TICKETMASTER PURCHASE POLICY
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.2 Ticketmaster UK Limited ("Ticketmaster", "we", "us", "our") is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02662632, with registered offices at 2nd Floor, Regent Arcade House, 19-25 Argyll Street, London W1F 7TS, United Kingdom.
- 1.3 We sell event tickets ("Tickets") and associated products and services on behalf of event organisers, promoters, venues, producers, artists/performers, agents, teams, record labels and other persons involved in the organisation of events ("Event Partner(s)").
- 1.4 We sell Tickets as and when they are allocated to us by Event Partners, and in accordance with their instructions. The number and type of Tickets allocated for sale by us vary on an event by event basis.
- 1.5 Ticketmaster sells Tickets from several distribution points, including online (desktop, mobile website and app), call centres and, in some cases, box offices. All Ticketmaster's distribution points access the same ticketing system and ticket inventory, therefore Tickets for popular events may sell-out quickly. Occasionally, additional Tickets for sold-out events may become available prior to events. However, we do not control Ticket inventory or its availability.
- 1.6 Please note, all seating maps and charts displayed during the purchase process are for guidance only, and reflect the general layout for the venue for particular events. For some events, the layout and specific seat locations may vary without notice.
- 1.7 For some events, we may sell different types of Tickets, items and packages, including:
(a) "Platinum Tickets": these are in-demand Tickets that are offered for sale at market-driven prices, which may be higher than the face value price stated on Ticket. Platinum Tickets are sold on a ticket-only basis and do not include any additional products or services. Please see clause 4 below for further information on Platinum Tickets.
(b) "Upsells": these are products or services that are offered for sale in addition to Tickets at a separate, additional price, such as car parking, merchandise or charity donations. Please see clause 12 below for further information on your rights in relation to Upsell purchases (which may differ from your rights in relation to Ticket purchases).
(c) "Collector Tickets": these are a special type of Upsell where, for a separate, additional per-Ticket charge, your physical Tickets are printed and dispatched as souvenir/commemorative items.
(d) "Packages": these are packages that are offered for sale at an inclusive price, which include a Ticket and one or more additional products or services, such as exclusive seating arrangements, accommodation, transport, dining or merchandise.
- 1.8 In this Purchase Policy, we refer to any products and services offered for sale by us (including Tickets, Platinum Tickets, Collector Tickets, Upsells and Packages) as "Items". Any reference to "Ticket(s)" includes, Platinum Ticket(s) and Collector Ticket(s), unless expressly stated otherwise.
- 1.9 Please note, Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, save as set out in this Purchase Policy. However, this Purchase Policy does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about your statutory rights, please contact Citizens Advice.
- 1.10 Our Purchase Policy does not apply to any purchases made from Groupon or from any other third parties. We act solely as Groupon's fulfilment partner and are not responsible for any aspects of your purchase from Groupon, save for delivery of tickets to you. If you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase of tickets from Groupon or other third parties, please contact them directly.
- 2. CONTRACT
- 2.1 In order to make a purchase from Ticketmaster, you must be 18 years old or more and, if you are purchasing online, have a Ticketmaster account and a valid credit or debit card issued in your name.
- 2.2 Any purchase from us is subject to: (i) this Purchase Policy; (ii) any special terms and conditions stated to be applicable to an Event; (iii) the terms and conditions of the Event Partner(s) and/or event; and (iv) any venue terms and conditions (including conditions of entry).
- 2.3 Your contract for purchase starts once we have confirmed your order, and ends immediately after completion of the event for which you have purchased Item(s). However, if you have purchased an Upsell that is a product (as opposed to a service), your contract for purchase in relation to that product will end 14 days after the date of delivery of the product to you. Please see clause 12 for further details.
- 2.4 All purchases are subject to credit or debit card verification (if applicable), other security checks, and collection of payment by us. Your order may be cancelled if it has not passed our verification process or if payment is not received in full.
