20 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom19 Events
- 27/02/2022Find ticketsWaterfront Hall Auditorium - Belfast Status Quo Feb 27 2022 20:00Sunday 20:00Waterfront Hall Auditorium - BelfastStatus QuoLow Availability
- 02/03/2022Find ticketsBonus Arena, Hull - Hull Status Quo Mar 02 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00Bonus Arena, Hull - HullStatus QuoLow Availability
- 03/03/2022Find ticketsStockton Globe - Stockton-on-Tees Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 03 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00Stockton Globe - Stockton-on-TeesStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLow Availability
- 05/03/2022Find ticketsLiverpool Philharmonic Hall - Liverpool Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 05 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00Liverpool Philharmonic Hall - LiverpoolStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLimited Availability
- 06/03/2022Find ticketsSymphony Hall - Birmingham Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 06 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00Symphony Hall - BirminghamStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOING
- 08/03/2022Tuesday 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGFind ticketsSouthend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-Sea Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 08 2022 19:00Find ticketsSouthend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-Sea Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 08 2022 19:00
- 09/03/2022Find ticketsIpswich Regent Theatre - Ipswich Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 09 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00Ipswich Regent Theatre - IpswichStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLow Availability
- 11/03/2022Find ticketsDe Montfort Hall - Leicester Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 11 2022 19:00Friday 19:00De Montfort Hall - LeicesterStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLimited Availability
- 12/03/2022Find ticketsG Live Guildford - Guildford Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 12 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00G Live Guildford - GuildfordStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLimited Availability
- 14/03/2022Find ticketsBridgewater Hall - Manchester Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 14 2022 19:00Monday 19:00Bridgewater Hall - ManchesterStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLimited Availability
- 15/03/2022Find ticketsSt David's Hall - Cardiff Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 15 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00St David's Hall - CardiffStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLimited Availability
- 17/03/2022Find ticketsNew Theatre Oxford - Oxford Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 17 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00New Theatre Oxford - OxfordStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOING
- 18/03/2022Find ticketsBath Forum - Bath Status Quo - OUT OUT QUOING Mar 18 2022 19:00Friday 19:00Bath Forum - BathStatus Quo - OUT OUT QUOINGLimited Availability
- 25/11/2022Friday 18:00P&J Live, Aberdeen - AberdeenStatus Quo & very special guest Shakin' StevensFind ticketsP&J Live, Aberdeen - Aberdeen Status Quo & very special guest Shakin' Stevens Nov 25 2022 18:00Find ticketsP&J Live, Aberdeen - Aberdeen Status Quo & very special guest Shakin' Stevens Nov 25 2022 18:00
- 26/11/2022Find ticketsSEC Armadillo - Glasgow Status Quo and Shakin' Stevens Nov 26 2022 18:30Saturday 18:30SEC Armadillo - GlasgowStatus Quo and Shakin' Stevens
- 28/11/2022Find ticketsFirst Direct Arena - Leeds Status Quo Nov 28 2022 18:00Monday 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsStatus Quo
- 30/11/2022Wednesday 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonStatus Quo & very special guest Shakin StevensLow AvailabilityFind ticketsThe Brighton Centre - Brighton Status Quo & very special guest Shakin Stevens Nov 30 2022 18:30Find ticketsThe Brighton Centre - Brighton Status Quo & very special guest Shakin Stevens Nov 30 2022 18:30
- 01/12/2022Thursday 18:30Bournemouth International Centre - BournemouthStatus Quo & very special guest Shakin StevensLow AvailabilityFind ticketsBournemouth International Centre - Bournemouth Status Quo & very special guest Shakin Stevens Dec 01 2022 18:30Find ticketsBournemouth International Centre - Bournemouth Status Quo & very special guest Shakin Stevens Dec 01 2022 18:30
- 03/12/2022Saturday 18:30SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonStatus Quo & very special guest Shakin StevensFind ticketsSSE Arena, Wembley - London Status Quo & very special guest Shakin Stevens Dec 03 2022 18:30Find ticketsSSE Arena, Wembley - London Status Quo & very special guest Shakin Stevens Dec 03 2022 18:30
International Events1 Events
- 28/02/2022Find tickets3Olympia Theatre - Dublin, D2, Ireland Status Quo Feb 28 2022 19:00Monday 19:003Olympia Theatre - Dublin, D2, IrelandStatus QuoLow Availability
Long-running, good time British rockers hit the road again in 2022
Status Quo have announced a 2022 UK tour entitled Out Out Quoing, kicking off with a long run of dates in March and returning for a second run in November and December. See full tour dates below.
