17 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom16 Events
- Apr 28 2022Apr282022Find ticketsThu 19:00Cardiff University Students Union - CardiffGary Numan
- Apr 30 2022Apr302022Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolGary Numan
- May 01 2022May012022Find ticketsSun 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonGary Numan
- May 02 2022May022022Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Institute Birmingham - BirminghamGary Numan
- May 05 2022May052022Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthGary Numan
- May 06 2022May062022Find ticketsFri 19:00Plymouth Pavilions - PlymouthGary Numan
- May 07 2022May072022Find ticketsSat 18:00SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonGary Numan
- May 09 2022May092022Find ticketsMon 19:00Edinburgh Corn Exchange - EdinburghGary Numan
- May 10 2022May102022Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowGary Numan
- May 11 2022May112022Find ticketsWed 18:30O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneGary Numan
- May 12 2022May122022Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsGary Numan
- May 14 2022May142022Find ticketsSat 19:00Royal and Derngate - NorthamptonGary Numan
- May 15 2022May152022Find ticketsSun 19:00Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichGary Numan
- May 16 2022May162022Find ticketsMon 19:00Rock City - NottinghamGary Numan
- May 18 2022May182022Find ticketsWed 19:00Albert Hall - ManchesterGary NumanLow Availability
- May 20 2022May202022Find ticketsFri 18:30O2 Academy Sheffield - SheffieldGary Numan
International Events1 Events
- May 24 2022May242022Find ticketsTue 19:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin, IrelandGary Numan
Synth rock pioneer
London-born Gary Anthony James Webb helped turn the UK’s budding new wave scene on its head in the late ’70s.
He launched his music career by starting the band Tubeway Army, who released their eponymous debut in 1978. At the time, he adopted stage names like Valerian for early gigs. In early 1979, Tubeway Army released their follow-up, Replicas, which topped the UK albums chart and spawned the No.1 hit Are “Friends” Electric?
A few months later Tubeway Army disbanded, so Webb embarked on a solo career under the name Gary Numan. His debut album The Pleasure Principle arrived in late 1979 and featured layers of analogue synthesisers complemented by futuristic lyrics. Powered by the hit singles Cars and Complex, it peaked at No.1 in the UK and Canada and No.9 in the US. Numan spent the following year on a sold-out world tour called The Touring Principle with an extravagant stage set that boasted revolving twin pyramids.
Numan became a huge star in the 1980s, releasing nine more albums that generated a steady stream of hit singles including We Are Glass, I Die: You Die, She’s Got Claws, Love Needs No Disguise and We Take Mystery (To Bed).
Over the next 25 years, Numan recorded ten more records, returning to prominence in 2017 with the No.2-charting LP Savage (Songs From A Broken World), a concept album set on an apocalyptic, post-global warming Earth. That spring, he received the Ivor Novello Inspiration Award for songwriting.
In early 2019, Numan announced he was working on new material and began revealing several tracks and song titles – Intruder, The End Of Dragons, I Am Screaming, Betrayed, Saints And Liars, The Chosen and The Gift – from his 21st album Intruder, which was eventually released in May 2021.
To coincide with the new album, Numan announced details of an extensive UK tour and a livestream event. Gary Numan's UK tour was scheduled for April and May 2022, with a livestream performance set for 17 June 2021.
Gary Numan has announced a UK tour for 2022, preceded by a livestream on 17 June 2021.
Gary Numan has announced UK shows in the following locations:
Tickets go on sale at 09:30 on 28 May 2021.