36 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom36 Events
- Mar 16 2021Mar162021Find ticketsTue 20:00Apex - Bury St EdmundsOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Apr 08 2021Apr082021Find ticketsThu 20:00Octagon Theatre - YeovilOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Apr 30 2021Apr302021Find ticketsFri 20:00St Georges Hall, Bradford - BradfordOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- May 01 2021May012021Find ticketsSat 20:00Pyramid and Parr Hall - WarringtonOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- May 02 2021May022021Find ticketsSun 20:00The Lowry - Salford QuaysOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- May 04 2021May042021Find ticketsTue 20:00Symphony Hall - BirminghamOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- May 06 2021May062021Find ticketsThu 20:00Harrogate Royal Hall - HarrogateOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- May 08 2021May082021Find ticketsSat 20:00Eventim Apollo - LondonOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- May 26 2021May262021Find ticketsWed 20:00Hull City Hall - HullOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Jun 05 2021Jun052021Find ticketsSat 20:00Harlequin Theatre - RedhillOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Jun 26 2021Jun262021Find ticketsSat 20:00Ipswich Regent Theatre - IpswichOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Jul 08 2021Jul082021Thu 20:00Blackpool Grand Theatre - BlackpoolOmid Djalili: the Good Times TourOn partner siteFind tickets Blackpool Grand Theatre - BlackpoolOmid Djalili: the Good Times TourJul 08 202120:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Jul 17 2021Jul172021Find ticketsSat 20:00Hertford Theatre - HertfordOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Sep 09 2021Sep092021Find ticketsThu 20:00Worthing Assembly Hall - WorthingOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Sep 30 2021Sep302021Find ticketsThu 20:00Epsom Playhouse - EpsomOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Oct 01 2021Oct012021Find ticketsFri 20:00South Holland Centre - LincolnshireOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Oct 02 2021Oct022021Find ticketsSat 20:00Hazlitt Theatre - MaidstoneOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Oct 05 2021Oct052021Find ticketsTue 20:00Theatre Royal - Brighton - BrightonOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Oct 08 2021Oct082021Find ticketsFri 20:00The Beck Theatre - HayesOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
- Oct 12 2021Oct122021Find ticketsTue 20:00Lowther Pavilion - Lytham St AnnesOmid Djalili: the Good Times Tour
Letting the good times roll in 2021
Born in London to Iranian parents, Omid Djalili grew up with a mixed cultural heritage. That unconventional background helped shape his sharp wit as well as his ability to combine humour with storytelling.
Going on to become an award-winning comedian and actor, Djalili emerged on the UK stand-up circuit in the ’90s. His big break was at Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 1995 with a show called Short Fat Kebab Owner’s Son. He returned in 1996 with The Arab And The Jew alongside Jewish comedian Ivor Dembina, and thereafter became one of the hottest tickets at the annual event. Over the years, the funnyman sold out a string of shows – including Omid Djalili Is Ethnic, Warm To My Winning Smile, Behind Enemy Lines, No Aggenda, and Tour Of Duty – before going on to tour them nationally.
Intelligent and provocative, Djalili’s comedy was not only packed with incisive social and political commentary, but also with physical humour and an upbeat energy. He received numerous accolades from the press. The Huffington Post said seeing Djalili live on stage was “so hysterically funny and at the same time so poignant and powerful that calling it stand-up barely does it justice”, while The Guardian called him “a thin, high cheek-boned, flamboyant luvvie”.
On his own website, Djalili described himself as someone who “spends most of his time trying to keep his weight down by yoyo dieting and playing football in West London still hoping to get spotted by Brentford Football Club”.
In addition to comedy, his acting credits have ranged from film and television to the theatre. Djalili landed small roles in a number of big films including Gladiator, The Mummy, Notting Hill and Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End, before going on to win the Best Actor Award at the Turin Film Festival for his lead performance in 2010’s The Infidel scripted by David Baddiel. In 2018, he played a scene-stealing customs officer in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
On television, he made two series of The Omid Djalili Show for BBC One; a combination of sketches and stand-up material, plus he appeared in programmes and sitcoms like Little Britain, Black Books and Lead Balloon in the UK, and The Paul Reiser Show in the US. Djalili won praise for his performance on Dickensian playing taxidermist and bone articulator Mr Venus. He has also been seen in 2019’s His Dark Materials and 2020’s Letter For The King.
On the stage, Djalili garnered rave reviews for his role as Red in The Shawshank Redemption at the 2013 Edinburgh Festival Fringe and as Tevvye in Fiddler On The Roof at the 2017 Chichester Festival Theatre.
After experimenting with Zoom and drive-in gigs, on 5 October 2020, Djalili announced he’s returning where he belongs and hitting the road in 2021 with another captivating comedy masterclass – The Good Times Tour.
Omid Djalili is bringing The Good Times Tour across the UK from 30 April – 17 December 2021.
Omid Djalili will take his 2021 comedy tour to the following UK cities:
- Bishop Stortford
- Potters Bar
- Lytham St Anne’s
- Weston-super mare
Presale tickets for Omid Djalili’s The Good Times Tour are available from 10:00 on Wednesday 7 October 2020. Tickets go on general sale from 10:00 on Friday 9 October 2020.