7 – 14 August 2022 / Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh
Edinburgh Summer Sessions
6 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom6 Events
- Aug 07 2022Aug072022Find ticketsPrinces Street Gardens - Edinburgh Lionel Richie Aug 07 2022 18:00Sun 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghLionel RichieLow Availability
- Aug 08 2022Aug082022Find ticketsPrinces Street Gardens - Edinburgh Michael Kiwanuka Aug 08 2022 18:00Mon 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghMichael KiwanukaLow Availability
- Aug 10 2022Aug102022Find ticketsPrinces Street Gardens - Edinburgh Tom Jones Aug 10 2022 18:00Wed 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghTom Jones
- Aug 11 2022Aug112022Find ticketsPrinces Street Gardens - Edinburgh Tom Jones Aug 11 2022 18:00Thu 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghTom Jones
- Aug 12 2022Aug122022Find ticketsPrinces Street Gardens - Edinburgh Simple Minds Aug 12 2022 18:00Fri 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghSimple Minds
- Aug 14 2022Aug142022Find ticketsPrinces Street Gardens - Edinburgh Travis Aug 14 2022 18:00Sun 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghTravis
Returning for 2022 with Tom Jones, Travis and more
Edinburgh Summer Sessions sprang into being in 2018 with an eclectic line-up that included Tom Jones, Paloma Faith, Kasabian and Brian Wilson.
Based in Princes Street Gardens in the heart of the Scottish capital, the festival endeavoured to bring big name acts from Scotland and further afield to Edinburgh for a series of concerts running alongside the Edinburgh International Festival.
The festival returned in 2019 with an equally diverse bunch of acts that included Florence + the Machine, CHVRCHES, Primal Scream, Madness, James and Lewis Capaldi.
The 2020 and 2021 iterations were rescheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In July 2021, the festival announced its planned return in August 2022, with a line-up including Lionel Richie, Michael Kiwanuka, Scottish megastars Simple Minds and Travis, and two shows from the returning Sir Tom Jones.
Tom Jones – The Welsh crooner has done it all – from country to rock ‘n’ roll, Bond themes to variety performances – and emerged with a staggering number of hits and a knighthood. He returns to Princes Street Gardens for two shows after his triumphant 2018 performance.
Michael Kiwanuka – The singer/songwriter and guitarist is a three-time Mercury Prize nominee and the winner of the BBC’s Sound Of 2012 award. His song Cold Little Heart was featured as the theme song to the HBO series Big Little Lies and he comes to Edinburgh on the back of his critically acclaimed third album Kiwanuka.
Lionel Richie – Lionel has had crowds dancing on the ceiling ever since his early days with the Commodores. After scoring a series of hits with the band in the '60s and '70s, he struck out on his own, resulting in huge hits such as Hello, Say You, Say Me, All Night Long (All Night) and Dancing On The Ceiling.
Travis – The Scottish quartet were one of the more unassuming success stories of the ’00s. Led by Fran Healy, they scored a string of hit singles including Sing, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?, Writing To Reach You and Driftwood. Their ninth album, 10 Songs, came out in 2020.
Simple Minds – The most successful Scottish rock band of all time will forever be associated with one image: Judd Nelson striding across a football pitch, one fist raised to the morning sky. That final shot of The Breakfast Club kick-started Simple Minds’ international fame via the huge hit Don’t You (Forget About Me).
The 2022 edition of Edinburgh Summer Sessions takes place between 7 and 14 August 2021.
Edinburgh Summer Sessions are in Princes Street Gardens in the centre of the city.
The confirmed acts for the 2022 festival are:
- Lionel Richie (7 August)
- Michael Kiwanuka (8 August)
- Tom Jones (10 and 11 August)
- Simple Minds (12 August)
- Travis (14 August)
Tickets for all the other previously announced acts are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Original tickets are valid for rescheduled dates.
No persons under the age of 5 are permitted.
Persons aged between 5 and 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over (one adult minimum per four persons aged between 5 and 15 years old).
If you’re attending with someone under 16 years old, you are encouraged to complete a guardianship form.
A challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the bars ensuring access is restricted to persons 18 and over. Proof of age may be required so please bring valid and current photographic ID.
Yes, customers can purchase accessible tickets online through Ticketmaster by selecting a Wheelchair/Ambulant Platform Access ticket.