go on sale from 10:00 on Friday 27 August 2021.