31 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom29 Events
- Mar 06 2021Mar062021Find ticketsSat 18:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichPaul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 07 2021Mar072021Find ticketsSun 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaPaul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 09 2021Mar092021Find ticketsTue 19:00Venue Cymru Theatre - LlandudnoPaul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 11 2021Mar112021Find ticketsThu 19:00Middlesbrough Town Hall - MiddlesbroughPaul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 12 2021Mar122021Find ticketsFri 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Mar 13 2021Mar132021Find ticketsSat 19:00Aberdeen Music Hall - AberdeenPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Mar 15 2021Mar152021Find ticketsMon 19:00Victoria Hall - Stoke Paul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 16 2021Mar162021Find ticketsTue 19:00Liverpool Olympia - LiverpoolPaul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 19 2021Mar192021Find ticketsFri 19:30Margate Winter Gardens - MargatePaul WellerOn partner site
- Mar 20 2021Mar202021Find ticketsSat 18:30O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonPaul WellerLow Availability
- Mar 25 2021Mar252021Find ticketsThu 19:00Ulster Hall Belfast - BelfastPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Jun 25 2021Jun252021Find ticketsFri 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Jun 25 2021Jun252021Find ticketsFri 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthPaul WellerOn partner site
- Jun 26 2021Jun262021Find ticketsSat 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonPaul WellerLow Availability
- Jun 28 2021Jun282021Find ticketsMon 19:00Bonus Arena, Hull - HullPaul WellerLow Availability
- Jun 29 2021Jun292021Find ticketsTue 19:00York Barbican - YorkPaul WellerLow Availability
- Jul 05 2021Jul052021Find ticketsMon 19:00Usher Hall - EdinburghPaul WellerLow Availability
- Jul 06 2021Jul062021Find ticketsTue 19:00Dundee Caird Hall - DundeePaul Weller
- Jul 08 2021Jul082021Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Apollo Manchester - ManchesterPaul Weller
- Jul 09 2021Jul092021Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TynePaul Weller
The Modfather returns
Few people have had as great an influence on the British music scene as Paul Weller. As frontman of The Jam, Weller spearheaded the Mod revival in the late '70s and early '80s, scoring a string of hits, including Going Underground and A Town Called Malice. After The Jam split in the early '80s, Weller immediately formed the neo-soul and American R&B-influenced Style Council with The Merton Parka’s Mick Talbot. Following their disbandment in 1990, Weller embarked on a solo career, with Talbot remaining as a regular contributor.
As Britpop began to dominate in the early and mid '90s, Weller’s influence became apparent, particularly on the likes of Oasis, Blur and Ocean Colour Scene. Following a successful solo bow with his self-titled debut in 1992, Weller teamed up with OCS guitarist Steve Craddock for his second solo album Wild Wood, an album that saw both Weller and Ocean Colour Scene move up the charts.
Buoyed by the success of the top ten hit The Changingman, Weller’s third solo album Stanley Road went straight to No.1 in 1995. With major players like Noel Gallagher acknowledging his influence, Weller became known as the godfather of Britpop or the “Modfather”.
Despite claiming that 2001’s well-received Heliocentric would be his final studio album, Weller continued to be productive throughout the '00s, releasing two live albums, a collection of covers and three further studio albums.
Weller started off a new decade as relevant as ever, earning a Mercury Prize nomination for 2010’s Wake Up The Nation. His follow-up Sonik Kicks debuted at No.1 while its successor Saturn’s Pattern went close, landing at No.2 on the UK album charts. In 2017, Weller released his first film score, for the boxing film Jawbone.
Weller’s 2018 album True Meanings found the songwriter backed by an orchestra, and he went on to promote the record with a series of gigs at the Royal Festival Hall, accompanied by a full orchestra. These shows were recorded and released as Other Aspects in 2018.
In 2020, following the release of On Sunset, Paul Weller announced Mid-Sommer Musik, a 60-minute live stream show set to be broadcast on 12 November 2020.