14 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom14 Events
- Oct 02Oct02Sat 18:00O2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneRoger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021Find ticketsO2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon Tyne Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Oct 02 18:00Find ticketsO2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon Tyne Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Oct 02 18:00
- Oct 03Oct03Find ticketsManchester Academy - Manchester Roger Taylor Oct 03 19:00 On partner siteSun 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterRoger TaylorOn partner site
- Oct 05Oct05Find ticketsYork Barbican - York Roger Taylor Oct 05 19:00Tue 19:00York Barbican - YorkRoger TaylorLow Availability
- Oct 06Oct06Find ticketsSt David's Hall - Cardiff Roger Taylor Oct 06 19:00Wed 19:00St David's Hall - CardiffRoger Taylor
- Oct 08Oct08Find ticketsO2 Academy Liverpool - Liverpool Roger Taylor (Queen) - Outsider Tour 2021 Oct 08 19:00Fri 19:00O2 Academy Liverpool - LiverpoolRoger Taylor (Queen) - Outsider Tour 2021Limited Availability
- Oct 09Oct09Find ticketsNorwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - Norwich Roger Taylor Oct 09 18:30 On partner siteSat 18:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichRoger TaylorOn partner site
- Oct 11Oct11Mon 18:30Bath Forum - BathRoger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In ConcertLow AvailabilityFind ticketsBath Forum - Bath Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 11 18:30Find ticketsBath Forum - Bath Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 11 18:30
- Oct 12Oct12Find ticketsO2 Academy Bournemouth - Bournemouth Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Oct 12 19:00Tue 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthRoger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021
- Oct 14Oct14Find ticketsPlymouth Pavilions - Plymouth Roger Taylor Oct 14 19:30Thu 19:30Plymouth Pavilions - PlymouthRoger TaylorLow Availability
- Oct 15Oct15Fri 18:30Rock City - NottinghamRoger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In ConcertFind ticketsRock City - Nottingham Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 15 18:30Find ticketsRock City - Nottingham Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 15 18:30
- Oct 17Oct17Sun 19:00De La Warr Pavilion - Bexhill on SeaRoger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In ConcertLow AvailabilityFind ticketsDe La Warr Pavilion - Bexhill on Sea Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 17 19:00Find ticketsDe La Warr Pavilion - Bexhill on Sea Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 17 19:00
- Oct 19Oct19Tue 19:00G Live Guildford - GuildfordRoger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In ConcertLimited AvailabilityFind ticketsG Live Guildford - Guildford Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 19 19:00Find ticketsG Live Guildford - Guildford Roger Taylor - Outsider Tour 2021 Live and Upfront In Concert Oct 19 19:00
- Oct 20Oct20Find ticketshmv Empire - Coventry Roger Taylor Oct 20 18:30 On partner siteWed 18:30hmv Empire - CoventryRoger TaylorOn partner site
- Oct 22Oct22Fri 19:00O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - LondonRoger Taylor (Queen) - Outsider Tour 2021Find ticketsO2 Shepherds Bush Empire - London Roger Taylor (Queen) - Outsider Tour 2021 Oct 22 19:00Find ticketsO2 Shepherds Bush Empire - London Roger Taylor (Queen) - Outsider Tour 2021 Oct 22 19:00
Prolific multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter from Queen and solo projects
Born in Norfolk, Roger Taylor fell in love with music when he was just seven years old. In the late ’50s, after his family moved to Cornwall, he took up the ukulele. In the early ’60s, he was a member of the Truro Cathedral Choir and also taught himself to play guitar and drums.
As a teenager, Taylor joined a group called Johnny Quale & The Reactions. When the frontman departed, they became The Reaction with Taylor taking over on lead vocals while playing drums. However, he quit the band when he moved to London for school, enrolling in dentistry courses and later studying plant and animal biology.
In 1968, Taylor auditioned and was selected to be the drummer for a trio called Smile that included guitar virtuoso Brian May. When their lead singer left in 1970, Freddie Mercury came on board, followed soon after by bassist John Deacon – and the celebrated band Queen was born.
