Alternative and Indie
9 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom9 Events
- Apr 26 2021Apr262021Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthThe Vamps
- Apr 28 2021Apr282021Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Sheffield - SheffieldThe Vamps
- Apr 29 2021Apr292021Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsThe Vamps
- May 01 2021May012021Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneThe Vamps
- May 02 2021May022021Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe VampsLow Availability
- May 04 2021May042021Find ticketsTue 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterThe VampsLimited Availability
- May 05 2021May052021Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Liverpool - LiverpoolThe VampsLow Availability
- May 07 2021May072021Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamThe Vamps
- May 09 2021May092021Find ticketsSun 19:00Eventim Apollo - LondonThe VampsLimited Availability
Pop mastery from the enduring UK boy band
Inspired by the resurgence of boy band popularity in the wake of One Direction’s success, guitarist James McVey took to YouTube to approach vocalist Bradley Simpson with the idea of starting their own group. Enlisting drummer Tristan Evans and bassist Connor Ball, The Vamps began sharing cover versions of popular songs on the platform.
Catching the attention of McFly, both groups hit the road together ahead of the four-piece releasing their 2013 debut single Can We Dance. Their debut full-length Meet The Vamps followed in 2014 and not only broke onto the UK albums chart at No.2, but also spawned four more singles: Wild Heart, Last Night, Somebody To You featuring Demi Lovato and High Hopes. The quartet embarked on their first UK headline tour that autumn.
With the desire of helping more young bands break through, The Vamps launched their own label Steady Records, an offshoot of Universal Music and EMI, in 2015 – signing The Tide as their first act and later adding New Hope Club.
The Vamps saw their next three albums arrive in steady succession. Wake Up was unveiled in 2015 and peaked at No.10 on the UK albums chart. Released in two parts, Night & Day comprised their third and fourth albums. First up was 2017’s chart-topping Night & Day (Night Edition), featuring a collaboration with Norwegian DJ Matoma on EDM global smash All Night. That was followed by 2018’s Night & Day (Day Edition), which debuted at the No.2 spot.
After a rapid-fire cycle of album releases and tours, The Vamps took a short break – however still found time in late 2018 and 2019 for collaborations with DJ Sigala on We Don’t Care and DJ Alok on All The Lies, as well as to co-write and co-produce their four-track Missing You EP.
In summer 2020, The Vamps dropped the single Married In Vegas, which was A-listed on BBC Radio 2, and in early autumn they revealed the track Chemicals. Both singles formed part of their fifth record Cherry Blossom, released on 16 October 2020.
“We’d be lying if we said we didn’t want it to go out into the world and be received positively,” said Simpson of the album they’d honed during lockdown. “But ultimately we love it so much, and that feeling of self-fulfilment is so exciting. These are songs that really touch on parts of our lives.”
On 28 September 2020, The Vamps announced The Cherry Blossom Tour for April and May 2021.
The Vamps announced The Cherry Blossom Tour from 26 April – 9 May 2021. The shows will see the four-piece perform songs from their new album Cherry Blossom alongside some of their greatest hits.
In 2021 The Vamps are performing in the following UK cities:
Tickets for The Vamps’ 2021 Cherry Blossom UK tour are going on sale from 16:00 on Thursday 8 October 2020.