39 Upcoming Events
- 12/11/2021Find ticketsGabrielle - 20th Anniversary of 'rise' Plus Greatest Hits Nov 12 19:00Friday 19:00Gabrielle - 20th Anniversary of 'rise' Plus Greatest HitsLimited Availability
- 19/11/2021Find ticketsThe Quireboys - A Bit Of What You Fancy 30th Anniversary Tour Nov 19 20:00Friday 20:00The Quireboys - A Bit Of What You Fancy 30th Anniversary TourLimited Availability
- 16/12/2021Find ticketsRick Wakeman - The Even Grumpier Old Christmas Show Dec 16 19:30Thursday 19:30Rick Wakeman - The Even Grumpier Old Christmas Show
- 12/02/2022Find ticketsEcho and the Bunnymen Feb 12 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00Echo and the Bunnymen
- 12/03/2022Find ticketsTommy Emmanuel Plus Special Guest Jerry Douglas Mar 12 2022 19:30Saturday 19:30Tommy Emmanuel Plus Special Guest Jerry Douglas
- 18/03/2022Find ticketsAn Evening with Randy Newman Mar 18 2022 19:30Friday 19:30An Evening with Randy Newman
- 21/04/2022Find ticketsPauline Murray and the Invisible Girls - 40th Anniversary Tour Apr 21 2022 19:30Thursday 19:30Pauline Murray and the Invisible Girls - 40th Anniversary Tour
Loaded 20 out of 39 events
The venue is located on Gateshead Quays between the Tyne and Gateshead Millennium Bridges. The venue's distinctive shape makes it impossible to miss.
Cars There is a drop off and pick up point at the west door of The Sage Gateshead. The venue has its own car park with lift access situated directly behind the building to the south. Spaces are offered on a first come first served basis. Charges are per hour on a pay on exit basis: the first thirty minutes are free of charge, then it’s 70p per hour for the first four hours and £1.00 for each additional hour. Further car parking is available within two to ten minutes walking distance from the venue. Please ask the Box Office for further details. Blue Badge Holders There are a number of priority spaces for blue badge holders near the entrances to The Sage Gateshead and by the lifts in the car park. Coaches Coach parking is available at The Sage Gateshead’s coach park, into which there is level access from the road for coaches and from which there is level access to the building for passengers. Bicycles Cycle racks are available adjacent to the building.
Nexus: Thanks to the generosity of Nexus, you can travel to and from Gateshead Metro Interchange absolutely free if you are attending a performance at The Sage Gateshead: simply retain you ticket for inspection on the Metro. Buses: The Number 60 bus runs every ten minutes from Gateshead Transport Interchange to The Sage Gateshead and takes fifteen minutes: it costs 60p one way, 95p return and 25p for senior citizens one way. The service from The Sage Gateshead to the Gateshead Interchange takes seven minutes. The service starts at 09:30 every morning and the last bus leaves The Sage Gateshead at approximately 23:20, seven days a week. The circular route runs via Baltic to and from The Sage Gateshead. This interim service is running from opening until the full implementation of the new Quays Transit System which will begin in spring 2005 and provide direct links to the Quayside from hubs in Gateshead and Newcastle. Concert buses: For Hall One evening classical concerts, the venue provides a private service on two routes: Hexham and Corbridge, and Alnwick and Morpeth via Felton. Tickets cost £4.50 return and should be booked in advance through the Box Office. There is a taxi rank and a drop off / pick up area at the west entrance of The Sage Gateshead.
Box Office Hours
10:00 - 20:00 Monday to Saturday 10:00 - 18:00 Sunday
Box Office Collection Accepted
Tickets left for collection can be picked up from the box office at the venue in the hour and a half prior to the performance start. Please take the card used to make the booking and your Ticketmaster reference number.
The venue is accesible for disabled patrons, with ten wheelchair spaces, a lift to every floor and an infa red system for the hard of hearing. To book disabled access tickets, please call the venue on 0191 443 4661. There are a number of priority spaces for blue badge holders near the entrances to The Sage Gateshead and by the lifts in the car park.
No cameras, video cameras or audio recording devices. No food. No bottles or cans. No alcohol or illegal substances. No mobile phones. Smoking is not allowed in the venue.
No babes in arms. Only children aged two and over are admitted.
Licensed bar, in house restaurant and snack food available. The venue is air conditioned Capacity: Approx 1600, all seating. Hall Two: Hall Two is a flexible ten sided space. The Stage is always situated on Level 1 Stalls but the exact position of the stage in relation to your seat can vary from concert to concert. Unreserved Seating The majority of Hall Two events have unreserved seating. Tickets can be bought for levels 1, 2 or 3 but the tickets do not have seat numbers and you can sit anywhere within that level. Seating is in areas 1A, 2B and 3C. Standing is in areas 1D, 2E area 3E.