Alternative and Indie
9 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom8 Events
- Feb 15 2022Feb152022Find ticketsO2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - Manchester Dropkick Murphys Feb 15 2022 18:00Tue 18:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterDropkick Murphys
- Feb 16 2022Feb162022Find ticketsO2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon Tyne Dropkick Murphys Feb 16 2022 18:00Wed 18:00O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneDropkick Murphys
- Feb 19 2022Feb192022Find ticketsThe Telegraph Building - Belfast Dropkick Murphys Feb 19 2022 19:00Sat 19:00The Telegraph Building - BelfastDropkick Murphys
- Feb 22 2022Feb222022Find ticketsThe SSE Hydro - Glasgow Dropkick Murphys Feb 22 2022 18:30Tue 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowDropkick Murphys
- Feb 23 2022Feb232022Find ticketsMotorpoint Arena Cardiff - Cardiff Dropkick Murphys Feb 23 2022 18:00Wed 18:00Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffDropkick Murphys
- Feb 24 2022Feb242022Find ticketsThe Brighton Centre - Brighton Dropkick Murphys Feb 24 2022 18:00Thu 18:00The Brighton Centre - BrightonDropkick Murphys
- Feb 25 2022Feb252022Find ticketsO2 Academy Birmingham - Birmingham Dropkick Murphys Feb 25 2022 18:00Fri 18:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamDropkick Murphys
- Feb 26 2022Feb262022Find ticketsSSE Arena, Wembley - London Dropkick Murphys Feb 26 2022 18:00Sat 18:00SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonDropkick MurphysLow Availability
International Events1 Events
- Feb 18 2022Feb182022Find tickets3Arena - Dublin, Ireland Dropkick Murphys Feb 18 2022 18:30Fri 18:303Arena - Dublin, IrelandDropkick Murphys
Boston outfit melding hardcore, punk and Celtic trad
Boston Celtic punk outfit Dropkick Murphys were founded in Boston in the mid 90s by guitarist Rick Barton and bassist Ken Casey along with original frontman Mike McColgan. Following the addition of drummer Matt Kelly and a few well-received EPs, the band released their debut album Do Or Die – produced by Rancid’s Lars Frederickson – in 1998.
McColgan departed to start the band Street Dogs and was replaced as the Dropkick Murphys’ singer by Al Barr in time for the band’s 1999 second album, The Gang’s All Here.
The early ’00s found the Murphys undergoing an overhaul, with Barton leaving and a whole host of new faces joining an expanded line-up, which now included Mark Orrell and James Lynch (both guitar), Spicy McHaggis (bagpipes), and Ryan Foltz (mandolin).
The new-look band’s first album together was 2001’s Sing Loud, Sing Proud, their first without producer Lars Frederickson. The next year, they released the incendiary live album Live On St Patrick’s Day From Boston, MA. Further line-up changes followed, with Foltz and McHaggis leaving and Scruffy Wallace (bagpipes) and Tim Brennan (accordion, tin whistle and mandolin) joining.
Blackout arrived in 2003, followed two years later by Warrior’s Code, which was given a boost when the song I’m Shipping Up To Boston was featured in Martin Scorsese’s Boston-set crime film The Departed.
The Pogues’ Spider Stacey and Ronnie Drew of The Dubliners added a dose of Irish authenticity to the band’s 2007 album The Meanest Of Times. Mark Orrell departed the following year and the band didn’t release another studio album until 2011’s concept album Going Out In Style.
A third live album, recorded at Boston’s hallowed Fenway Park, preceded the band’s eighth album, 2013’s Signed And Sealed In Blood. A four-year gap followed before The Dropkick Murphys returned with 11 Short Stories Of Pain & Glory in 2017.
Following an extensive tour, they headed straight back to the studio for their tenth album, but the sessions were interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Turn Up That Dial was eventually released in early 2021. To support the new album, Dropkick Murphys announced a UK tour for February 2022 with dates in Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham, Brighton, Cardiff, Belfast and London. The Interrupters were announced as support on all Dropkick Murphys UK dates.
Dropkick Murphys have announced UK tour dates in February 2022 in support of their 2021 album Turn Up That Dial.
Dropkick Murphys have announced 2022 UK tour dates in Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales in the following cities:
Support on all Dropkick Murphys UK tour dates will come from The Interrupters.
Tickets go on sale at 09:00 on Friday 7 May 2021.