- 2.5 It is prohibited to obtain or attempt to obtain any Items through unauthorised use of any robot, spider or other automated device or software, or any other illegal or unauthorised activity. We reserve the right to cancel any order(s) that we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently or otherwise in breach of this Purchase Policy, without any notice to you, and any and all Items obtained as part of such order(s) will be void.
- 2.6 To prevent fraud and protect Ticketmaster, we reserve the right to carry out checks and/or request that additional information be provided in order to verify purchases. We may cancel orders which we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently.
- 3. PRICES AND FEES
- 3.1 All prices for Items offered for sale from us are inclusive of VAT and are broken down as follows:
- (a) sale price of the Item ("Sale Price"); plus
- (b) any per-Item service charges ("Service Charge"); plus
- (c) any per-order handling and/or delivery fees ("Order Processing Fees").
- 3.2 Whilst we try to ensure that all advertised prices are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Item you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price (in which case we will credit or debit you as applicable) or cancelling your order (in which case you will receive a full refund). If we are unable to contact you to confirm your order at the correct price, you agree that we may treat the order as cancelled and issue you with a full refund.
- 4. PLATINUM TICKETS
- 4.1 Platinum ticketing is Ticketmaster's market-based pricing solution which allows us to give fans access to the most in-demand Tickets for an event, whilst enabling Event Partners to price Tickets closer to their true market value.
- 4.2 The Sale Price of a Platinum Ticket at any given time represents its demand-driven market value at that time. Therefore, the Sale Price of Platinum Tickets vary, and may increase or decrease at any time.
- 4.3 You pay the Sale Price of Platinum Tickets advertised at the time you make your purchase but the price of similar Platinum Tickets may increase or decrease before and/or after you have made your purchase. You will not be entitled to a refund or credit if you purchase a Platinum Ticket and the Sale Price of similar Platinum Tickets subsequently falls.
- 4.4 Please note, due to venue or system limitations, there may be either (i) no price printed on a Platinum Ticket, or (ii) a different face value printed on the ticket to the Sale Price you paid. However, you will not be entitled to a refund or credit on the basis that you have paid a higher Sale Price than the face value of the Platinum Ticket.
- 5. DELIVERY
- 5.1 For some deliveries, a signature may be required. Where you have paid by credit or debit card, we can only post Tickets to the billing address of the credit or debit card used to make the purchase. If the address in your order does not correspond to that held by your credit or debit card company, we may cancel your order.
- 5.2 We aim to dispatch Tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to specify the exact dates of dispatch, as the arrangements for dispatch depend on several factors, including when we are in possession of the ticket stock used for a particular event. For some events, we receive ticket stock from our Event Partners close to the event date.
- 5.3 Please allow as much time as possible for your Tickets to arrive. If your Tickets have not arrived by 5 days before the event (or 5 days before you depart for the event, if earlier), please contact us. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode that the booking is made under.
- 5.4 We reserve the right to make Tickets available for collection by you at the venue box office or at another designated ticket collection point. We will notify you by telephone or email of the arrangements for collection if this becomes necessary. You may be required to provide your booking confirmation email and your photo ID to collect Tickets, as well as the credit or debit card used to make the order.
- 5.5 Please note, if you choose for your tickets to be delivered by "e-delivery" (i.e. mobile Tickets or print-at-home Tickets) and Ticket Transfer functionality (as described below) is not available, then all guests under your booking must enter the Event at the same time as you.
- 5.6 We accept no responsibility for the delivery or quality of any products and/or services sold as an Upsell or the non-Ticket elements of a Package (unless, as applicable, the same are delivered or produced directly by us). Products and/or services sold as an Upsell or included in a Package are provided and fulfilled by the relevant Event Partner, who is responsible for the delivery and the quality of such products and/or services. If you have any queries or complaints regarding any Upsell and/or any non-Ticket element of a Package, please contact the relevant Event Partner directly (or contact us here).
- 6. TICKETS
- 6.1 Any Ticket you purchase from us remains the property of the relevant Event Partner and is a personal revocable licence which may be withdrawn and admission refused at any time. If this occurs without any act or omission on your part, you will be refunded for the Ticket which has been withdrawn or for which access was refused (including the relevant Sale Price and Service Charge but excluding any Order Processing Fees).
