1 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom1 Events
- 06/02/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Brixton - London Maneskin Feb 06 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonManeskinLow Availability
The Italian glam-rock band that triumphed at the 65th Eurovision Song Contest
2021 was the year of Måneskin after the Italian rock band won the 65th Eurovision Song Contest and became an internet sensation within months.
Måneskin found success early on, only forming in 2016. Composed of Damiano David on vocals, Victoria de Angelis on base, and Thomas Raggi on guitar, the band met in high school in Rome with drummer Ethan Torchio joining the group from the nearby Frosinone when he heard they were on the hunt for a percussionist.
The group’s name is a nod to de Angelis’ Danish roots and means “moonlight”, although that has no bearing on the band itself.
After successfully performing at The Pulse Contest and winning over audiences with their original music, Måneskin signed up for the 2017 season of The X Factor in Italy. The band, under the mentorship of Manuel Agnelli, finished in second place and performed original music on the show which they eventually released in the months after the season ended.
Their song Chosen climbed all the way to No.2 on the Italian FIMI Singles Chart and was included on an EP consisting of other songs Måneskin performed on the reality TV show. The EP went on to be certified double platinum in FIMI and also listed a cover of Beggin’ by The Four Seasons on the track list – a song that would have a resurgence in popularity on platforms like TikTok years later.
In 2018, the band released their first Italian-language single and full-length studio album which topped the Italian charts. Unsurprisingly, their first tour that kicked off the same year was a sell-out in over 70 dates across Italy, Spain, France, Germany and in the UK.
After they finished their tour, Måneskin moved to London to work on new music before releasing much-anticipated new music in 2020. The band’s fame skyrocketed in 2021 when they won the Sanremo Music Festival with the song Zitti E Buoni and performed the same song in the Eurovision Song Contest that same year, representing their native Italy. In line with all predictions, Måneskin won the competition.
As a result of their success in Rotterdam at the 2021 Eurovision final, Måneskin’s music began appearing in charts around the world as multiple tracks from their latest album, Teatro D’ira Vol. I went viral. Their award-winning song, Zitti E Buoni, became the first Italian song in 30 years to chart in the top 20 of the UK Singles Chart.
The band’s single I Wanna Be Your Slave also charted, peaking at No.5 in the UK and was quickly joined by their cover of Beggin’ which reached No.7 on the charts. Both of these singles also became viral hits, seeing huge success on social media platforms like TikTok.
Måneskin performed at a number of open-air music festivals after their Eurovision win and also announced a new studio album, much to the delight of their rapidly growing fan base. The band announced they would be performing all over Europe with their Loud Kids On Tour, kicking off in London in February, 2022.
Måneskin will be heading on tour in February, 2022 for a 16-date tour concluding on March 14.
Måneskin will be performing at the following venues:
- 6 February 2022 - O2 Academy Brixton, London, UK
- 10 February 2022 - Forest National, Bruxelles, Belgium
- 12 February 2022 - Rockhal, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- 15 February 2022 - Torwar Hall, Warsaw, Poland
- 18 February 2022 - Stadthalle, Wien, Austria
- 21 February 2022 - Le Zenith, Paris, France
- 24 February 2022 - Halle 622, Zurich, Switzerland
- 26 February 2022 - Verti Music Hall, Berlin, Germany
- 28 February 2022 - Mala Sportovni Hala, Prague, Czech Republic
- 1 March 2022 - Barba Negra, Budapest, Hungary
- 3 March 2022 - AFAS Live, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 7 March 2022 - Stereo Plaza, Kiev, Ukraine
- 9 March 2022 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia
- 11 March 2022 - Tinkoff Arena, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 13 March 2022 - Saku Suurhall, Tallinn, Estonia
- 14 March 2022 - Arena Riga, Riga, Latvia
Tickets for Måneskin's tour go on sale on Thursday 30 September at 11.00.