More Family & Attractions
28 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom28 Events
- 02/04/2022Find ticketsUsher Hall - Edinburgh Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 02 2022 15:00Saturday 15:00Usher Hall - EdinburghSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 03/04/2022Find ticketsTheatre Royal Glasgow - Glasgow Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 03 2022 14:30Sunday 14:30Theatre Royal Glasgow - GlasgowSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 05/04/2022Find ticketsAberdeen Music Hall - Aberdeen Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 05 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00Aberdeen Music Hall - AberdeenSteve Backshall's Ocean
- 07/04/2022Find ticketsG Live Guildford - Guildford Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 07 2022 19:30Thursday 19:30G Live Guildford - GuildfordSteve Backshall's OceanLimited Availability
- 08/04/2022Find ticketsBath Forum - Bath Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 08 2022 19:00Friday 19:00Bath Forum - BathSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 09/04/2022Find ticketsNorthcott Theatre - Exeter Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 09 2022 14:00Saturday 14:00Northcott Theatre - ExeterSteve Backshall's OceanLimited Availability
- 10/04/2022Find ticketsYork Barbican - York Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 10 2022 13:30Sunday 13:30York Barbican - YorkSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 11/04/2022Find ticketsTyne Theatre - Newcastle Upon Tyne Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 11 2022 14:30Monday 14:30Tyne Theatre - Newcastle Upon TyneSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 13/04/2022Find ticketsCorn Exchange Ipswich - Ipswich Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 13 2022 14:00Wednesday 14:00Corn Exchange Ipswich - IpswichSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 14/04/2022Find ticketsHexagon Theatre - Reading Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 14 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00Hexagon Theatre - ReadingSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 15/04/2022Find ticketsPortsmouth Guildhall - Portsmouth Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 15 2022 13:30Friday 13:30Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthSteve Backshall's Ocean
- 16/04/2022Find ticketsBrighton Dome - Brighton Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 16 2022 15:00Saturday 15:00Brighton Dome - BrightonSteve Backshall's OceanLimited Availability
- 17/04/2022Find ticketsBirmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Birmingham Steve Backshall Apr 17 2022 14:00Sunday 14:00Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - BirminghamSteve BackshallLow Availability
- 18/04/2022Find ticketsOpera House Buxton - Buxton Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 18 2022 15:00Monday 15:00Opera House Buxton - BuxtonSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 19/04/2022Find ticketsThe Anvil - Basingstoke Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 19 2022 14:00Tuesday 14:00The Anvil - BasingstokeSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 20/04/2022Find ticketsForum Theatre - Malvern Steve Backshall - Ocean Apr 20 2022 13:30Wednesday 13:30Forum Theatre - MalvernSteve Backshall - Ocean
- 22/04/2022Find ticketsSouthend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-Sea Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 22 2022 19:00Friday 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 23/04/2022Find ticketsBournemouth Pavilion - Bournemouth Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 23 2022 14:00Saturday 14:00Bournemouth Pavilion - BournemouthSteve Backshall's OceanLow Availability
- 24/04/2022Find ticketsNew Theatre Cardiff - Cardiff Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 24 2022 14:00Sunday 14:00New Theatre Cardiff - CardiffSteve Backshall's OceanLimited Availability
- 25/04/2022Find ticketsCheltenham Town Hall - Cheltenham Steve Backshall's Ocean Apr 25 2022 19:00Monday 19:00Cheltenham Town Hall - CheltenhamSteve Backshall's Ocean
The intrepid explorer and naturalist brings the sea to stages all around the UK
BAFTA-Winning explorer, naturalist and TV presenter Steve Backshall has announced Ocean, a brand new stage show discovering the depths of the Big Blue and asking what we can do to protect it at all costs. Featuring live experiments, stunts and big screen footage, this multi-sensory exploration promises to be entertaining and educational for all the family.
Born in 1973 in Surrey, Backshall grew up surrounded by rescue animals, cementing his love for nature and its inhabitants from a young age. Both of his parents worked for British Airways and made the most of discounted fares, meaning the family could take exciting trips all across the world, which no doubt opened his eyes to the wonders of travelling. Indeed, straight after graduating from the University of Exeter he began writing for Rough Guides in Indonesia.
But Backshall would get his break after filming himself exploring the dark depths of Colombian jungles, catching the attention of the National Geographic Channel, who hired him in 1998 as a presenter for the likes of Boot Camp, Earthpulse, The Toughest Race and Game For It. Spotting his talent not just for tackling tough challenges but for clear communication and an affable nature, in 2003 the BBC brought in Backshall for The Really Wild Show, a CBBC children’s programme that saw him traverse many stretches of the earth, from Tasmania to the Gallapagos Islands. The presenter found a home here, and in 2008 launched his own show, Deadly 60, introducing viewers to some of the world’s most dangerous predators. In 2015, after several more shows with the broadcaster such as Supergiants and Lost Land Of The Tiger, Backshall won a BAFTA for Big Blue Live, a three-parter that celebrated the re-wilding of Monterey Bay, California.
On top of a long list of TV shows, Backshall has published many wildlife books and even a series of children’s fiction novels. A man of many surprises, in 2014 he also appeared on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing. He is also a president and patron of several charities, including Young People’s Trust for the Environment, and in 2020 he was awarded an MBE for his services to wildlife conservation and charity work.
Steve Backshall has announced his Ocean tour for April and May 2022.
Tickets for Steve Backshall's Ocean are on general sale from 10.00 on Friday 5 November 2021.