10 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom10 Events
- Oct 29Oct29Find ticketsFri 19:00New Theatre Oxford - OxfordClannad
- Oct 31Oct31Find ticketsSun 19:00St David's Hall - CardiffClannad
- Nov 02Nov02Find ticketsTue 20:00Cambridge Corn Exchange - CambridgeClannad
- Nov 03Nov03Find ticketsWed 19:00York Barbican - YorkClannad
- Nov 03Nov03Find ticketsWed 19:00York Barbican - YorkClannad - VIP Packages
- Nov 04Nov04Find ticketsThu 20:00Usher Hall - EdinburghClannad
- Nov 08Nov08Find ticketsMon 19:00Brighton Dome - BrightonClannad
- Nov 09Nov09Find ticketsTue 20:00Victoria Hall - Stoke-On-TrentClannad
- Nov 10Nov10Find ticketsWed 19:00The London Palladium - LondonClannadLow Availability
Celebrating 50 years of vocal harmonies with a farewell tour
Over 50 years, the ethereal Irish folk group Clannad have created timeless music, such as In A Lifetime, Theme From Harry’s Game and I Will Find You – featured in the film The Last Of The Mohicans – as well as the soundtrack for the mid ’80s TV series Robin Of Sherwood. Formed in County Donegal in 1970 by siblings Moya, Ciarán and Pól Brennan and their uncles Pádraig (who has since passed away) and Noel Duggan, they took their name from the Irish word “clannad”, meaning family in Gaelic.
The multi award-winning band have led the way in bringing Irish culture to a global audience. Fusing elements of traditional Irish music with contemporary folk, new age and rock, they’ve created an otherworldly sound that combines haunting melodies and mesmerising vocals to transcend concepts such as time, trends and genres.
In 1973, Clannad released their self-titled debut album came out and represented Ireland in the heat stages of that year’s Eurovision Song Contest. Since then, the band has released 14 more albums, with their most recent being 2013’s Nádúr (Gaelic for nature) which contained their first new material since 1998.
Over the years Clannad have collaborated with an array of artists including Bruce Hornsby, Steve Perry, Paul Young and U2’s Bono, who has called singer Moya “one of the greatest voices the human ear has ever experienced”.
Having sold 15 million records worldwide and with eight Top 10 UK albums to their name, in 2020, Clannad announced the In A Lifetime: The Farewell World Tour for March 2021. The tour included nine shows on the UK tour.
Clannad are bringing their In A Lifetime: The Farewell World Tour to the UK from 9 – 19 March 2021.
In 2021 Clannad are celebrating their 50-year career by performing in the following UK cities:
Tickets for Clannad’s 2021 UK tour are on sale now.