6 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom6 Events
- Oct 06Oct06Wed 19:30Scarborough Spa Grand Hall - ScarboroughRob Brydon: a Night of Songs & LaughterFind ticketsScarborough Spa Grand Hall - ScarboroughRob Brydon: a Night of Songs & LaughterOct 06 19:30Find tickets
- Oct 07Oct07Thu 19:30O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneRob Brydon: a Night of Songs & LaughterFind ticketsO2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneRob Brydon: a Night of Songs & LaughterOct 07 19:30Find tickets
- Nov 23Nov23Tue 19:30O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonRob Brydon - A Night of Songs and LaughterFind ticketsO2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonRob Brydon - A Night of Songs and LaughterNov 23 19:30Find tickets
- Feb 02 2022Feb022022Wed 18:30Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthRob Brydon - A Night of Songs and LaughterFind ticketsPortsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthRob Brydon - A Night of Songs and LaughterFeb 02 202218:30Find tickets
- Feb 05 2022Feb052022Sat 19:30Sheffield City Hall Oval Hall - SheffieldRob Brydon: a Night of Songs & LaughterFind ticketsSheffield City Hall Oval Hall - SheffieldRob Brydon: a Night of Songs & LaughterFeb 05 202219:30Find tickets
- Feb 06 2022Feb062022Find ticketsSun 19:30York Barbican - YorkRob Brydon
Award-winning Welsh actor, comedian, presenter and entertainer
Born in 1965 in Glamorgan in Wales, Rob Brydon has gone on to become a beloved actor, comedian, presenter and all-round entertainer.
Starting out as a presenter on BBC Radio Wales and the Home Shopping Network, Brydon appeared in small roles in '90s films including Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels and Martha – Meet Frank, Daniel And Lawrence before getting his big break on TV in the early '00s in Human Remains and the bleakly deadpan Marion And Geoff.
In 2005, Brydon appeared as a fictionalised version of himself alongside Steve Coogan in the comedy film A Cock And Bull Story, a role that would prove fruitful in years to come. The following year, he made his first appearance on the BBC Radio 4 panel show I’m Sorry, I Haven’t A Clue, a show he would go on to occasionally host.
However, Brydon’s biggest step towards becoming a household name came the following year with the role of repressed bachelor Bryn in the BBC sitcom Gavin & Stacey. It was as Bryn that Brydon topped the UK singles charts in 2009 with (Barry) Islands In The Stream, alongside Ruth Jones and Tom Jones.
In 2009, Rob Brydon toured, performing stand-up for the first time under his own name. In 2011, he teamed up again with Steve Coogan for The Trip, where they once again played fictionalised versions of themselves, this time visiting restaurants around the Lake District and doing impressions of Michael Caine. The duo revisited the concept three more times for The Trip To Italy in 2014, The Trip To Spain in 2017 and The Trip To Greece in 2020.
Brydon has also become an in-demand voiceover artist, lending his dulcet Welsh tones to animated films such as The Gruffalo and Early Man and TV advertisements.
In 2020, Rob Brydon announced a run of live shows, beginning in March 2021. The tour, titled Rob Brydon – A Night Of Songs & Laughter, would see the entertainer add musical performances to his acclaimed mix of stand-up and impressions. A further run of Rob Brydon tour dates was also announced for later in 2021.