Rap and Hip-Hop
5 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom4 Events
- 05/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Shepherds Bush Empire - London Chip Apr 05 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - LondonChip
- 07/04/2022Find ticketsManchester Academy 2 - Manchester Chip Apr 07 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00Manchester Academy 2 - ManchesterChipLow Availability
- 08/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Institute2 Birmingham - Birmingham Chip Apr 08 2022 18:00Friday 18:00O2 Institute2 Birmingham - BirminghamChipLow Availability
- 09/04/2022Find ticketsSouthampton Engine Rooms - Southampton Chip Apr 09 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00Southampton Engine Rooms - SouthamptonChip
International Events1 Events
- 12/04/2022Find ticketsThe Academy - Dublin, Ireland Chip Apr 12 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00The Academy - Dublin, IrelandChip
North London grime heavyweight
Highly regarded by many of the world’s top music artists, Chip (born Jahmaal Noel Fyffe) is not only at the forefront of the grime scene, but he’s also broken through across the pond.
The multi-talented rapper was born in London’s North Middlesex Hospital to parents who emigrated from Jamaica. Although he was raised in a household filled with the music of Michael Jackson, James Brown and numerous reggae artists, Chip’s tastes began to lean towards the underground scene, with garage being a starting point for what would later become grime.
He recorded his first mixtape, Wot Eva The Weather Vol. 1, in 2005 using the moniker Chipmunk, a nickname given to him by a friend. In 2006, at the age of 16, he released the underground smash hit Who Are You?, in which he declared “I am the grime scene saviour”.
Chip’s big break came in 2007 when Wiley bought one of his mixtapes and invited him to appear as a guest MC on Tim Westwood’s Radio 1 show. Later that year, Chip unveiled his critically acclaimed mixtape League Of My Own.
Named Best Newcomer at the 2008 MOBO Awards, he released his debut album I Am Chipmunk in 2009 and it spawned four consecutive top 10 hits: Diamond Rings, Oopsy Daisy, Look For Me and Until You Were Gone. Less than two years later, he would release the mammoth anthem Champion featuring Chris Brown that won him an Urban Music Award for Best Collaboration.
Since then Chip has worked numerous artists from JME and Ella Mai to Iggy Azalea, Trae Tha Truth and T.I. while releasing three more studio albums – 2011’s Transition, 2017’s League Of My Own II and 2018’s Ten10. He also joined with Skepta and Young Adz in 2020 to create the collaborative album Insomnia.
In late January 2021, Chip revealed his landmark new mixtape Snakes & Ladders, further adding collaborations with D-Block Europe, Headie One, Mavado, Mostack, Tiwa Savage and Young M.A to his impressive roster. In addition, he announced a UK tour in September 2021 to support the new record.
Chip will be taking his brand new record Snakes & Ladders on tour from 7 – 15 September 2021.
Chip will be playing the following UK cities in 2021:
Tickets for Chip's tour dates in 2021 are on sale now.