9 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom8 Events
- 11/01/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Birmingham - Birmingham Neck Deep Jan 11 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamNeck Deep
- 12/01/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Bristol - Bristol Neck Deep Jan 12 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolNeck DeepLimited Availability
- 13/01/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Brixton - London Neck Deep Jan 13 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonNeck Deep
- 14/01/2022Find ticketsO2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - Manchester Neck Deep Jan 14 2022 19:00Friday 19:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterNeck DeepLimited Availability
- 16/01/2022Find ticketsO2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon Tyne Neck Deep Jan 16 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneNeck Deep
- 17/01/2022Find ticketsAssembly Rooms - Edinburgh Neck Deep Jan 17 2022 19:00Monday 19:00Assembly Rooms - EdinburghNeck DeepLow Availability
- 18/01/2022Find ticketsBarrowland - Glasgow Neck Deep Jan 18 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowNeck Deep
- 19/01/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Leeds - Leeds Neck Deep Jan 19 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsNeck Deep
International Events1 Events
- 21/01/2022Find tickets3Olympia Theatre - Dublin, D2, Ireland Neck Deep Jan 21 2022 19:00Friday 19:003Olympia Theatre - Dublin, D2, IrelandNeck Deep
The Welsh pop-punk outfit
Hailing from the town of Wrexham in Wales, Neck Deep initially formed when vocalist Ben Barlow met lead guitarist Lloyd Roberts through Barlow's older brother, Seb. Having penned a number of tracks on his own, Barlow and Roberts posted their song What Did You Expect online under the Neck Deep moniker, going on to enlist guitarist Matt West, drummer Dani Washington and bassist Fil Thorpe-Evans. Following the release of their debut Rain In July EP in 2012 and A History Of Bad Decisions a year later, the five-piece signed to Californian independent label Hopeless Records. Their debut full-length, Wishful Thinking, followed in 2014.
The album quickly cemented Neck Deep as one of the most exciting voices in contemporary pop-punk both in the UK and further afield, securing the band a position on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart in the United States. Its release has since been credited as a defining moment in UK pop-punk, injecting life back into an otherwise dwindling scene.
With various members foregoing prior commitments in favour of the band, Neck Deep settled into their stride, touring heavily across the UK and the US with the likes of We Are The In Crowd and Knuckle Puck, and securing a spot on the globally renowned Warped Tour. Capitalising on their popularity, their sophomore full-length Life's Not Out To Get You followed in 2015, breaking into the top 10 on the UK album chart and peaking at No.17 stateside.
Celebrating the album's release with further live shows across the globe, Neck Deep parted ways with founding member Lloyd Roberts who was replaced by former Climates and Blood Youth member Sam Bowden. With Bowden in place, the band recorded their third studio album The Peace And The Panic. Released in 2017, it reached No.4 on both the UK and US album charts. Shortly afterwards, Thorpe-Evans departed the band to pursue an individual production career, replaced by Joshua Hailing on bass. The new formation went on to join pop-punk veterans blink-182 and crossover rapper Lil Wayne on a high profile US tour.
At the beginning of 2020, Hailing was replaced by Ben Barlow's older brother and longtime collaborator Seb Barlow on bass, and the band unveiled new single Lowlife – the lead track from their fourth studio album All Distortions Are Intentional. The album followed in July 2020, alongside news that Neck Deep would support it with a headline UK tour.
In March 2021, the band announced those dates had been rescheduled to January 2022.
Neck Deep have announced UK headline dates for 11 – 19 January 2021.
Neck Deep will play shows in the following cities in 2021:
Tickets for Neck Deep's 2021 tour dates are on sale now. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled shows.
Neck Deep are:
- Ben Barlow
- Dani Washington
- Matt West
- Sam Bowden
- Seb Barlow
Neck Deep have released four studio albums.
- Wishful Thinking (2014)
- Life's Not Out To Get You (2015)
- The Peace And The Panic (2017)
- All Distortions Are Intentional (2020)
Neck Deep's songs include:
- In Bloom
- Can't Kick Up The Roots
- A Part Of Me
- Motion Sickness
- When You Know
Neck Deep formed in Wrexham, Wales, in 2012.