Alternative and Indie
5 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom4 Events
- 21/04/2022Find ticketsThe Marble Factory - Bristol Mitski Apr 21 2022 19:00 On partner siteThursday 19:00The Marble Factory - BristolMitskiOn partner site
- 26/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Ritz Manchester - Manchester Mitski Apr 26 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00O2 Ritz Manchester - ManchesterMitskiLimited Availability
- 29/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Brixton - London Mitski Apr 29 2022 19:00Friday 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonMitskiLimited Availability
- 22/04/2022Find ticketsLeeds University Union - Leeds Mitski Apr 22 2022 19:30 On partner siteFriday 19:30Leeds University Union - LeedsMitskiOn partner site
International Events1 Events
- 25/04/2022Find ticketsVicar Street - Dublin, D8, Ireland Mitski Apr 25 2022 20:00Monday 20:00Vicar Street - Dublin, D8, IrelandMitskiLimited Availability
Mitski announces European and North American tour with UK dates after returning with a new single
Off the back of her new track, Working For The Knife, Mitski will be heading out on tour in 2022 with multiple UK dates in April 2022.
Born in Japan, Mitski Miyawaki moved around a lot with her American father and Japanese mother, living in over 13 countries before eventually settling in New York for college.
Mitski wrote her first song shortly before this as she graduated from high school in Turkey. The track Bag Of Bones would go on to be included on her first album.
Initially studying film at New York’s Hunter College, Mitski decided to change direction shortly into her schooling, opting to pursue music and transferring to SUNY Purchase to study studio composition. From here, Mitski recorded and released her first two albums, LUSH in 2012 and Retired From Sad, New Career In Business in 2013, for her junior and senior school projects. For her second album and senior project, Mitski enlisted the help of the 60-piece student orchestra at Hunter.
The pressure of working on college projects and outside of her studies left Mitski exhausted but inspired much of her third album, Bury Me At Makeout Creek. The album was recorded at her home with the help of friends and signaled a move away from the orchestral style of her previous work.
By the end of 2015, Mitski had signed with independent label, Dead Oceans, before returning with new music the following year. Puberty 2 was released in June of 2016 and included the hit Your Best American Girl. The album was followed by a North American and European tour and was widely praised by fans and critics alike. The record landed a spot on the Top 25 year-end list from Rolling Stone as well as a place on Billboard’s alternative, rock and independent album charts.
During this period, Mitski also opened for the Pixies on their US tour and supported Lorde at a select number of shows on her Melodrama World Tour.
Mitski returned with her fifth studio album, Be The Cowboy, alongside the lead single, Geyser, releasing them both on the same day without any prior announcement. The record was named Album of the Year by the likes of Pitchfork and Vulture in 2018.
In 2020, Mitski worked on the soundtrack to the graphic novel, This Is Where We Fall. The artist said the project was an enjoyable challenge as it forced her to work in a new way. The record was released on cassette and limited edition deluxe vinyl in 2021.
Mitski announced she would be releasing her new single, Working For The Knife, in October 2021 before sharing details for a European and North American tour in 2022.
Mitski will be touring the UK as part of her European and North American tour in April 2022.
Mitski will be performing in the following UK cities on her upcoming tour:
Tickets to see Mitski on her upcoming tour are currently on sale.