- 6.2 Policies set by an Event Partner may prohibit us from issuing replacement Tickets for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Tickets (e.g., for general admission events where there is a possibility that both original and any replacement tickets may be used to gain entry, which may compromise the licensed capacity of the venue). If replacement tickets are issued, we may charge you a reasonable administration fee.
- 6.3 When you receive your Tickets, please keep them in a safe place. We will not be responsible for any Tickets that are damaged, lost or stolen. Please note that direct sunlight or heat can sometimes damage physical Tickets. Furthermore, we recommend that you do not post pictures of your Tickets online, unless you have covered the barcode and any other reference numbers on your ticket, as this may allow third parties to counterfeit your Tickets or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Tickets.
- 6.4 It is your responsibility to check your Tickets once they have been delivered; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- 6.5 Where your Tickets are for allocated seats, you have a right only to seats of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket. We or the relevant Event Partner or venue reserve the right (whether before or during the event) to provide alternative seats to those initially allocated to you or specified on the Tickets.
- 7. TICKET RESTRICTIONS
- 7.1 When purchasing Tickets from us, you are limited to a specified number of Tickets for each event. This number is included on the first purchase page and is verified with every order. This policy is in effect to discourage and prevent unfair ticket buying practices. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person, per credit or debit card and, for some events, a restriction may apply per household as well. We reserve the right to cancel any order(s) for Tickets purchased in excess of the relevant limits without notice.
- 7.2 Tickets may be sold subject to certain restrictions on entry or use, such as restricted, obstructed or side view or a minimum age for entry. Any such restrictions will be displayed or otherwise notified to you before or at the time you book the Tickets. It is your responsibility to ensure that you read all notifications and other important information displayed or notified to you as part of the purchase process.
- 7.3 You may not resell or transfer your Tickets if prohibited by law. In addition, Event Partners may prohibit the resale or transfer of tickets for some events. Any resale or transfer (or attempted resale or transfer) of a ticket in breach of the applicable law or any restrictions imposed by the Event Partner is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that Ticket without refund or other compensation.
- 7.4 Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster may not:
(a) be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes (or for other such similar commercial gain); and/or
(b) be combined with any hospitality, travel or accommodation service and/or any other merchandise, product or service to create a package for sale or other distribution,
unless formal written permission is given by us and the relevant Event Partner and provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of our or any Event Partner's trade marks and other intellectual property is subject to the express prior written consent of the owner.
- 8. EVENTS - TIMINGS AND ADMISSIONS
- 8.1 Please note that advertised start times of events are subject to change. Also, door opening and closing times stated in relation to an event are not indicative of the event's start or end time (or when an artist is scheduled to play or the length of the artist's performance), all of which remain at the relevant Event Partner's and/or artist's discretion and may be subject to change.
- 8.2 Tickets are sold subject to the Event Partner's right to alter or vary the programme of an event due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets, unless such change is a material alteration as described in clause 9, in which case the provisions of that clause shall apply.
- 8.3 Generally, every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- 8.4 The event venue may conduct security searches of you and other patrons for safety and security purposes and/or may refuse admission to patrons breaching or suspected of breaching any terms and conditions of the event or any Event Partner.
- 8.5 Admission to all events is subject to the terms of admission of the relevant venue, and certain things (e.g. laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patrons own food and drink) may be prohibited. Please check with the venue directly. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events is also prohibited. Any unauthorised photos, videos and/or recordings may be destroyed or deleted.
- 8.6 Breach of any of venue terms and conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall entitle the Event Partner to eject you from the venue.
- 8.7 Event Partners reserve the right to refuse admission to the venue, or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety (including crowd surfing or moshing), any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury, or for any breach of the Event Partners´ terms and conditions.
- 8.8 Unless expressly authorised by the relevant Event Partner, there will be no pass-outs or re-admissions of any kind.
- 8.9 By attending an event, you and other patrons consent to being filmed and/or recorded and may be featured as members of the audience in any resulting footage or recordings.
