20 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom18 Events
- 23/07/2022Find ticketsWollaton Park - Nottingham Splendour in Nottingham Jul 23 2022 11:30Saturday 11:30Wollaton Park - NottinghamSplendour in Nottingham
- 03/02/2023Find ticketsSymphony Hall - Birmingham Belinda Carlisle Feb 03 2023 19:00Friday 19:00Symphony Hall - BirminghamBelinda Carlisle
- 04/02/2023Find ticketsSt David's Hall - Cardiff Belinda Carlisle Feb 04 2023 19:00Saturday 19:00St David's Hall - CardiffBelinda CarlisleLow Availability
- 06/02/2023Find ticketsPortsmouth Guildhall - Portsmouth Belinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour Feb 06 2023 19:00Monday 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthBelinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour
- 08/02/2023Find ticketsNew Theatre Oxford - Oxford Belinda Carlisle Feb 08 2023 18:30Wednesday 18:30New Theatre Oxford - OxfordBelinda Carlisle
- 11/02/2023Find ticketsRoyal Concert Hall Notts - Nottingham Belinda Carlisle Feb 11 2023 19:00Saturday 19:00Royal Concert Hall Notts - NottinghamBelinda CarlisleLow Availability
- 13/02/2023Find ticketsSouthend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-Sea Belinda Carlisle Feb 13 2023 19:00Monday 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaBelinda Carlisle
- 13/02/2023Find ticketsThe London Palladium - London Belinda Carlisle Feb 13 2023 19:00Monday 19:00The London Palladium - LondonBelinda CarlisleLow Availability
- 15/02/2023Find ticketsThe Great Hall, Exeter - Exeter Belinda Carlisle Feb 15 2023 19:00Wednesday 19:00The Great Hall, Exeter - ExeterBelinda Carlisle
- 17/02/2023Find ticketsManchester Academy - Manchester Belinda Carlisle Feb 17 2023 19:00Friday 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterBelinda Carlisle
- 18/02/2023Find ticketsUsher Hall - Edinburgh Belinda Carlisle Feb 18 2023 19:00Saturday 19:00Usher Hall - EdinburghBelinda Carlisle
- 20/02/2023Find ticketsYork Barbican - York Belinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour Feb 20 2023 19:00Monday 19:00York Barbican - YorkBelinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour
- 21/02/2023Find ticketsG Live Guildford - Guildford Belinda Carlisle Feb 21 2023 19:00Tuesday 19:00G Live Guildford - GuildfordBelinda CarlisleLow Availability
- 23/02/2023Find ticketsSage Gateshead - Gateshead Belinda Carlisle Feb 23 2023 19:00Thursday 19:00Sage Gateshead - GatesheadBelinda Carlisle
- 24/02/2023Friday 19:30Sheffield City Hall Oval Hall - SheffieldBelinda Carlisle - The Decades TourFind ticketsSheffield City Hall Oval Hall - Sheffield Belinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour Feb 24 2023 19:30Find ticketsSheffield City Hall Oval Hall - Sheffield Belinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour Feb 24 2023 19:30
- 25/02/2023Find ticketsCambridge Corn Exchange - Cambridge Belinda Carlisle Feb 25 2023 19:00Saturday 19:00Cambridge Corn Exchange - CambridgeBelinda Carlisle
- 29/07/2022Find ticketsKelvingrove Bandstand - Glasgow Summer Nights - Belinda Carlisle Jul 29 2022 18:30Friday 18:30Kelvingrove Bandstand - GlasgowSummer Nights - Belinda CarlisleLow Availability
International Events2 Events
- 14/07/2022Thursday 20:30Vicar Street - Dublin, D8, IrelandBelinda Carlisle - The Decades TourFind ticketsVicar Street - Dublin, D8, Ireland Belinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour Jul 14 2022 20:30Find ticketsVicar Street - Dublin, D8, Ireland Belinda Carlisle - The Decades Tour Jul 14 2022 20:30
- 15/07/2022Find ticketsCork Opera House - Cork, Ireland Belinda Carlisle Jul 15 2022 20:00Friday 20:00Cork Opera House - Cork, IrelandBelinda Carlisle
Celebrating 35 years as a solo artist
Singer-songwriter Belinda Carlisle possesses one of the most recognisable voices of the ’80s. Since making her mark as the frontwoman of The Go-Go’s, the first all-female rock band to top the Billboard charts, she’s gone on to have a long and successful solo career.
