Aussie indie trio known for their electro-pop hits and energetic performances
Having been part of other bands in their hometown of Sydney, DMA’S hung out together long before forming as a three-piece. Made up of Tommy O’Dell, Matt Mason and Johnny Took, they were originally called the Dirty Ma’s, until their manager suggested shortening it to D-Ma’s… which eventually morphed into DMA’S.
Following the success of their soft acoustic ballad Delete, the Aussie rock trio stormed onto the scene with their 2014 self-titled debut EP. Two years later they released their first full-length studio album, Hills End, reaching No.8 on the Australian albums chart, as well as receiving BRIT Certified Breakthrough status.
Continuing their successful streak, 2018’s follow-up For Now went one higher by landing at the No.7 position on the Australian albums chart. It earned three ARIA Music Award nominations for Best Group, Best Rock Album and Best Independent Release, plus reached No.13 on the UK albums chart. Later that year, DMA’S became one of the few Australian bands to play an MTV Unplugged session, performing an acoustic gig at Melbourne’s Memo Music Hall. The accolade was immortalised in an MTV Unplugged Live album that was released in July 2019.
Heavily influenced by Britpop music, DMA’S are often compared to bands like The Stone Roses and Oasis – not least owed to O’Dell's vocal similarities to Liam Gallagher. The band supported Gallagher on his 2019 UK tour dates, and also appeared on the line-up at several huge summer festivals including Isle Of Wight, TRNSMT and Citadel.
In July 2020, DMA’s unveiled their third studio album The Glow, recorded and mixed between West Hollywood and London with multiple Grammy award winner Stuart Price (Madonna, The Killers, New Order). Full of their signature anthemic hooks, The Glow added big beat dynamics and modern alt-pop flair to their melting pot of sound.
In support of The Glow, DMA’s announced a UK tour, including the band’s biggest London headline show to date at Alexandra Palace, for October 2021. In July 2021, they added even more shows to their huge run in October and November 2021.
DMA's 2021 tour dates
- 17 October 2021 – Greenock, Town Hall (just added)
- 18-19 October 2021 – Edinburgh, Corn Exchange
- 21 October 2021 – Norwich, UEA
- 22 October 2021 – Hull, Bonus Arena
- 23 October 2021 – Newcastle, Hit The North Festival
- 25 October 2021 – Southampton, O2 Guildhall
- 27 October 2021 – Bath, Pavilion
- 29 October 2021 – London, Alexandra Palace
- 30 October 2021 – Liverpool, M&S Bank Arena
- 1-3 November 2021 – Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse
- 5 November 2021 – Portsmouth, Guildhall (just added)
- 6 November 2021 – Cardiff, The Great Hall (just added)
- 7 November 2021 – Sheffield, O2 Academy (just added)
- 8 November 2021 – Birmingham, O2 Academy (just added)
- 10-11 November 2021 – Leeds, O2 Academy
- 13-14 November 2021 – Dublin, Academy
- 16 November 2021 – Belfast, Limelight (just added)
DMA's add more shows to their 2021 tour
The Aussie trio announced extra dates in Greenock, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Sheffield, Birmingham and Belfast this autumn! Tickets go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 30 July 2021.
DMA's are touring the UK from 17 October – 16 November 2021 in support of their new album The Glow.
DMA's are performing in the following cities in 2021:
- Greenock (new date)
- Portsmouth (new date)
- Cardiff (new date)
- Sheffield (new date)
- Birmingham (new date)
- Belfast (new date)
Tickets for all the DMA's extra 2021 tours dates go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 30 July 2021. All previously announced DMA's tour dates are on sale now. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled dates.