- 8.10 Prolonged exposure to loud music or noise may damage your hearing and we advise all patrons at an event to wear adequate ear protection.
- 8.11 Special effects, which may include sound, audio-visual, pyrotechnic effects or lighting effects may be featured at an event, which may not be suitable for those with photosensitive epilepsy, or similar conditions.
- 9. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO EVENT CANCELLATIONS AND ALTERATIONS
- 9.1 If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you once we have received the relevant information and authorisation from our Event Partner (if you book online, we will use your booking contact details). However, we cannot guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation or alteration before the date of the event. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled or altered and the date and time of any rescheduled event.
- 9.2 Cancellation: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is cancelled in full (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages, plus the relevant Service Charges. However, if Tickets have already been dispatched or delivered to you, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Order Processing Fees. If you have purchased Tickets or Packages for an event takes place over several days and one or more days (but not all days) are cancelled, you may only be offered a proportionate partial refund.
- 9.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, unless otherwise indicated, you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. However, if Tickets have already been dispatched or delivered to you, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Order Processing Fees. Failure to inform us within any deadline specified by us that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets for the rescheduled event, and you will not be entitled to claim a refund.
- 9.4 Other material alteration: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is "materially altered" (as defined below), other than a rescheduling, you will be offered the option either to reconfirm your order for the altered event or to cancel your order. If you cancel your order, you will be able to obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. However, if Tickets have already been dispatched or delivered to you, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Order Processing Fees. Failure to inform us within the deadline specified by us that you wish to cancel your order in these circumstances will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the altered event, and you will not be entitled to claim a refund. For the purposes of this Purchase Policy, a "material alteration" is a change which, in our and the relevant Event Partner's reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that purchasers of Tickets, taken generally, could reasonably expect. In particular, please note that the following are not deemed to be "material alterations": the use of understudies in theatre performances; adverse weather conditions; changes of any supporting act; changes to individual members of a band; changes to the line-up of any multi-performer event (such as a festival); curtailment of the event where the majority of an event is performed in full; and delays to the starting of the performance of an event.
- 9.5 To claim a refund under clause 9.2, 9.3 or 9.4, please follow the instructions we provide to you or apply in writing to: Ticketmaster UK Limited, PO Box 798, Manchester, M60 1WU (or such other address as notified to you by us). Where applicable, you must enclose or return to us your unused Tickets and comply with any other reasonable instructions from us. For accounting purposes in relation to cancelled events, your unused Tickets must be received by us within 28 days from the date of the cancelled event.
- 9.6 Refunds will be made using the same means of payment as you used for the initial purchase.
- 9.7 If you have purchased any Upsells associated with an event which has been cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered and a refund in relation to the Tickets is due to you in accordance with clause 9.2, 9.3 or 9.4, unless the Upsell is a product and has already been delivered to you or is a digital download purchased during the 14 days immediately before the date of release or at any time on or after the release date, we will also refund you the Sale Price and Service Charge of such Upsells purchased from us. However, nothing in this clause 9 shall operate to exclude your statutory right to cancel orders for Upsells other than Excluded Upsells (as defined below), as set out in clause 12.
- 10. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL/EXCHANGE/UPGRADE - TICKETMASTER'S FAN GUARANTEE
- 10.1 In addition to your statutory rights under applicable laws, Ticketmaster operates our unique "Fan Guarantee", pursuant to which, you may cancel, exchange or upgrade all the Tickets in your order, subject to payment of an admin fee of £5.00 (in relation to exchanges and upgrades only) and the restrictions, terms and conditions, and fair use policy set out in the rest of this clause 10.
- 10.2 The Fan Guarantee only applies to Tickets. However, nothing in this clause 10 operates to exclude your statutory rights under applicable laws to cancel Items in an order, details of which are set out in clause 12.
