31 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom29 Events
- Mar 19 2021Mar192021Find ticketsFri 18:30O2 Academy Sheffield - SheffieldDeclan McKenna
- Mar 20 2021Mar202021Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Liverpool - LiverpoolDeclan McKennaLow Availability
- Mar 22 2021Mar222021Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Oxford - OxfordDeclan McKenna
- Mar 23 2021Mar232021Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthDeclan McKenna
- Mar 24 2021Mar242021Find ticketsWed 18:30O2 Academy Leicester - LeicesterDeclan McKenna
- Mar 26 2021Mar262021Find ticketsFri 19:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichDeclan McKenna
- Mar 27 2021Mar272021Find ticketsSat 19:00Cambridge Junction - CambridgeDeclan McKenna
- Mar 28 2021Mar282021Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolDeclan McKennaLimited Availability
- Mar 30 2021Mar302021Find ticketsTue 19:00Cardiff University Students Union - CardiffDeclan McKenna
- Apr 01 2021Apr012021Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonDeclan McKennaLow Availability
- Apr 02 2021Apr022021Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonDeclan McKenna
- Apr 03 2021Apr032021Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamDeclan McKennaLow Availability
- Apr 05 2021Apr052021Find ticketsMon 19:00Rock City - NottinghamDeclan McKenna
- Apr 06 2021Apr062021Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneDeclan McKenna
- Apr 08 2021Apr082021Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsDeclan McKennaLow Availability
- Apr 09 2021Apr092021Find ticketsFri 19:00Albert Hall - ManchesterDeclan McKennaLimited Availability
- Apr 10 2021Apr102021Find ticketsSat 19:00Albert Hall - ManchesterDeclan McKennaLow Availability
- Apr 12 2021Apr122021Find ticketsMon 19:00SWG3 - GlasgowDeclan McKenna
- Apr 12 2021Apr122021Mon 19:00SWG3 - GlasgowDeclan McKennaOn partner siteFind tickets SWG3 - GlasgowDeclan McKennaApr 12 202119:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Apr 13 2021Apr132021Tue 19:00SWG3 - GlasgowDeclan McKennaOn partner siteFind tickets SWG3 - GlasgowDeclan McKennaApr 13 202119:00Find ticketsOn partner site
The British singer-songwriter announces 2021 tour dates
Declan McKenna - born 24 December 1998 - secured fame in 2015 with the self-release of his debut single Brazil and by winning the coveted Emerging Talent prize at the globally renowned Glastonbury Festival. Brazil established McKenna as a politically and socially driven songwriter, the track criticising FIFA's decision to hold the World Cup in a country struggling with vast economic injustice. Combined with his subsequent appearance on Glastonbury's William's Green Stage, Declan was dubbed one of the UK's most exciting new artists, ultimately signing a record deal with Columbia Records for the release of his debut full-length, What Do You Think About The Car? in 2017.
The album followed a handful of single and EP releases, including 2016's Stains and Liar, as well as a number of high profile live appearances including Field Day, The Great Escape Festival and Standon Calling. Towards the end of 2016, Declan was named on the BBC's Sound Of 2017 longlist, alongside Rag'n'Bone Man, Jorja Smith, Dave and Tom Grennan.
The release of What Do You Think About The Car? saw Declan McKenna look towards the United States, as well as landing him at No.11 on the official UK album chart. The same year he appeared at Coachella and Lollapalooza, as well as Reading and Leeds Festival in the UK. His album also secured him the BBC Introducing Artist Of The Year award.
Remaining relatively quiet for much of the following year, McKenna returned in 2019 with new single British Bombs - a comment on the hypocrisy of the British arms trade. The standalone single was followed by Beautiful Faces and The Key To Life On Earth in early 2020, both taken from his sophomore album Zeros, released in August 2020. The record was preceded by a number of stripped back versions of recent singles. Listing the likes of David Bowie and Crosby, Stills and Nash as influences, McKenna described the record as a step forward in his ever-evolving sound.
In 2020, Declan McKenna announced a 2021 headline tour, kicking off in Norwich on 26 March 2021, and including a show at London's O2 Academy Brixton.
Declan McKenna was born in Greater London and raised in Hertfordshire.
Declan McKenna was born on 24 December 1998.
Declan McKenna has released a number of tracks including:
- Make Me Your Queen
- The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home
- British Bombs
- Beautiful Faces
- The Key To Life On Earth
Declan McKenna released Zeros in August 2020.
Declan McKenna is performing in the following cities in 2021: