35 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom33 Events
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Sheffield - SheffieldDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced Soon
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Liverpool - LiverpoolDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced SoonLimited Availability
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Oxford - OxfordDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced Soon
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced Soon
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Leicester - LeicesterDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced Soon
- Mar 26Mar26Find ticketsFri 19:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichDeclan McKennaLimited Availability
- Mar 27Mar27Find ticketsSat 19:00Cambridge Junction - CambridgeDeclan McKenna
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Bristol - BristolDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced Soon
- Mar 30Mar30Find ticketsTue 19:00Cardiff University Students Union - CardiffDeclan McKenna
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Brixton - LondonDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced SoonLow Availability
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Brixton - LondonDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced Soon
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced SoonLimited Availability
- Apr 05Apr05Find ticketsMon 19:00Rock City - NottinghamDeclan McKenna
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced SoonLimited Availability
- Find ticketsO2 Academy Leeds - LeedsDeclan McKennaPostponed: Date Announced SoonLimited Availability
- Apr 09Apr09Find ticketsFri 19:00Albert Hall - ManchesterDeclan McKenna
- Apr 10Apr10Find ticketsSat 19:00Albert Hall - ManchesterDeclan McKenna
- Apr 12Apr12Find ticketsMon 19:00SWG3 - GlasgowÂDeclan McKenna *Postponed*On partner site
The British singer-songwriter announces 2021 tour dates
Declan McKenna - born 24 December 1998 - secured fame in 2015 with the self-release of his debut single Brazil and by winning the coveted Emerging Talent prize at the globally renowned Glastonbury Festival. Brazil established McKenna as a politically and socially driven songwriter, the track criticising FIFA's decision to hold the World Cup in a country struggling with vast economic injustice. Combined with his subsequent appearance on Glastonbury's William's Green Stage, Declan was dubbed one of the UK's most exciting new artists, ultimately signing a record deal with Columbia Records for the release of his debut full-length, What Do You Think About The Car? in 2017.
The album followed a handful of single and EP releases, including 2016's Stains and Liar, as well as a number of high profile live appearances including Field Day, The Great Escape Festival and Standon Calling. Towards the end of 2016, Declan was named on the BBC's Sound Of 2017 longlist, alongside Rag'n'Bone Man, Jorja Smith, Dave and Tom Grennan.
The release of What Do You Think About The Car? saw Declan McKenna look towards the United States, as well as landing him at No.11 on the official UK album chart. The same year he appeared at Coachella and Lollapalooza, as well as Reading and Leeds Festival in the UK. His album also secured him the BBC Introducing Artist Of The Year award.
Remaining relatively quiet for much of the following year, McKenna returned in 2019 with new single British Bombs - a comment on the hypocrisy of the British arms trade. The standalone single was followed by Beautiful Faces and The Key To Life On Earth in early 2020, both taken from his sophomore album ZEROS, released in August 2020. The record was preceded by a number of stripped back versions of recent singles. Listing the likes of David Bowie and Crosby, Stills and Nash as influences, McKenna described the record as a step forward in his ever-evolving sound.
In 2020, Declan McKenna announced a 2021 headline tour, kicking off in Norwich on 26 March 2021, and including a show at London's O2 Academy Brixton.
Declan McKenna has announced a UK tour in support of his album ZEROS in spring 2021.
Declan McKenna is performing in the following cities in 2021:
Declan McKenna was born in Greater London and raised in Hertfordshire.
Declan McKenna was born on 24 December 1998.
Declan McKenna has released a number of tracks including:
- Make Me Your Queen
- The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home
- British Bombs
- Beautiful Faces
- The Key To Life On Earth