- 10.3 You will not be able to cancel, exchange or upgrade Tickets under the Fan Guarantee if:
(a) your order is for Tickets that are season tickets, instalment-payment tickets, deposit-payment tickets, multi-part/multi-day/series tickets, Platinum Tickets, Collector Tickets, VIP tickets, tickets that are part of Packages, and tickets that were purchased from our Groups department; and/or
(b) you have transferred the Ticket to another person using our "Ticket Transfer" functionality (if available); and/or
(c) your order was made on a Ticketmaster distribution point other than ticketmaster.co.uk, ticketweb.co.uk, frontgatetickets.com, or via a Ticketmaster call centre (unfortunately this means that tickets purchased on any of our partner sites, including theatre.ticketmaster.co.uk, eticketing.co.uk, oss.ticketmaster.com, tmtickets.xx, getmein.com and seatwave.com, along with orders made via our Groups department, are excluded).
- 10.4 You must make your request to exercise our Fan Guarantee ("Request"), within the following timeframes:
- (a) a Request for an order cancellation must be made:
- (i) within 72 hours of placing your original order or making your original reservation; and
(ii) 14 days or more prior to the event (or start of the event) to which your order relates.
- (b) a Request for an exchange or upgrade will always be subject to Ticket availability when we review the Request, and may be made:
- (i) no earlier than 72 hours after placing your original order or making your original reservation; but at least
(ii) 14 days or more prior to the event (or start of the event) to which your order relates.
- 10.5 To make a Request, fill out the form here, if you want to cancel, exchange or upgrade the Tickets in your order.
- 10.6 We aim to acknowledge receipt of and review your Request within 3 business days of receipt, and to process Requests within a further 5 business days.
- 10.7 The Fan Guarantee is also subject to the following limitations:
(a) if your Request is to cancel an order and the Tickets have already been dispatched at the time you make your Request, your original Order Processing Fees will not be refunded;
(b) you may be required to return any original Tickets to us before your Request can be fully processed and completed;
(c) exchanges and upgrades of Tickets may only be made for Tickets that are the same price or more for the same event, where "same event" means the same event at the same venue within the current tour or booking period for that event (e.g., this excludes events that are different fixtures for the same sporting team);
(d) payment of the admin fee set out at clause 10.1 above, and any additional amounts due from you (e.g., if you are upgrading the Tickets in your order) must be paid in full in order to complete your Request; and
(e) We operate a "Fair Use Policy" in respect of our Fan Guarantee, under which:
- (i) no more than one (1) Request may be made per household per calendar month; and
(ii) no more than three (3) Requests may be made per household in any 12-month calendar period, regardless of whether such Requests are successful or not.
- 10.8 If your Request is successful and you are due a refund from us, it can take up to 14 days for the refund to be processed. Please note, refunds can only be made to the payment method used for the original order and cannot be refunded via any other method of payment.
- 10.9 You will be ineligible to benefit from the Fan Guarantee if Ticketmaster has any grounds to suspect that:
(a) you have in any way breached the terms of this Purchase Policy; and/or
(b) you are acting fraudulently; and/or
(c) you are acting contrary to the spirit of the Fan Guarantee or in breach of the Fair Use Policy.
- 11. TICKET TRANSFER
- 11.1 We offer "Ticket Transfer" functionality in respect of many events. You can use Ticket Transfer, where available, to transfer your Tickets to your friends and family by logging into your Ticketmaster account and following the instructions. Please note, Ticket Transfer is intended to be used for transferring Tickets to friends and family; you should only transfer Tickets to people that you know and trust.
- 11.2 By transferring a Ticket you have purchased (or that you have been transferred by someone else using Ticket Transfer), you are only facilitating another person using that Ticket for event entry; the contract (and associated rights and obligations) for the purchase of that Ticket remains between Ticketmaster and you (or the original purchaser as the case may be), regardless of the number of times the Ticket is transferred using Ticket Transfer. However, as always, relevant Event Partner terms and conditions may also apply to use of the Ticket by the bearer.
- 11.3 Ticket Transfer can only be used for Tickets and not for Upsells purchased with Tickets or any non-Ticket elements of Packages.
- 11.4 We may cancel any transferred Tickets if we have grounds to suspect that they were obtained fraudulently, unlawfully or otherwise in violation of this clause 11, or any other provisions of this Purchase Policy or any other applicable terms and conditions.
