10 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom10 Events
- Nov 06 2021Nov062021Sat 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsLow AvailabilityFind ticketsM&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 06 202118:30Find tickets
- Nov 08 2021Nov082021Mon 18:00Utilita Arena Birmingham - BirminghamBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsUtilita Arena Birmingham - BirminghamBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 08 202118:00Find tickets
- Nov 09 2021Nov092021Tue 19:30AO Arena - ManchesterBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsAO Arena - ManchesterBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 09 202119:30Find tickets
- Nov 11 2021Nov112021Thu 18:30Bonus Arena, Hull - HullBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsLow AvailabilityFind ticketsBonus Arena, Hull - HullBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 11 202118:30Find tickets
- Nov 12 2021Nov122021Fri 18:30Motorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsMotorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 12 202118:30Find tickets
- Nov 14 2021Nov142021Sun 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsThe Brighton Centre - BrightonBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 14 202118:30Find tickets
- Nov 16 2021Nov162021Tue 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsMotorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 16 202118:30Find tickets
- Nov 18 2021Nov182021Find ticketsThu 18:30The O2 - LondonBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The Odds
- Nov 20 2021Nov202021Sat 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsThe SSE Hydro - GlasgowBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 20 202118:30Find tickets
- Nov 21 2021Nov212021Sun 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsFind ticketsFirst Direct Arena - LeedsBlondie with special guest Garbage - Against The OddsNov 21 202118:00Find tickets
Debbie Harry-fronted NYC outfit who have topped the charts across three decades
Blondie mark the point where the NYC new wave and punk scene moved from the margins to the mainstream. With the magnetic presence of Debbie Harry front and centre and a magpie attitude to style and genre, Blondie exploded out of the CBGBs crowd, straight to the top of the charts.
Formed by Debbie Harry and Chris Stein in 1974, the band’s initial line-up was rounded out by bassist Gary Valentine, keyboardist Jimmy Destri and drummer Clem Burke. Blondie released their self-titled debut two years later, marrying the pop sensibilities of '50s and '60s girl groups with the aggression and energy of punk and the cool detachment of new wave. Valentine left shortly after, replaced by Frank Infante.
Following their debut, Blondie signed to a major label almost immediately and released their second album Plastic Letters early in 1978. The band’s popularity exploded, mainly down to the singles Denis and the imaginatively parenthesised (I’m Always Touched By Your) Presence, Dear. Englishman Nigel Harrison joined on bass, and Infante switched to guitar.
Parallel Lines took the band’s US and UK popularity and sent it global, with the helping hand of British producer Mike Chapman. Picture This and a popified cover of The Nerves’ Hanging On The Telephone lingered near the top of the charts but it was Heart Of Glass that went to No.1 on both sides of the Atlantic. The album yielded even more hits in the shape of Sunday Girl and One Way Or Another.
The band’s fourth album Eat To The Beat followed in 1980, giving the band yet another No.1 single with Atomic. The band scored another No.1 on both sides of the Atlantic with Call Me, and a third with The Tide Is High, the first single from their fifth album Autoamerican.
In 1982, following the band’s sixth album The Hunter, Chris Stein became seriously ill, leading to the band breaking up. Harry embarked on a solo career, but Blondie eventually reformed as a quartet (Harry, Stein, Destri and Burke) in 1998 and released No Exit the following year. Two more studio albums – The Curse Of Blondie and Panic Of Girls – followed in 2003 and 2011.
In 2017, Blondie teamed up with Grammy-winning producer John Congleton (St Vincent, Angel Olsen, The Walkmen) for their 11th studio album Pollinator, featuring guest appearances from Charli XCX, Johnny Marr, Joan Jett and Nick Valensi of The Strokes.
On 20 October 2020, the band announced a run of 10 UK gigs for November 2021 – the first Blondie UK tour in four years. Support for Blondie's 2021 UK tour was confirmed as alt-rockers Garbage, fronted by the enigmatic Shirley Manson.
"Next year’s UK tour is more meaningful to me perhaps than the very first time Blondie played there in the mid '70s," said Harry. "The UK has always been a special place to us, and being able to come back to perform there after sitting out most of 2020 is very exciting."
Blondie 2021 UK tour dates
- 6 November 2021 – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- 8 November 2021 – Utilita Arena, Birmingham
- 9 November 2021 – AO Arena, Manchester
- 11 November 2021 – Bonus Arena, Hull
- 12 November 2021 – Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- 14 November 2021 – The Brighton Centre
- 16 November 2021 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 18 November 2021 – The O2 Arena, London
- 20 November 2021 – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- 21 November 2021 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
Blondie bring their Against The Odds tour to the UK from 6 – 21 November 2021.
Blondie will perform in 10 UK cities in 2021 including the following:
Blondie will be supported by Garbage on their 2021 UK Against The Odds tour.
Tickets for Blondie's Against The Odds tour with Garbage go on general sale from 10:00 on Friday 23 October 2020.