12 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom12 Events
- Sep 23Sep23Find ticketsThu 19:00Brangwyn Hall - SwanseaThe Staves 'The Good Woman Tour'
- Sep 24Sep24Find ticketsFri 19:00Cambridge Junction - CambridgeThe StavesLow Availability
- Sep 26Sep26Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Academy Oxford - OxfordThe Staves
- Sep 28Sep28Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Institute Birmingham - BirminghamThe Staves
- Oct 02Oct02Find ticketsSat 19:00Queens Hall Edinburgh - EdinburghThe StavesLow Availability
- Oct 05Oct05Find ticketsTue 11:00Wylam Brewery - Newcastle-upon-TyneThe Staves Plus SupportOn partner site
- Oct 06Oct06Find ticketsWed 18:30Rock City - NottinghamThe Staves - the Good Woman TourOn partner site
- Oct 07Oct07Find ticketsThu 19:00Albert Hall - ManchesterThe Staves
- Oct 11Oct11Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - LondonThe Staves
- Oct 12Oct12Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolThe Staves
The Watford indie-folk sister trio
As kids Emily, Jessica and Camilla Staveley-Taylor grew up in Watford listening as their parents entertained friends by pulling out guitars and singing Bob Dylan and Crosby, Stills and Nash songs. By the time the sisters were teens, they began performing together at local open-mic nights at The Horns pub and soon after their own band, The Staves, emerged.
Initially the siblings covered songs by The Beatles, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell while honing their ethereal harmonies. By the late ’00s they also began writing their own music.
In 2010, The Staves appeared on Tom Jones’ album Praise And Blame and over the next two years they supported several big acts on tour including Mt Desolation in the UK as well as The Civil Wars, Bear’s Den and Bon Iver in the US and Canada.
The band’s debut album, Dead & Born & Grown, came out in November 2012. The trio spent a great deal of time across the pond in the years that followed, moving briefly to Nashville and then near Justin Vernon of Bon Iver in Wisconsin to make their follow-up album with him. If I Was arrived in 2015 and that summer The Staves performed at Glastonbury.
In 2016, they relocated to Minneapolis and released the three-track EP Sleeping In A Car before touring North America extensively.
The Staves also kicked off 2017 with another US tour, before wrapping up the year by unveiling a collaborative album with the New York City chamber ensemble yMusic called The Way Is Read.
In February 2021, The Staves released their third album Good Woman and announced a headline UK tour by the same name for autumn.
The Staves are embarking on The Good Woman Tour from 23 September – 12 October 2021.
The Staves will call in the following UK cities on The Good Woman Tour:
Tickets for The Staves’ 2021 UK tour go on sale at 09:00 on Friday 5 March 2021.