- 11.5 You can cancel a Ticket Transfer invitation but only if you do so before the recipient accepts your Ticket Transfer invitation.
- 11.6 IMPORTANT: (i) Once a recipient accepts your Ticket Transfer invitation, you will not be able to use your original Ticket for event entry; and (ii) you will not be able to cancel or otherwise get the transferred Ticket back (because the recipient will get a new Ticket with a new barcode). Nor will our Fan Guarantee (as described in clause 10) apply to the Ticket. If a Ticket is transferred multiple times using Ticket Transfer, only the Ticket from the most recent Ticket Transfer will be valid for entry; all previous Ticket barcodes will be cancelled.
- 11.7 If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered, only the original purchaser of a transferred Ticket will be entitled to any refund or credit available under clause 9. We will only deal with the original purchaser of a transferred Ticket in respect of all matters relating to the Ticket and the event for which it is issued. It is the responsibility of the original purchaser of a Ticket to keep all the recipients of any transferred Tickets updated with any information we provide to the original purchaser.
- 11.8 To the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability we may have in connection with a Ticket will only be owed to the original purchaser of the Ticket, and not to any recipient to whom that Ticket may have been transferred (whether using Ticket Transfer or otherwise).
- 12. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHT TO CANCEL
- 12.1 Tickets and Packages cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded after purchase, save in the circumstances set out in clause 9 or 10.
- 12.2 Furthermore, certain types of Upsells are also not able to be cancelled, exchanged or refunded after purchase, save in certain specified circumstances (as set out in clause 9.7). Such Upsells are referred to in this Purchase Policy as "Excluded Upsells") and include:
(a) any travel, catering, accommodation, transport or services relating to leisure activities, to be provided on a specified date or during a specified period;
(b) any products that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
(c) any sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, if such goods become unsealed after delivery;
(d) any digital downloads you purchase during the 14 days immediately before the date of release or at any time on or after the release date, in which case at the time of purchase you will have agreed for the digital download to be provided to you before the expiry of usual statutory cancellation period and will have acknowledged that your right to cancel will be lost;
(e) any goods which become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery;
(f) any goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly; and/or
(g) any alcoholic beverages where:
- (i) the price has been agreed at the time of the conclusion of the contract;
(ii) delivery of them can only take place after 30 days; and
(iii) their value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which cannot be controlled by the relevant Event Partner.
- 12.3 Save for Tickets and Excluded Upsells, you have the right, without giving any reason, to cancel such part(s) of your order that relate to the following Upsells, within the specified deadlines:
(a) an Upsell that is a product - within 14 days of the date of delivery of such product to you (or within such longer period as may be specified in the relevant Event Partner's terms and conditions); and
(b) an Upsell that is a digital download purchased more than 14 days before its release date - within 14 days of the date of purchase.
Please note, you are not entitled to cancel your associated Ticket purchase in such circumstances.
- 12.4 To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your purchase by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post to Customer Services PO Box 798, Manchester, M60 1WU). You may use our Model Cancellation Form, but it is not obligatory. You can also request cancellation by contacting us here (if you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation by email without delay).
- 12.5 To meet the relevant cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period, as set out in clause 12.3, has expired.
- 12.6 Once you have notified us within the relevant deadline that you wish to exercise your right to cancel, if you have received the Upsell (or if it has already been dispatched and you do not "reject" delivery of the same), you must send back such Upsell as follows:
(a) if the Upsell has been provided to you by our Event Partner, you must send the Upsell back to the relevant Event Partner, to such address as notified by us to you or as displayed on our website; or
(b) if the Upsell has been provided to you by Ticketmaster, you must send the Upsell back to us at Customer Services, Ticketmaster, PO Box 798, Manchester, M60 1WU (or such other address as notified to you by us).
Returns must be sent promptly and in any event no later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation to us. Please also note: you will have to bear the costs of returning the relevant Upsell(s), unless otherwise stated by us or the relevant Event Partner.
