17 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom16 Events
- Mar 14 2022Mar142022Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneJake Bugg
- Mar 15 2022Mar152022Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsJake Bugg
- Mar 17 2022Mar172022Find ticketsThu 19:00Bonus Arena, Hull - HullJake Bugg
- Mar 18 2022Mar182022Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterJake Bugg
- Mar 19 2022Mar192022Find ticketsSat 19:00Octagon - SheffieldJake Bugg
- Mar 21 2022Mar212022Find ticketsMon 19:00Edinburgh Corn Exchange - EdinburghJake Bugg
- Mar 23 2022Mar232022Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowJake Bugg
- Mar 24 2022Mar242022Find ticketsThu 19:00Ulster Hall Belfast - BelfastJake Bugg
- Mar 27 2022Mar272022Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamJake Bugg
- Mar 28 2022Mar282022Find ticketsMon 19:00Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichJake Bugg
- Mar 30 2022Mar302022Find ticketsWed 18:30Rock City - NottinghamJake BuggLimited Availability
- Mar 31 2022Mar312022Find ticketsThu 19:00Cardiff University Students Union - CardiffJake Bugg
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 18:30O2 Academy Bristol - BristolJake Bugg
- Apr 03 2022Apr032022Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Academy Oxford - OxfordJake Bugg
- Apr 04 2022Apr042022Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonJake Bugg
- Apr 05 2022Apr052022Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonJake Bugg
International Events1 Events
- Mar 25 2022Mar252022Find ticketsFri 19:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin, IrelandJake Bugg
Critically acclaimed Nottingham troubadour
Jake Bugg’s route to the top was one steeped in the classics. Equal parts Britpop swagger and Dylan-esque poetic romanticism, the Nottingham-born singer songwriter was only 17 when his music started to turn heads. A track uploaded to BBC Introducing got him airplay in his native East Midlands, which in turn led to a slot at Glastonbury and support slots with Lana Del Ray and fellow Introducing alumnus Michael Kiwanuka.
Bugg was paired with Snow Patrol and Reindeer Section acolyte Iain Archer for his self-titled 2012 debut. The sullen, shaggy-haired youth staring out from the sepia-toned cover belied a remarkably assured talent within. Bugg’s songs with Archer folded rock’s building blocks of blues and folk into deceptively simple songs, touching on classics from The Hollies to The La’s along the way.
Singles Lightning Bolt and Trouble Town marked the teenager as more the finished article than a prospect. The latter went on to be used as the theme song to Sally Wainwright’s hit TV series Happy Valley. Nominations for the BRIT Awards and the Mercury Music Prize followed.
For his second album, Bugg decamped to America to record with producer extraordinaire Rick Rubin. Named after Rubin’s studio, Shangri La found Bugg embracing a more electrified sound than his debut, the presence of Elvis Costello's drummer Pete Thomas and Bugg’s popped collar on the cover signalling a defiant turn towards classic rock n’ roll.
A more remarkable about turn occurred on Bugg’s third record, 2016’s electronic-tinged On My One, recorded with another in-demand producer in Jacknife Lee (The Killers, U2, R.E.M.). Reviews paled in comparison to his previous albums.
Album number four found Bugg in Nashville with Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys. Together, the two recorded Bugg’s fourth full-length, Hearts That Strain. Released in 2017, it showcased Bugg’s love for classic pop songwriters such as Lee Hazelwood and Jimmy Webb, alongside his devotion to Dylan and the British invasion sounds of The Hollies and Gerry & The Pacemakers. That November, Bugg became the shirt sponsor for a month of his beloved Notts County.
In 2020, Bugg released three new songs Rabbit Hole, Saviour Of The City and All I Need, teasing the possibility of a new album. That was later confirmed as his fifth full length, Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.
In March 2021, Jake Bugg announced news of a UK tour set for March and April 2022, including gigs in Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham, Norwich, Cardiff, Oxford and London.
Jake Bugg announces UK tour and new album
Nottingham singer songwriter Jake Bugg has announced a UK-wide tour in support of his upcoming album, Saturday Night, Sunday Morning. The album, Bugg's fifth, is set for release on 20 August 2021.
Jake Bugg has announced a UK tour beginning on 14 March 2022.
Jake Bugg has announced a tour in March and April 2022, stopping in the following UK cities:
Tickets for Jake Bugg's 2022 shows go on sale from 09:00 on Friday, 26 March 2021.