Although best known for his role in Queen, Taylor has always been active with solo work and other music projects.
In 1977, he released his debut single, a reworking of the song I Wanna Testify that was originally written by George Clinton and recorded by The Parliaments. Taylor’s debut solo album Fun In Space arrived in 1981 and reached No.18 on the UK albums chart.
His sophomore solo album Strange Frontier came out in 1984, featuring guest appearances by Mercury and Status Quo’s Rick Parfitt.
In 1987, Taylor recruited four musicians and formed a band called The Cross, for which he played guitar. They released three albums between 1987 and 1991 as well as toured in the UK and Germany.
Taylor returned to his solo work after Mercury’s tragic death in 1991. He revealed Happiness? three years later. Although its controversial first single Nazis 1994, attacking neo-Nazism, was banned by some radio stations, the publicity helped both it and the album land at No.22 on the UK singles and albums charts.
In 1998, Taylor added some elements of electronica to his sound and unveiled his fourth solo album Electric Fire. It spawned two top 50-charting singles: Pressure On and Surrender.
The first decade of the new millennium saw Taylor involved with various events promoting Queen – including their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and appearances on the US television reality show American Idol, on which Adam Lambert was a finalist. Since 2011, they would collaborate as Queen + Adam Lambert for numerous performances and worldwide tours.
In 2013, Taylor released the politically charged album Fun On Earth as well as the comprehensive box set The Lot. His first two solo albums were re-issued in 2015, plus Taylor composed the soundtrack for the film Solitary including the song When We Were Young.
Deeply affected by the death of David Bowie in 2016 as well as contemplating his own mortality, Taylor released the haunting single Journey’s End in 2017 along with a cinematic video filmed in Cornwall. Spanning six minutes and 50 seconds, the highly personal song was an instrumental he performed entirely by himself.
In June 2021, Taylor confirmed his sixth solo album Outsider would arrive on 1 October 2021. With much of it recorded during lockdown, the reflective tracks, which convey a sense of seclusion and the passing of time, are dedicated “to all the outsiders, those who feel left on the sidelines”.
In addition, Taylor announced he would play 14 intimate shows on a UK solo tour later that month to introduce the new material and revisit some of his best loved Queen compositions.
Roger Taylor’s Outsider 2021 UK tour dates:
- 2 October 2021 – O2 Academy Newcastle
- 3 October 2021 – Academy Manchester
- 5 October 2021 – Barbican, York
- 6 October 2021 – St. David’s Hall Cardiff
- 8 October 2021 – O2 Academy Liverpool
- 9 October 2021 – University East Anglia (UEA), Norwich
- 11 October 2021 – Bath Forum
- 12 October 2021 – O2 Academy Bournemouth
- 14 October 2021 – Plymouth Pavilions
- 15 October 2021 – Rock City, Nottingham
- 17 October 2021 – De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill
- 19 October 2021 – G Live, Guildford
- 20 October 2021 – HMV Empire, Coventry
- 22 October 2021 – O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, London
Roger Taylor announces new album + 2021 UK solo tour
The Queen luminary is playing 14 intimate shows across the country in support of his forthcoming album Outsider. The tour will open at O2 Academy Newcastle on 2 October and conclude at London’s O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on 22 October 2021.
Roger Taylor will be playing 14 shows around the UK from 2 – 22 October 2021 as part of his Outsider Tour in support of his sixth solo album by the same name.
Roger Taylor will be visiting the following UK cities on his 2021 Outsider Tour:
Tickets for Roger Taylor's 2021 tour dates go on general sale from 10:00 on Friday 11 June 2021.
The Outsider Tour will showcase Roger Taylor's distinctive percussive, vocal and songwriting talents that have been integral to Queen's live and recorded output since 1970.
Marking his first live concerts outside Queen in over two decades, this solo outing will give him the chance to take an enthusiastic foray into Queen and his own classic catalogues, while also playing songs written in lockdown that are on his new Outsider album.