- 12.7 If you cancel a purchase under this clause 12, we will generally reimburse to you all payments received from you in relation to the relevant cancelled Upsell, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). However, if there is a loss or reduction in value of the relevant Upsell as a result of unnecessary handling by you, we may make a proportionate deduction from the reimbursement. Please be assured, you are only liable for any diminished value of the relevant Upsell resulting from your handling of the Upsell, other than such handling that is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- 12.8 We will make necessary reimbursements under this clause 12 without undue delay, and no later than:
(a) 14 days after the day we or the relevant Event Partner receives the relevant Upsell back from you; or
(b) if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods,
(c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel your purchase.
- 12.9 We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial purchase, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- 13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 13.1 Neither we nor our relevant Event Partners will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused (including by us and/or by the Event Partner):
(a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of contract or a legal duty of care owed by us or the Event Partner(s);
(b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not directly as a result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence); or
(c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from your negligence or breach by you of any of the terms of this Purchase Policy and/or any terms and conditions of the Event Partner(s).
- 13.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we, nor our relevant Event Partners, shall be liable for any indirect, consequential losses or business losses, or any exemplary, special or punitive damages arising from your purchase. In accordance with this, please note that:
(a) personal arrangements including travel, accommodation, hospitality and other costs and expenses incurred by you relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk, and neither we nor the relevant Event Partners shall be responsible or liable to you for any wasted expenditure, including where an event has been cancelled, rescheduled or otherwise materially altered; and
(b) neither we nor the relevant Event Partners shall be responsible or liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or amenity, including where an event has been cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered.
- 13.3 Unless otherwise stated in this clause 13, our and any Event Partners' liability to you in connection with the event (including, but not limited to, for any cancellation, rescheduling or material alteration to the programme of the event) and the Item you have purchased shall be limited to the price paid by you for the Item, including any Service Charge but excluding any Order Processing Fees.
- 13.4 Nothing in this Purchase Policy seeks to exclude or limit our or any Event Partners' liability for death or personal injury caused by our or any Event Partners' negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- 14. QUERIES AND COMPLAINTS
- 14.1 If we need to contact you, we will use your contact details provided at the time of purchase. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your contact details, both before and after receipt of Tickets. In particular, please ensure that you provide us with a valid email address as this is our preferred method of contacting you. You should also be aware that your email mailbox settings may treat our emails as junk, so remember to check your junk and/or spam folders.
- 14.2 If you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase, please contact us, quoting your order reference number.
- 14.3 Because we sell Items on behalf of Event Partners, we may need to contact one or more Event Partner for more information before responding to your query or complaint. Please note, some complaints can take up to 28 days to resolve.
- 14.4 If any dispute arises, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to you, us and the relevant Event Partner(s).
- 14.5 Ticketmaster is a member of the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers ("STAR"). STAR can be contacted at: PO Box 708, St Leonard's Place, York, YO1 0GT, telephone: 01904 234737 (or +44 1904 234737 if calling from outside the UK) or email: email@example.com.
- 14.6 Although this does not restrict your rights to pursue court proceedings, if we are unable to settle any dispute by negotiation within 28 days, you and we may attempt to settle it by mediation. To initiate a mediation a party must give written notice to the other parties to the dispute requesting a mediation. The mediation shall be conducted in accordance with the STAR Code of Practice current at the date of the referral which sets out the procedures to be adopted, the process of selection of the mediator and the costs involved, and which terms are deemed incorporated into this Purchase Policy.
- 14.7 As an online trader, pursuant to European Union legislation, Ticketmaster also draws your attention to the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution Platform, where you can access further information about online dispute resolution.
- 14.8 You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15. GOVERNING LAW
- 15.1 Any relevant Event Partner and its affiliates, successors, or assigns may enforce these terms in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Except as provided in the previous sentence, this Purchase Policy does not create any right enforceable by any person who is not a party to it, but does not affect any right or remedy that a third party has which exists or is available apart from the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 15.2 All of the terms and conditions of this Purchase Policy are governed by English law and any disputes arising out of or in connection with any order with Ticketmaster are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Last updated: 15 December 2017