40 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom37 Events
- Oct 20Oct20Find ticketsWed 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowJLS
- Oct 21Oct21Find ticketsThu 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowJLS
- Oct 22Oct22Find ticketsFri 18:00Utilita Arena Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneJLSLow Availability
- Oct 23Oct23Find ticketsSat 18:00Resorts World Arena - BirminghamJLS
- Oct 25Oct25Find ticketsMon 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffJLSLow Availability
- Oct 26Oct26Find ticketsTue 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffJLSLow Availability
- Oct 28Oct28Find ticketsThu 18:30Sheffield Arena - SheffieldJLS
- Oct 28Oct28Find ticketsThu 18:30Sheffield Arena - SheffieldJLS - Hospitality Experiences
- Oct 28Oct28Find ticketsThu 18:30Sheffield Arena - SheffieldJLS - On-site Arena Car Parking
- Oct 29Oct29Find ticketsFri 18:30Sheffield Arena - SheffieldJLS
- Oct 29Oct29Find ticketsFri 18:30Sheffield Arena - SheffieldJLS - Hospitality Experiences
- Oct 29Oct29Find ticketsFri 18:30Sheffield Arena - SheffieldJLS - On-site Arena Car Parking
- Oct 30Oct30Find ticketsSat 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsJLS
- Oct 31Oct31Find ticketsSun 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffJLSLow Availability
- Nov 02Nov02Find ticketsTue 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolJLS
- Nov 03Nov03Find ticketsWed 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolJLS
- Nov 06Nov06Find ticketsSat 18:00Utilita Arena Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneJLS
- Nov 08Nov08Find ticketsMon 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonJLSLow Availability
The boys are back and feeling the beat again
JLS broke through in 2008 after appearing on TV screens across the UK in the fifth series of The X Factor. The boy band made it all the way to the finals – where a tense, nail-biting showdown saw them place second to soul singer Alexandra Burke.
Comprised of Aston Merrygold, Oritsé Williams, Jonathan “JB” Gill and Marvin Humes, they’d formed only a year earlier under the name UFO (which stood for “Unique Famous Outrageous). Combining the hallmark sounds of pop, urban and R&B, it wasn’t long before they renamed themselves Jack The Lad Swing, a combination of “Jack the lad” (a cheeky guy who likes the ladies) and “new jack swing” (a twist on r&b that was at its peak in the 80s and 90s). This eventually got shortened to simply JLS.
Despite not winning The X Factor, JLS were signed to Epic Records and released their first single Beat Again in 2009. It debuted at No.1 on the UK singles chart and became their biggest hit, with over 574,000 copies sold in the country to date.
Later that same year, JLS dropped their self-titled debut album, which rocketed straight to the top of the UK albums chart. Along with Beat Again, it contained hits Everybody In Love and One Shot and propelled them into noughties pop stardom.
JLS went on to release three more studio albums: 2010’s Outta This World, 2011’s Jukebox and 2012’s Evolution. But in making a decision to go out on top, the boys went their separate ways after their Goodbye: The Greatest Hits compilation album and ensuing arena tour in 2013.
Throughout their career, they've sold over six million albums and received two BRIT Awards in 2010 for New Artist and British Single courtesy of Beat Again. In total, the band have scored five No.1 singles (the most for any X Factor act).
After six years following their solo paths, Aston, Oritisé, JB and Marvin announced their reunion. In late 2019, they shared plans to hit the road with the Beat Again Tour. In March 2021, JLS confirmed that these comeback shows had been rescheduled, with the dates now set to take place in October and November 2021.
In 2019 JLS announced they are getting back together to bring their Beat Again Tour across the UK. Those tour dates have been rescheduled to 20 October – 27 November 2021.
The 2021 Beat Again Tour will stop in the following cities (some for multiple shows):
Tickets for JLS' 2021 UK tour dates are on sale now. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled dates.
The four members of JLS are:
- Aston Merrygold is from Peterborough
- Marvin Humes is from Greenwich
- Jonathan “JB” Gill is from Croydon
- Oritsé Williams is from London
It was Oritsé Williams who first decided to form a boy band in 2007. Shortly after he partnered with his friend Marvin Humes and then they added Aston Merrygold, followed by JB Gill. Originally the band was called UFO.
JLS stands for “Jack The Lad Swing”.
JLS became famous after coming in as runners-up on the fifth series of The X Factor.
JLS are best known for the following songs which were all UK No.1 hits:
- Everybody In Love
- Beat Again
- She Makes Me Wanna
- One Shot
- Love You More
JLS officially announced they were debanding on 24 April 2013 with a statement on their website thanking all the fans for supporting them over the years. In other comments made, members explained that just they wanted to go out on top and try new things.
That would be Jonathan “JB” Gill. An animal lover, he converted his home into a working farm and has even appeared on the TV show Countryfile.