27 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom18 Events
- Aug 14Aug14Sat 16:00Audley End - EssexHeritage Live - Van Morrison plus very special guests The WaterboysFind ticketsAudley End - EssexHeritage Live - Van Morrison plus very special guests The WaterboysAug 14 16:00Find tickets
- Aug 28Aug28Find ticketsSat 15:30Haydock Park Racecourse - Newton-Le-WillowsTom Jones Live at Haydock ParkLow Availability
- Sep 16Sep16Find ticketsUntil Sep 19Isle of Wight Festival - NewportIsle of Wight Festival 2021
- Sep 19Sep19Find ticketsSun 12:00Isle of Wight Festival - NewportIsle of Wight 2021 - Sunday Ticket
- Sep 19Sep19Sun 12:00Isle of Wight Festival - NewportIsle of Wight 2021 - Sunday Ticket (Accessible)Find ticketsIsle of Wight Festival - NewportIsle of Wight 2021 - Sunday Ticket (Accessible)Sep 19 12:00Find tickets
- Apr 04 2022Apr042022Find ticketsMon 19:00Symphony Hall - BirminghamImelda May
- Apr 05 2022Apr052022Find ticketsTue 19:00Royal Concert Hall Notts - NottinghamImelda May
- Apr 06 2022Apr062022Find ticketsWed 19:00York Barbican - YorkImelda May
- Apr 08 2022Apr082022Find ticketsFri 19:00Cambridge Corn Exchange - CambridgeImelda May
- Apr 09 2022Apr092022Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonImelda May
- Apr 10 2022Apr102022Find ticketsSun 19:00Brighton Dome - BrightonImelda May
- Apr 12 2022Apr122022Find ticketsTue 19:00Bath Forum - BathImelda May
- Apr 13 2022Apr132022Find ticketsWed 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaImelda May
- Apr 14 2022Apr142022Find ticketsThu 19:00The London Palladium - LondonImelda May
- Apr 16 2022Apr162022Find ticketsSat 19:00Assembly Rooms - EdinburghImelda May
- Apr 17 2022Apr172022Find ticketsSun 19:00Glasgow Royal Concert Hall - GlasgowImelda May
- Apr 18 2022Apr182022Find ticketsMon 19:00Bridgewater Hall - ManchesterImelda May
- May 01 2022May012022Find ticketsSun 20:00Waterfront Hall Auditorium - BelfastImelda May
International Events9 Events
The revered Irish rockabilly revivalist
Born Imelda Mary Clabby and raised in The Liberties area of Dublin, the singer-songwriter known professionally as Imelda May has become one of Ireland’s most acclaimed musicians. In addition to being honoured as Female Artist Of The Year at the 2009 Meteor Awards and Artist Of The Year at the 2017 Irish Post Awards, she’s performed duets with the likes of Lou Reed, Elvis Costello, Robert Plant, Van Morrison and Jack Savoretti, plus counts Bob Dylan and Bono among her fans.
May started singing at the age of nine. She was inspired by the voices of Eddie Cochran, Billie Holliday and Gene Vincent as well as drawn to blues and the rebellious nature of rockabilly music. By the time she was 16, May was performing in pubs near Grafton Street. In the late 1990s she moved to London and appeared in burlesque revues.
May self-recorded and released her debut album No Turning Back in 2003 under the name Imelda Clabby. Shortly after, she joined Blue Harlem and her sensational vocal abilities led them to become one of London’s top swing bands.
In 2007, her debut album was re-recorded and released under her adopted stage name Imelda May. She was signed by Universal in 2008 and revealed her sophomore album Love Tattoo, which went triple platinum and became the best-selling record of modern UK chart history by a homegrown female Irish artist.
May also supported Jools Holland’s rhythm and blues ensemble on tour in 2008 and later landed a spot on his popular BBC TV programme Later… With Jools Holland, where she gained wider recognition across the UK.
Her third and fourth albums, 2010’s Mayhem and 2014’s Tribal, received largely positive critical acclaim. Her fifth studio album, 2017’s Life Love Flesh Blood, debuted at No.2 in the Irish albums chart and landed at No.5 in the UK albums chart. All of these albums further established May’s unique sound mixing guitars, blues and rockabilly as well as her unmistakable retro style.
In the following couple of years, she featured on albums and in live tours with Jeff Goldblum and Ronnie Wood. Her debut poetry EP Slip Of The Tongue was unveiled in summer 2020, with the poem entitled You Don’t Get To Be Racist And Irish receiving global recognition as well as being featured in the Irish government’s ReThink Ireland billboard campaign.
On May’s sixth album, she collaborated with Wood, Noel Gallagher, Miles Kane and Niall McNamee as well as showcased contributions from feminist activists like Gina Martin and Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu. Entitled 11 Past The Hour, she confirmed its arrival for 16 April 2021 and announced the 12-city Made To Love UK tour for April 2022 to perform the new music along with other celebrated tracks.
Imelda May announces 2022 UK tour
The Irish singer-songwriter is bringing her Made To Love tour to the UK from 4 – 18 April 2022. Tickets go on sale from 10:00 on Friday 23 April 2021.
Imelda May is performing at the Isle Of Wight Festival in 2021 and will be touring the UK from 4 – 18 April 2022 in support of her sixth studio album 11 Past The Hour.
Imelda May is in the line-up for 2021's Isle Of Wight Festival at Newport, Isle Of Wight.
She'll be visiting the following UK cities in 2022 with her Made To Love tour:
Tickets for Imelda May’s 2022 UK tour dates go on sale from 10:00 on Friday 23 April 2021. Tickets for her 2021 Isle Of Wight Festival appearance are on sale now.