6 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom5 Events
- Sep 23Sep23Find ticketsO2 Academy Birmingham - Birmingham LANY Sep 23 19:00Thu 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamLANY
- Sep 24Sep24Find ticketsManchester Academy - Manchester LANY Sep 24 19:00Fri 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterLANY
- Sep 27Sep27Find ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - Glasgow LANY Sep 27 19:00Mon 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowLANY
- Sep 27Sep27Find ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - Glasgow LANY Sep 27 19:00 On partner siteMon 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowLANYOn partner site
- Sep 29Sep29Find ticketsEventim Apollo - London LANY Sep 29 19:30Wed 19:30Eventim Apollo - LondonLANY
International Events1 Events
- Sep 25Sep25Find ticketsThe Helix - Dublin, Ireland LANY Sep 25 19:30Sat 19:30The Helix - Dublin, IrelandLANYLow Availability
The LA-based electropop band with down-home sensibility
Indie-pop trio LANY came together in 2014 when lead vocalist Paul Klein, originally from Oklahoma, flew to Nashville to hang out with drummer Jake Goss and guitarist/keyboardist Les Priest. Already friends, they clicked musically and started to craft lyrically precise songs about love and heartbreak.
The threesome soon made their way from Nashville to Southern California. They took the name LANY from the acronym for Los Angeles/New York, signifying a desire to spread their music all across North America.
The first songs LANY recorded were 2014’s Hot Lights and Walk Away, with their debut EP fittingly called Acronyms, boasting (OMG), ILYSB and BRB on its tracklist .
In 2015, LANY signed with Polydor Records and their self-titled debut album came out two years later. Prior to its arrival, the trio honed their performing chops at nightclubs throughout the US before landing slots at festivals like Lollapalooza, Shaky Knees, Bunbury, Bonnaroo and Outside Lands.
The band soon developed a loyal following for their minimalistic alternative dreamy electropop that embodied the fantasy of California’s beaches and boardwalks.
In 2018, LANY’s second album Malibu Nights not only spawned the singles Thru These Tears and I Don’t Wanna Love You Anymore, but also broke onto the Billboard albums chart.
After spending a year on the road touring to support their sophomore record, Klein packed his bags and headed to Nashville in hopes of getting back to his musical roots and finding a shared sense of family and belonging. He returned with Good Guys, If This Is The Last Time, You! and several more tracks that would ultimately comprise the band’s third album.
In September LANY released Cowboy In LA, the fourth single from their Mama’s Boy album, due out on 2 October 2020. LANY also announced UK tour dates in September 2021.
To support their new album Mama's Boy, LANY are touring the UK with special guests from 23 – 29 September 2021.
On their 2021 UK tour, LANY are performing in the following cities:
Pre-order LANY's new album Mama's Boy here by 17:00 on Tuesday 29 September for access to the presale, which opens at 09:00 on Wednesday 30 September 2020.
Tickets for LANY go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 2 October 2020.