3 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom3 Events
- 02/12/2021Find ticketsSSE Arena, Wembley - London Ricky Gervais Dec 02 19:30Thursday 19:30SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonRicky GervaisLow Availability
- 05/12/2021Find ticketsThe Brighton Centre - Brighton Ricky Gervais Dec 05 19:30Sunday 19:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonRicky GervaisLow Availability
- 06/12/2021Find ticketsThe Brighton Centre - Brighton Ricky Gervais Dec 06 19:30Monday 19:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonRicky GervaisLimited Availability
Multi award-winning actor and comedian
Considered one of the most influential British comedians since Charlie Chaplin, Ricky Gervais is the creator and star of Extras, Derek, Life’s Too Short and An Idiot Abroad. His hit series The Office is the most successful British comedy of all time, shown in more than 90 countries with seven remakes.
The multi-talented funnyman was born and raised in Reading. His father came from Quebec, Canada to serve on foreign duty during the Second World War and met his mum during a blackout. The youngest of four siblings, Gervais grew up on a council estate and discovered an early love for science.
He moved to the capital in 1979 to study biology at University College London because he was also passionate about animals, but within a few weeks switched to philosophy. During his time there Gervais not only co-founded the new wave student band Seona Dancing and got his first taste of performing live on stage, but he also met his long-term partner Jane Fallon, who is now a bestselling author.
After graduating and not striking it big with his band in the music industry, Gervais landed jobs in radio – first as an assistant events manager for ULU and later as the head of speech at alternative station Xfm. In need of an assistant, he interviewed and hired Stephen Merchant.
The pair shared the same sense of irony-laden humour, so they would often create comedy routines and sketches, resulting in the first of many projects together – mockumentary sitcom The Office, which aired on BBC Two between 2001 and 2003. Gervais, who also starred as the delusional and inadequate boss David Brent, returned to the character in 2013 with a series of videos called Learn Guitar With David Brent and again in 2016 with the film David Brent: Life On The Road.
In 2019 Gervais created, directed and starred in the dramedy After Life for Netflix. The show about a local newspaper journalist who’s struggling with life after the death of his wife was widely acclaimed and returned for a second series in 2020.
Among his accolades, Gervais has won five British Comedy Awards, a Golden Globe, two Emmys and seven BAFTAs, including the Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award For Excellence In Comedy in 2016. He’s also appeared as the emcee and host on five Golden Globe awards presentations – often skewering the Hollywood celebrities.
Known for his sharp tongue and distinct edginess, Gervais has toured the world numerous times with his live stand-up shows. His 2003 debut solo tour Animals was widely acclaimed, with Politics following a year later. In 2007, his third instalment in the trilogy, Fame, became the fastest selling UK stand-up show in history. Gervais hit the road with Out Of England in 2008 and again with Science in 2009. His 2017 Humanity tour was so popular it was recorded and released on Netflix in 2018.
In early 2020, Gervais announced his sixth major stand-up comedy tour, SuperNature. In addition to regularly adding warm-up shows, he confirmed numerous SuperNature tour dates for autumn and late 2021.
Ricky Gervais' 2021 UK tour dates
- 30 September 2021 – London Palladium
- 1 October 2021 – London Palladium
- 2 October 2021 – London Palladium
- 6 October 2021 – Utilita Arena Birmingham
- 7 October 2021 – Utilita Arena Birmingham
- 11 October 2021 – London Palladium (new show added)
- 22 October 2021 – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool (new show added)
- 28 October 2021 – Motorpoint Arena Nottingham (new show added)
- 11 November 2021 – London Palladium
- 12 November 2021 – London Palladium
- 13 November 2021 – London Palladium
- 19 November 2021 – The SSE Arena, Wembley, London
- 5 December 2021 – Brighton Centre
- 6 December 2021 – Brighton Centre
Ricky Gervais has announced SuperNature tour dates throughout autumn and winter 2021.
Ricky Gervais' SuperNature tour will stop at the following UK cities in 2021:
Tickets for Ricky Gervais' newly added SuperNature tour dates in London, Liverpool and Nottingham go on sale from 10:00 on Friday 1 October 2021. All of his previously announced tour dates are on sale now.