15 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom14 Events
- Jul 22Jul22Find ticketsUntil Jul 25Henham Park - SuffolkLatitude 2021 - Weekend Tickets in Family Camping
- Jul 22Jul22Find ticketsUntil Jul 25Henham Park - SuffolkLatitude 2021 - Weekend Tickets in Standard Camping
- Sep 04Sep04Find ticketsSat 14:00O2 Ritz Manchester - ManchesterManchester Psych Fest 2021
- Feb 16 2022Feb162022Find ticketsWed 19:30Empire Music Hall - BelfastDry Cleaning
- Feb 18 2022Feb182022Find ticketsFri 19:00Summerhall - EdinburghDry CleaningOn partner site
- Feb 22 2022Feb222022Find ticketsTue 19:00Birmingham The Mill - BirminghamDry CleaningOn partner site
- Feb 23 2022Feb232022Find ticketsWed 19:00SWX - BristolDry Cleaning
- Feb 25 2022Feb252022Find ticketsFri 19:00Manchester Academy 2 - ManchesterDry CleaningOn partner site
- Feb 26 2022Feb262022Find ticketsSat 19:30Leadmill - SheffieldDry Cleaning
- Feb 27 2022Feb272022Find ticketsSun 19:00Nottingham Rescue Rooms - NottinghamDry CleaningLimited Availability
- Mar 01 2022Mar012022Find ticketsTue 19:30Wedgewood Rooms - PortsmouthDry CleaningOn partner site
- Mar 02 2022Mar022022Find ticketsWed 20:00Brighton Concorde 2 - BrightonDry CleaningOn partner site
- Mar 03 2022Mar032022Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonDry Cleaning
- Feb 14 2022Feb142022Find ticketsMon 19:00Arts Club - LiverpoolDry Cleaning
International Events1 Events
- Feb 15 2022Feb152022Find ticketsTue 19:30The Button Factory - Dublin, D2, IrelandDry CleaningLimited Availability
South London quartet play tense post-punk with wry, spoken word vocals
South London’s Dry Cleaning came together out of a sense of collaborative exploration, almost as if they became a band by mistake. Friends Tom Dowse (guitar), Nick Buxton (drums) and Lewis Maynard (bass) had played together in various projects before forming Dry Cleaning. Rehearsing out of Maynard’s mother’s garage, the trio worked on angular, jangly post-punk, drawing on influences from The Feelies to The Clean.
After meeting Florence Shaw at an exhibition, Dowse introduced her to some of the band’s work. Her interest piqued, Shaw returned with a copy of Michael Bernard Loggins’ Fears Of Your Life to read over the band’s music. Over time, Shaw began to write her own lyrics, delivering them in an engagingly idiosyncratic, detached, spoken-word style.
The band debuted in 2019 with the single Magic Of Meghan, an earnest ode to the Duchess of Sussex. The song was included on their EP Sweet Princess, earning the band almost instant acclaim and a 7.8 from Pitchfork. The clamour was only amplified later that year by the Boundary Road Snacks And Drinks EP, which received rave reviews from the likes of Stereogum and Paste. Both NME and DIY Mag earmarked the band as one of the most promising of the year.
The band signed to the respected 4AD imprint in 2020 and set about work on their debut album New Long Leg with producer John Parish (PJ Harvey, This Is The Kit, Sparklehorse). A new single Scratchcard Lanyard came out towards the end of 2020, with Strong Feelings following in early 2021, ahead of their debut’s April release.
In support of their debut album, Dry Cleaning announced UK tour dates for February and March 2022.
Dry Cleaning have announced UK tour dates for February and March 2022.
Dry Cleaning have announced UK tour dates in the following cities:
Tickets for Dry Cleaning's UK 2022 tour dates are on sale from 10:00 on Friday 26 March 2021.