5 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom5 Events
- Apr 05 2022Apr052022Tue 19:00Patterns - BrightonThe GardenOn partner siteFind tickets Patterns - BrightonThe GardenApr 05 202219:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Apr 06 2022Apr062022Wed 19:00Heaven - LondonThe GardenOn partner siteFind tickets Heaven - LondonThe GardenApr 06 202219:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Apr 11 2022Apr112022Mon 19:30YES - ManchesterThe GardenOn partner siteFind tickets YES - ManchesterThe GardenApr 11 202219:30Find ticketsOn partner site
- Apr 12 2022Apr122022Find ticketsTue 19:00The Cluny - Newcastle Upon TyneThe GardenOn partner site
- Apr 07 2022Apr072022Find ticketsThu 19:30Exchange Bristol - BristolThe GardenOn partner site
About The Garden
West Coast neo-punk twins, moonlighting models, and provocateurs, The Garden represent a new, youthful punk scene of the West Coast, with their DIY principles, and ability to exploit some previous sixty years of music and fashion to their advantage.
Fact is, The Garden don’t give a shit what you think, they’ve been conceptualizing their own style since well before the formation of the band in 2011.
The constantly evolving duo of identical twin brothers; Wyatt (bass) and Fletcher (drums) Shears, from Orange County, CA consistently defy genre and categorization, so much so, that they created their own term Vada-Vada* to define their sound and escape being pigeonholed. Their minimalistic two-piece bass and drums essence is dirty, raw and immediate. They strip away everything unnecessary about modern punk and get straight to the heart of it.
With four releases up their sleeve; three EPs and their debut album The Life and Times of a Paperclip via Burger Records in 2012, the duo have become known for their fast, condensed, and heavy style. On their debut, they tear through 16 tracks in about the same about of time, with zero time to take a breath. But like youth culture itself their creative expression stretches far beyond any one release.
The duo, not only have captured the attention of the punk scene, but by way of fashion juggernaut, Saint Laurent and creative director, Hedi Slimane, have shown they are as home on a Paris runway as a music stage.
The Garden’s shows are experiential and powerful. Arresting a sense of urgency, they throw you heavily into their parallel world of vada-vada. The duo seduce their audience onto a carnival ride of sound and movement that stops as abruptly as it starts; it’s just a close approximation of The Garden experience.
*Vada-Vada: “an idea that represents pure creative expression, that disregards all previously made genres and ideals”- Wyatt Shears (The Garden) 2015