TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 Your Ticketmaster Gift Card or e-Gift Card ("Gift Card") is issued by Ticketmaster UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 02662632) whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Regent Arcade House, 19-25 Argyll Street, London W1F 7TS, with VAT registration number GB766098489 ("Ticketmaster", " we", "us", "our").
- 1.2 Unless stated otherwise in this these Terms and Conditions, all Terms and Conditions which apply to Gift Cards also apply to e-Gift Cards.
- 1.3 The Gift Card contains the monetary value which was paid, in advance, at the point of purchase. It is not a credit card, charge card, cheque guarantee card, or debit card and the balance on your Card will not earn any interest.
- 1.4 Your Gift Card is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of activation. You will not be able to use your Gift Card once it has expired or claim a refund of any unused funds.
- 1.5 Your Gift Card has no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 1.6 To purchase Gift Card(s) from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- 1.7 The Gift Card cannot be combined with any gift certificates or other coupons without our prior written approval, unless combined in a manner as set out in clause 4.6 of these Terms and Conditions. Gift Cards may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or promotional activities without our prior written approval and may not be sold other than through our authorised channels. We reserve the right to limit quantities of Gift Cards purchased by any person or entity. We further reserve the right to cancel a Gift Card if we believe that the Gift Card was obtained through fraudulent or unauthorised means.
- 2.1 Any purchase of a Gift Card from us is subject to:
- (a) these Terms and Conditions; and
- (b) any special Terms and Conditions which may be displayed on our website.
- 2.2 Your contract for purchase of a Gift Card starts once we have confirmed your purchase and expires upon
- (a) you spending all of the balance of the Gift Card; or
- (b) your Gift Card expiring, whichever happens earlier
- (c) all purchases are subject to payment card verification and other security checks
- (d) your transaction may be cancelled if it has not passed our verification process.
3. CARD PURCHASE AND ACTIVATION
- 3.1 You can purchase a Gift Card from Ticketmaster by telephone on 0844 847 1640, online or in store at any participating retailer.
- 3.2 Your Gift Card will be activated and ready to use at the point of purchase. However, it may take up to three (3) working days for an e-Gift Card to be activated and ready to use.
4. WHAT CAN YOU BUY WITH YOUR CARD?
- 4.1 The Gift Card may only be used for purchases in the United Kingdom, online at www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by telephone on 0844 847 1640, of tickets to participating
events taking place in the UK and other event-related products ("Ticketmaster Products").
- 4.2 In Northern Ireland only you can also use your Gift Card (but not your e-Gift Card) at selected retailers
("Participating Outlets") to purchase Ticketmaster Products. A list of Participating Outlets in Northern
Ireland can be viewed online.
- 4.3 You cannot use your Gift Card to buy ticket insurance, to buy any goods or services other than Ticketmaster
Products or to buy any goods or services on any third party website, even if the website is linked
from Ticketmaster (e.g. www.ticketweb.co.uk).
- 4.4 Ticketmaster sells tickets and associated products and/or services on behalf of promoters, producers,
teams, performers and venues. We refer to these parties who organise or provide the event and/or
from whom we obtain tickets and/or associated products or services to sell to you as our "Event Partner".
- 4.5 We sell tickets allocated to us by Event Partners. The quantity and type of tickets allocated or
made available for sale by us varies on an event by event basis. Ticketmaster does not control this
inventory or its availability. Where Ticketmaster does not have an allocation of tickets of a particular
type (e.g. accessible tickets) for an event or an allocation of any tickets whatsoever for a particular
event, the Gift Card may not be used in relation to the relevant ticket type(s) or particular event(s).
- 4.6 A payment for Ticketmaster Products can be made partly using the Card and partly by other accepted
payment methods (for example, credit or debit cards). In respect of online purchases at www.ticketmaster.co.uk,
the full value of any unused funds remaining on the Gift Card must be exhausted before another payment
method will be accepted in respect of the remaining value of the transaction. In respect of telephone
purchases, the full value of any unused funds does not have to be exhausted before another payment
method will be accepted.
- 4.7 When using your Gift Card for online transactions you will need the 3 or 4 digit security number written on the reverse of the Gift Card in order to complete the transaction. In respect of e-Gift Card purchases, the 3 digit security number will be specified in the email which contains your e-Gift Card.
- 5.1 If you have purchased your Gift Card online or over the telephone, you can cancel your Gift Card purchase and
receive a full refund of the price paid for a period of fourteen (14) days beginning the day after
the date of delivery of your Gift Card (or activation of your e-Gift Card). Ticketmaster will also refund
any delivery charges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Gift Card to Ticketmaster,
if we request it.
- 5.2 To cancel your Gift Card purchase, please complete and submit our cancellation form,
telephone Customer Services on 0333 321 9999 or contact us.
Further details regarding your cancellation rights are set out in our cancellation information. You
will need to provide the order number given to you at the time of purchase, which can be found in
your order confirmation email.
- 5.3 Other than as set out above, we regret that Gift Cards cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
6. CHECK YOUR BALANCE
- 6.1 You can check the amount of unused funds you have left on your Gift Card online or by calling 0844 847 1640.
7. CARD SECURITY
- 7.1 You should treat the Gift Card as if it were cash. If you lose your Gift Card you may lose any unused funds on it in just the same way as if you lost your wallet.
- 7.2 Your Gift Card number and the three digit security number should be kept secret at all times and should not be disclosed to anyone other than to Ticketmaster or staff at Participating Outlets.
8. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, CANCEL OR REFUSE A TRANSACTION
- 8.1 Ticketmaster may cancel your Gift Card, or refuse a transaction if we suspect the Gift Card is being used fraudulently, or in an unauthorised or illegal manner, or if we have reason to believe that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- 8.2 Ticketmaster can terminate the agreement between us and refund any unused funds to you at any time if we give you thirty (30) days' notice.
9. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
10.1Ticketmaster will not accept liability for Gift Cards which are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission, unless Ticketmaster has caused this by its negligence.
10.2Ticketmaster will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused (including by us):
(a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us;
(b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence);
(c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions or your negligence.
10.3Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
11. UPDATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
11.1Ticketmaster may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will notify you of any change to these Terms and Conditions as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our website periodically for updates.
12. QUERIES AND COMPLAINTS
12.1If you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase, contact us, quoting your order number given to you in your confirmation email. Some complaints can take up to twenty-eight (28) days to resolve, but we will get back to you as soon as possible.
12.2If any dispute arises, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to you and us.
12.3Although this does not restrict your rights to pursue court proceedings, if we are unable to settle any dispute by negotiation within twenty-eight (28) days, you and we may attempt to settle it by mediation. To initiate mediation a party must give written notice to the other parties to the dispute requesting mediation. The mediation shall be conducted in accordance with the STAR Code of Practice and Dispute Resolution Procedure current at the date of the referral which sets out the procedures to be adopted, the process of selection of the mediator and the costs involved, and which terms are deemed incorporated into this agreement.
STAR can be contacted at:
PO Box 708
St Leonard's Place
Telephone: 01904 234737 (or +44 1904 234737 if calling from outside the UK)
12.4As an online trader, pursuant to European Union legislation, Ticketmaster also draws your attention to the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution platform, where you can access for further information about online dispute resolution. You can also email us at email@example.com
13.1Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy under this agreement by Ticketmaster shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy or preclude its exercise at any subsequent time.
13.2This agreement does not create any right enforceable by any person who is not a party to it under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 ("Act"), but does not affect any right or remedy that a third party has which exists or is available apart from that Act
13.3All of these Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and any disputes arising out of any transaction with Ticketmaster are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.