Black Stone Cherry
16 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom16 Events
- Sep 09Sep09Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 10Sep10Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 11Sep11Find ticketsSat 19:00Engine Shed - LincolnBlack Stone CherryLimited Availability
- Sep 13Sep13Find ticketsMon 19:00Rock City - NottinghamBlack Stone CherryLimited Availability
- Sep 14Sep14Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsBlack Stone Cherry
- Sep 16Sep16Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Apollo Manchester - ManchesterBlack Stone Cherry
- Sep 17Sep17Find ticketsFri 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 18Sep18Find ticketsSat 19:00Usher Hall - EdinburghBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 20Sep20Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 21Sep21Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Liverpool - LiverpoolBlack Stone Cherry
- Sep 23Sep23Find ticketsThu 19:00Leas Cliff Hall - FolkestoneBlack Stone CherryLimited Availability
- Sep 24Sep24Find ticketsFri 19:00St David's Hall - CardiffBlack Stone Cherry
- Sep 25Sep25Find ticketsSat 19:00The Great Hall, Exeter - ExeterBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 27Sep27Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
- Sep 28Sep28Find ticketsTue 19:00Cambridge Corn Exchange - CambridgeBlack Stone CherryLimited Availability
- Sep 29Sep29Find ticketsWed 19:00Royal Albert Hall - LondonBlack Stone CherryLow Availability
The Southern rockers reveal seventh album and UK tour
Black Stone Cherry are “four rock’n’roll dudes”, as described by lead vocalist Chris Robertson, who founded the band in 2001 with long-time friend and drummer John Fred Young. Joining forces with Jon Lawhon on bass and Ben Wells on guitar, they started out playing hometown gigs in Edmonton, Kentucky.
Embracing their Southern rock roots while infusing elements of blues, soul and funk, Black Stone Cherry burst onto the music scene in 2006 with their eponymous debut album which produced three big singles: Rain Wizard, Lonely Train and Hell And High Water. That first record set the model for many of Black Stone Cherry’s future releases. The 13 tracks (their lucky number) featured songwriting contributions from each member.
When their follow-up album, Folklore And Superstition, came out in 2008, it reached the No.1 position on the UK Rock Albums Chart and became an instant hit with audiences and critics.
In the years that followed, Black Stone Cherry embraced the road. From the onset, the band took a raw, no-nonsense approach to their live shows that won them a global legion of fans. Their energetic sets often last for over two hours.
Four more albums were recorded in the 2010s, including 2011’s Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea, 2014’s Magic Mountain and 2016’s Kentucky, named for their home state.
Always adamant about being friends first and a band second, Black Stone Cherry’s sixth studio album, 2018’s Family Tree, focused on that tight connection between the boys from the back woods. In keeping with that theme, the record featured special guest contributions from Robertson’s five-year-old son on You Got The Blues and Warren Haynes of the Allman Brothers Band on Dancing In The Rain.
In between albums, Black Stone Cherry have recorded two EPs that are dear to their hearts. On 2017’s Black To Blues and 2019’s Black To Blues Volume 2, the band applied their patented rip-roaring style to tunes by some of their blues heroes, such as Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, Freddie King and Otis Rush. Upon release, Black To Blues climbed straight into the No.1 spot on the Billboard Blues Chart.
In early August 2020, Black Stone Cherry released a new single Again and announced the arrival of their seventh studio album, The Human Condition, on 30 October 2020. A tour across the UK was announced for September 2021.
Black Stone Cherry have announced UK dates from 9 – 29 September 2021, ahead of the release of their seventh studio album The Human Condition.
Kris Barras Band will provide support for Black Stone Cherry on their September 2021 UK tour.
The members of Black Stone Cherry hail from Edmonton, Kentucky.
Black Stone Cherry is a four-piece made up of Chris Robertson, John Fred Young, Ben Wells and Jon Lawhon.
Black Stone Cherry’s sound falls somewhere between metal and Southern rock.
Black Stone Cherry have recorded the following studio albums:
- Black Stone Cherry (2006)
- Folklore And Superstition (2008)
- Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea (2011)
- Magic Mountain (2014)
- Kentucky (2016)
- Family Tree (2018)
- The Human Condition (2020)
Among Black Stone Cherry’s most popular songs are the following:
- Me And Mary Jane
- White Trash Millionaire
- Lonely Train
- Blame It On The Boom Boom
- Like I Roll
- Things My Father Said
- Hell And High Water