Castlefield Bowl, Manchester
Sounds of the City
10 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom10 Events
- Jul 11Jul11Find ticketsSun 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - DMA'sLimited Availability
- Sep 21Sep21Find ticketsTue 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of the City - Dermot Kennedy
- Sep 22Sep22Wed 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - Kaiser Chiefs / RazorlightFind ticketsCastlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - Kaiser Chiefs / RazorlightSep 22 17:00Find tickets
- Sep 23Sep23Thu 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - Paul Heaton and Jacqui AbbottLow AvailabilityFind ticketsCastlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - Paul Heaton and Jacqui AbbottSep 23 17:00Find tickets
- Sep 24Sep24Find ticketsFri 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - The StreetsLimited Availability
- Sep 25Sep25Find ticketsSat 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of the City - Hacienda ClassicalLow Availability
- Sep 26Sep26Find ticketsSun 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of the City - Snow Patrol
- Jun 29 2022Jun292022Find ticketsWed 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - FoalsLimited Availability
- Jun 30 2022Jun302022Find ticketsThu 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - Crowded HouseLow Availability
- Jul 06 2022Jul062022Find ticketsWed 17:00Castlefield Bowl - ManchesterSounds of The City - Lewis CapaldiLimited Availability
Castlefield Bowl's stellar series of concerts
Launched in 2016, Sounds Of The City has established itself as a staple part of the Manchester music scene with some of the most acclaimed live artists gracing the stage in the heart of the city centre.
Over the years, Castlefield Bowl has hosted sold-out shows from the likes of The National, New Order, Arcade Fire, The Kooks, Elbow, The Wombats, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Last Shadow Puppets, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Paolo Nutini, James, Pixies and Courteeners.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Sounds Of The City was cancelled in 2020. Organisers have announced it will return from 11 July – 26 September 2021 for its fifth amazing edition.
The series of headline concerts planned for 2021 features DMA’S, Dermot Kennedy, Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, The Streets and Haçienda Classiçal and Snow Patrol, with Foals, Crowded House and Lewis Capaldi scheduled to return for the 2022 edition.
Sounds Of The City's 2021 line-up
- 11 July 2021: DMA’s – Since bursting on the scene back in 2015, the Sydney-based band have not stopped delivering thrilling and anthemic shows all over the world. Their 2018 record, For Now, achieved their highest UK chart position at No.13. DMA's released the single Silver in October 2019, followed by their third album The Glow in July 2020.
- 21 September 2021: Dermot Kennedy – Over the last few years, the Irish singer-songwriter has gone from busking on the streets of Dublin to selling-out shows in UK and US. His debut album Without Fear came out in 2019 and reached No.1 in both the UK and Ireland. The rapidly rising star also released the chart-topping single Paradise in October 2020.
- 22 September 2021: Kaiser Chiefs + Razorlight – More than 15 years into their career, the band are hitting new artistic peaks. Having released their seventh studio album Duck in 2019 to wide critical acclaim, it captures the sound of one of the most successful British guitar bands of the millennium. Kaiser Chiefs will be joined by special guests and indie-rock elite Razorlight during their Castlefield Bowl appearance.
- 23 September 2021: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott – Paul Heaton is one of the UK’s most successful songwriters, with some 15 million album sales under his belt. Along with Jacqui Abbott they have released four acclaimed albums as a duo: What Have We Become And Wisdom, Laughter And Lines, Crooked Calypso and 2020's Manchester Calling.
- 24 September 2021: The Streets – Mike Skinner, aka The Streets, is a native of Birmingham. A rapper, producer, DJ, singer, writer and actor, he's made some of the most important British music of this millennium. His debut album Original Pirate Material, released in 2002 is widely regarded to have changed the face of British rap music. In 2020 he released the mixtape None of Us Are Getting Out of This Life Alive.
- 25 September 2021: Haçienda Classiçal – The clubbing classical cross-over concept with Manchester Camerata is returning to Sounds Of The City for its fifth event at Castlefield Bowl in what has become an annual, wildly successful signature event.
- 26 September 2021: Snow Patrol with The Lathums + Lucy Blue – Over a two-decade career, the Dundee-formed band have carved out a unique place for themselves with their melancholy anthems of heartbreak. Snow Patrol have racked up five UK platinum albums, along with Grammy, BRIT and Mercury Music Prize nominations. Their latest release is The Fireside Sessions EP recorded during lockdown with the band's fans through a series of streams on Instagram Live.
Sounds Of The City's 2022 line-up
- 29 June 2022: Foals – The Oxford indie rockers released their first ever No.1 album, the critically acclaimed Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost – Part 2, in 2019. Their most ambitious project of their career, it followed Foals' equally lauded Part 1 release, which garnered their third Mercury Music Prize nomination.
- 30 June 2022: Crowded House – The New Zealand pop-rock band are the long standing and much-loved vehicle for the songwriting talents of Neil Finn. Formed in Melbourne Australia in 1985, their eponymous self-titled debut album went on to global success with the hits Don’t Dream It’s Over and Something So Strong. Crowded House will be kicking off the next chapter of their story with a new line-up for their first headline date in the city in 12 years.
- 6 July 2022: Lewis Capaldi – Continuing to break records and capture attention, 2019 cemented him as an international superstar. With his debut album Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent spending six weeks at No.1, it was certified platinum in just 10 weeks. The album also spawned the smash hit single of the year in Someone You Loved, which spent seven weeks on top of the UK singles chart and became Lewis’ first ever US No.1.
The following bus lines pass have routes that stop near Castlefield Bowl: 101, 197, 255, 256, 41, 50 and X50.
The Manchester Metrolink light rail stops at both the Deansgate-Castlefield and Cornbrook stations, which are a 10-minute and 19-minute walk, respectively, from Castlefield Bowl. The Northern train also serves Deansgate station.
Public transport is recommended for getting to Castlefield Bowl, which is located in the heart of Manchester city centre. If you drive use the postal code M3 4JN for navigation.
Support announced for Snow Patrol's SOTC show
The band will be joined by special guests The Lathums and Lucy Blue at Sounds Of The City on 26 September 2021. Tickets go on sale at 09:30 Friday 16 April 2021.
Dermot Kennedy to perform headline show at SOTC
Organisers of Sounds Of The City have announced the Dublin singer-songwriter will appear at Manchester's Castlefield Bowl on Tuesday 21 September 2021. Tickets go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 16 April 2021.
Snow Patrol to play Sounds Of The City 2021
The indie pop-rockers with five UK platinum albums to their credit have been added to the line-up at Manchester's Castlefield Bowl on Sunday 26 September 2021. Tickets go on sale from 09:30 on Friday 16 April 2021.
Sounds Of The City 2021 is set to run from 11 July – 26 September 2021. Some acts have also already been announced for Sounds Of The City 2022, so far scheduled from 29 June – 6 July 2022.
Sounds Of The City takes place in Castlefield Bowl, in the heart of Manchester City Centre.
The festival is also set to expand in 2021 with Sounds Of The City – Leeds, a series of outdoor gigs in Millennium Square.
Sounds Of The City 2021 will feature DMA’S, Dermot Kennedy, Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, The Streets, Haçienda Classiçal and Snow Patrol with The Lathums and Lucy Blue.
Already announced for Sounds Of City 2022 are Foals, Crowded House and Lewis Capaldi.
Tickets for Sounds Of The City's newly announced Dermot Kennedy and Snow Patrol concerts go on sale from 09:00 and 09:30 on Friday 16 April 2021, respectively. Tickets for all of Sounds Of The City's previously announced artists and rescheduled concert dates are on sale now. Original tickets are still valid.