Status Quo were born from the ashes of another group, London beat combo The Spectres, which featured Francis Rossi on guitar and Alan Lancaster on bass. Roy Lynes and John Coughlan joined on keys and drums respectively but after a series of false starts and failed singles, the band changed its name to Traffic Jam. After Rick Parfitt joined on guitar, the band was finally renamed Status Quo and shifted stylistically to a more psychedelic sound.
The quintet struck gold with their first single as Status Quo. 'Pictures Of Matchstick Men' was a top ten hit in the UK and went to No.12 in the US, but despite another UK top ten hit with 'Ice In The Sun', the band couldn’t replicate their first time out success and went back to the drawing board once again.
By the dawn of the ’70s, Quo had parted ways with Lynes and revamped themselves with a straight-up hard rock sound, first unveiled on Ma Kelly’s Greasy Spoon. A dedicated touring regimen boosted their fortunes and bit-by-bit Quo started to convince people that their heavier, blues rock sound was a put-on. Dog Of Two Head was a step in the right direction, but it was 1973’s Piledriver that sealed the deal and ushered forth future crowdpleasers 'Don’t Waste My Time' and 'Paper Plane'.
The band stuck to the formula for Hello!, which featured their biggest single to date in the form of 'Caroline' and cemented their place at the forefront of the new wave of British denim-clad rockers. Quo (1974) and On The Level (1975) maintained the momentum, but after Blue For You in 1976, the band needed something to change things up. That came in the surprisingly poppy and cleaned up sound of Rocking All Over The World, the 1977 album that took its name from the band’s cover of a lesser-known John Fogerty song. The single was a huge hit and went on to become Quo’s calling card.
Quo closed out the ’70s with a series of cleaned-up but nonetheless hard rocking records, scoring another major hit single along the way with 'Whatever You Want'. Coughlan and Lancaster's departures in 1981 and 1987 left Rossi and Parfitt as the band’s main songwriters.
The duo assembled a new line-up, featuring long-time unofficial keyboardist Andy Bown, drummer Jeff Rich and bassist John Edwards. The new roster continued the fine run of form inherited from the previous incarnation with hit singles including 'In The Army Now' and 'Burning Bridges', which reached No.1 when rerecorded with the Manchester United squad as 'Come On You Reds'.
In 1997, Rick Parfitt underwent heart surgery that kept him out of action for three months. Three years later, Rich left the band, replaced by Matt Letley. Status Quo continued to tour and record throughout the ’00s, scoring hits with Heavy Traffic, the covers album Don’t Stop, The Party Ain’t Over Yet and In Search Of The Fourth Chord. Quid Pro Quo landed them another UK top ten album in 2010 and the band starred in their own feature film Bula Quo in 2013.
The band recorded acoustic versions of their hits for the 2015 album Aquostic and its 2016 sequel Aquostic II. These were followed by a huge Hyde Park acoustic show in summer 2016. Later that year, Rick Parfitt took ill while on tour in Turkey and sadly died that Christmas.
The indominable Status Quo regrouped again and brought in Richie Malone to replace Parfitt. They released their 33rd album Backbone in 2019.
Status Quo 2022 UK tour dates
2 Mar 2022 – Bonus Arena, Hull
3 Mar 2022 – Globe, Stockton
5 Mar 2022 – Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool
6 Mar 2022 – Symphony Hall, Birmingham
8 Mar 2022 – Cliffs Pavillion, Southend
9 Mar 2022 – Regent Theatre, Ipswich
11 Mar 2022 – De Montfort Hall, Leicester
12 Mar 2022 – G Live, Guildford
14 Mar 2022 – Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
15 Mar 2022 – St David’s Hall, Cardiff
17 Mar 2022 – New Theatre, Oxford
18 Mar 2022 – The Forum, Bath
25 Nov 2022 – P&J Live, Aberdeen
26 Nov 2022 – SEC Armadillo, Glasgow
28 Nov 2022 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
30 Nov 2022 – Brighton Centre, Brighton
1 Dec 2022 – BIC, Bournemouth
3 Dec 2022 – SSE Arena, Wembley, London