8 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom8 Events
- May 02May02Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - LondonThe Mission
- May 03May03Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - LondonThe Mission
- May 02May02Find ticketsUntil May 03O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - LondonThe Mission - Weekend Ticket
- May 05May05Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolThe United European Party Tour
- May 06May06Wed 18:30Rock City - NottinghamThe MissionOn partner siteFind tickets Rock City - NottinghamThe MissionMay 06 18:30Find ticketsOn partner site
- May 07May07Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Ritz Manchester - ManchesterThe Mission - the United European Party Tour
- May 08May08Find ticketsFri 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowThe Mission
- May 09May09Find ticketsSat 18:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsThe Mission - the United European Party Tour
About The Mission
The Mission release their new album, "Another Fall From Grace" on 30th September 2016. This is their first album in three years.
Another Fall From Grace was produced by Wayne Hussey and Tim Palmer and features guest backing vocals from Gary Numan, Martin Gore (Depeche Mode), Ville Valo (HIM), Julianne Regan (All About Eve) & Evi Vine.
“For me, this new Mission album is the long lost missing link between The Sisters Of Mercy’s First & Last & Always and The Mission’s God’s Own Medicine, both albums of course that I was heavily involved in making. I set out this time with the intention of making an album that sounds like 1985. The fact that I feel this has largely been achieved is down to my renewed love for the jingle jangle shimmer of the electric 12 string guitar which featured heavily on those two previously mentioned albums and now the new Mission album.
This is a dark album although I didn’t set out with that intention, it’s just the way things unfolded. I know I did go a little crazy and even a little paranoid during the recording of this album, certainly my mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing all suffered during the course of it. And I think that has informed both the music and the lyrics. So much of this was done in isolation - from the world, from my family, from my friends, and even from my band mates. I can’t say it’s an album I enjoyed making but it is an album I needed to make. It is with huge relief that I can now say it is finished and maybe it’s like an acute pain that you have that once it’s gone you can’t remember how it felt. I hope so as I would like one day to feel the fondness for this record that it maybe deserves.”
Wayne Hussey - Aug 2016