16 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom13 Events
- Jan 31 2022Jan312022Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneThe Kooks
- Feb 01 2022Feb012022Find ticketsTue 19:00Plymouth Pavilions - PlymouthThe Kooks
- Feb 03 2022Feb032022Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamThe KooksLow Availability
- Feb 04 2022Feb042022Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamThe Kooks
- Feb 05 2022Feb052022Find ticketsSat 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonThe Kooks
- Feb 07 2022Feb072022Mon 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out 15th Anniversary TourLimited AvailabilityFind ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out 15th Anniversary TourFeb 07 202219:00Find tickets
- Feb 08 2022Feb082022Tue 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out 15th Anniversary TourFind ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out 15th Anniversary TourFeb 08 202219:00Find tickets
- Feb 11 2022Feb112022Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterThe Kooks
- Feb 12 2022Feb122022Find ticketsSat 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffThe Kooks
- Feb 14 2022Feb142022Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsThe KooksLow Availability
- Feb 15 2022Feb152022Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsThe Kooks
- Feb 17 2022Feb172022Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonThe Kooks
- Feb 18 2022Feb182022Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonThe KooksLimited Availability
International Events3 Events
Brighton indie rockers with a pop sensibility
The Kooks came bopping out of Brighton at an almost serendipitous moment, catching the mid ’00s guitar band wave at its apex and riding it all the way to considerable commercial success.
The quartet formed at Brighton Music College in 2004, taking their name from a Bowie song, a nod towards the band’s deep-rooted affection for classic British pop and rock. Shortly after their formation, Luke Pritchard (vocals/guitar), Hugh Harris (guitar), Max Rafferty (bass) and Paul Garred (drums) recorded a demo that almost immediately caught the attention of several major labels.
Their debut Inside In/Inside Out came out in 2006, showcasing the band’s sunny guitar-driven pop. Landing the same year as pivotal albums by peers such as Arctic Monkeys, Keane, Razorlight, Kasabian and Snow Patrol saw The Kooks positioned at the forefront of a rush of chart-ready indie bands. Preceded by the singles Eddie’s Gun and Sofa Song, Inside In/Inside Out peaked at No.2 in the UK album charts and yielded two Top 10 singles in She Moves In Her Own Way and Naïve.
By early 2008, the band had set to work on their follow-up, albeit without Rafferty, who was sacked and replaced with Dan Rogan (Cat The Dog). Konk was recorded at the Crouch End studio of the same name, owned by Ray Davies of The Kinks, and went straight into the UK album charts at No.1. Soon afterwards, Peter Denton became their new permanent bassist.
In the run-up to the release of their third album, Paul Garred left The Kooks due to nerve damage in his arm, replaced on drums by Alexis Nunez. Junk Of The Heart came out in 2011, debuting at No.10 in the album charts. The band then joined up with producer Inflo for the Listen, which they released in 2014, followed by 2018’s Let’s Go Sunshine.
In late May 2021, The Kooks announced a 15th-anniversary tour celebrating Inside In/Inside Out for January and February 2022.
The Kooks announce UK tour dates
The Brighton indie rockers are celebrating the 15th anniversary of their debut album Inside In/Inside Out with shows in January and February 2022. Tickets go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 28 May 2021.
The Kooks are touring the UK from 31 January – 18 February 2022 in celebration of the 15th anniversary of their debut album Inside In/Inside Out.
The Kooks will be visiting the following UK cities in 2022:
- London (for two shows)
Tickets for The Kooks 2022 tour dates go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 28 May 2021.