9 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom9 Events
- Mar 25 2022Mar252022Find ticketsFri 18:30Bournemouth International Centre - BournemouthRoyal Blood
- Mar 26 2022Mar262022Find ticketsSat 18:00Utilita Arena Birmingham - BirminghamRoyal Blood
- Mar 27 2022Mar272022Find ticketsSun 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffRoyal Blood
- Mar 29 2022Mar292022Find ticketsTue 18:30Motorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamRoyal Blood
- Mar 30 2022Mar302022Find ticketsWed 18:30The O2 - LondonRoyal Blood
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 18:30First Direct Arena - LeedsRoyal Blood
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 18:30First Direct Arena - LeedsRoyal Blood - VIP Lounge Upgrade
- Apr 02 2022Apr022022Find ticketsSat 19:30AO Arena - ManchesterRoyal Blood
- Apr 03 2022Apr032022Find ticketsSun 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowRoyal Blood
The Brighton blues-influenced hard rock duo
Raised in West Sussex, drummer Ben Thatcher met guitarist Mike Kerr as teenagers in 2005, and both became part of the punk rock band Flavour Country for a time.
In 2013, they reconnected in Brighton and formed the two-piece Royal Blood, whose rise in the industry has been as fast and furious as their music. Initially the pair cut their chops playing open-mic nights and were soon signed to Warner Records. Before the year’s end, they’d released a run of singles – Out Of The Black, Come On Over and Little Monster – and were nominated for BBC’s Sound Of… 2014 poll.
The following summer Royal Blood supported Arctic Monkeys during a couple of Finsbury Park shows plus played several festivals including T In The Park, Glastonbury, Reading & Leeds and Download. These performances preceded their much anticipated debut eponymous album. When Royal Blood was finally unveiled in late August 2014 it, landed at No.1 on the UK albums chart, having spawned the aforementioned singles along with Figure It Out and Ten Tonne Skeleton. Nominated for the 2014 Mercury Prize, it also saw the duo named Best British Group at the 2015 BRIT Awards.
In summer 2017, Royal Blood released their relentlessly heavy yet slightly softer sophomore album How Did We Get So Dark? The 10-track collection, which also topped the UK albums chart upon arrival, told the tale of a relationship gone bad. Along with the title single, top songs included Hook, Line & Sinker, Lights Out and I Only Lie When I Love You.
By this time, Royal Blood had built a reputation for delivering high-energy, raucous live shows. To support the album the pair took their all-out gritty rock’n’roll on a sell-out UK arena tour that included three shows at London’s Alexandra Palace. In 2018, they also toured How Did We Get So Dark? across North America.
During 2019, Royal Blood recorded two new songs – Boilermaker and King. In autumn 2020, Thatcher and Kerr released Trouble’s Coming as the lead single from their next album. In early 2021, they revealed a second single, Typhoons, plus confirmed that would be the name of their third album, arriving on 30 April 2021. In addition, Royal Blood announced a UK arena tour for March and April 2022 that includes their biggest headline show to date at The O2 in London.
Royal Blood's 2022 UK arena tour
- 25 March 2022 – Bournemouth International Centre
- 26 March 2022 – Utilita Arena, Birmingham
- 27 March 2022 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 29 March 2022 – Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- 30 March 2022 – The O2, London
- 1 April 2022 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 2 April 2022 – AO Arena, Manchester
- 3 April 2022 – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Royal Blood announce 2022 UK arena tour
In support of the duo's third album Typhoons, the new tour includes their biggest headline show to date at London’s The O2 and represents their first full UK tour since 2017. Tickets go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 7 May 2021.
Royal Blood are touring the UK from 25 March – 3 April 2022 in support of their new album Typhoons.
Royal Blood will be visiting arenas in the following UK cities in 2022:
Tickets for Royal Blood's 2022 UK tour dates go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 7 May 2021.
Royal Blood is a two-piece heavy rock band comprised of Mike Kerr on vocals and bass and Ben Thatcher on drums.
With both members hailing from West Sussex, the band Royal Blood was formed in Brighton in 2013.