The oldest of seven children, Belinda Jo Carlisle was born in 1958 in Los Angeles. Her entry into the music industry began in the mid ’70s as the drummer of The Germs, however she dropped out before their first live show because she’d contracted mononucleosis. After recovering, Carlisle did some backup singing for the Hollywood punk rock band Black Randy And The Metrosquad.
In 1978 she co-founded a new band called The Misfits (not to be confused with Glenn Danzig's similarly named punk band) with friends Jane Wiedlin and Margot Olavarria. With the addition of Charlotte Caffey and Elissa Bello the following year, they changed their name to The Go-Go’s. By the start of 1980 Olavarria and Bello had departed, while Gina Schock and Kathy Valentine came onboard and a demo was recorded with Carlisle as the lead vocalist. The Go-Go’s debut album Beauty And The Beat arrived in 1981 – its first single Our Lips Are Sealed hit No.20 on the Billboard Hot 100 list and its second single We Got The Beat rose all the way to the No.2 spot.
The Go-Go’s sophomore album Vacation followed in 1982 and although it topped the charts, sales were disappointing. The band relocated to the UK to record their third album Talk Show, which was well received by critics but not as commercially successful as their debut.
Although The Go-Go’s sold more than seven million albums in three years and had become America’s sweethearts, creative differences and addiction problems eventually took a toll. By 1985, the band disbanded and Belinda Carlisle embarked on a solo career. Within a year, she’d released her debut album, simply titled Belinda, containing the hits Mad About You, I Feel The Magic and Since You’ve Gone.
Following a string of songs featured in film soundtracks – Shot In The Dark in 1986’s Out Of Bounds, In My Wildest Dreams in 1987’s Mannequin and Dancing In The City in 1987’s Burglar – Carlisle released her second album Heaven On Earth, which became a massive success thanks to the lead single Heaven Is A Place On Earth. Reaching the top five in both the US and UK, it was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Other hits from that album included Circle In The Sand, I Get Weak and I Feel Free.
Carlisle’s third studio album Runaway Horses came out in 1989 and spawned two further hits in Leave A Light On and Summer Rain. It was followed by Live Your Life Be Free in 1991 and Real in 1993. In 1994, she briefly reunited with The Go-Go's before returning to her solo career with her sixth album A Woman And A Man in 1996.
The Go-Go's reunited once more in 2001, resulting in their fourth album God Bless The Go-Go’s. Carlisle released her seventh solo album Voila in 2007, a collection of French pop songs, sung entirely in French. Carlisle then appeared on Dancing With The Stars in 2009 and in a West End production of Hairspray. In 2010, she published her autobiography Lips Unsealed, which became a New York Times bestseller. In addition to chronicling her solo career and time with The Go-Go’s, the book also covered her struggles with addiction.
More tours with The Go-Go's followed and the band received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2011. Carlisle returned to solo material once more in 2017 with Wilder Shores, a passion project inspired by Kundalini yoga.
In May 2020, Carlisle announced a solo UK tour for October 2021. In July 2020, she once again teamed up with her bandmates in The Go-Go's to release their first new single in almost 20 years.
Belinda Carlisle is making a special appearance at The Baths Hall in Scunthorpe on 29 July 2021 and also as part of Summer Nights at Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Bandstand on 30 July 2021. In October 2021 she is bringing The Decades Tour to the UK to celebrate 35 years as a solo artist.
Belinda Carlisle is bringing her 2021 tour to the following 16 UK cities:
- Bexhill on Sea
Belinda Carlisle is not touring with The Go-Go’s, but on 31 July 2020, the band are releasing the new track Club Zero. Created through emails exchanged between the members, this song is their first new material since the 2001 album God Bless The Go-Go’s. A documentary by Alison Ellwood entitled The Go-Go’s is also debuting on 1 August 2020.
Belinda Carlisle was born on 17 August 1958.
Belinda Carlisle was raised in Los Angeles, California.
Belinda Carlisle first joined the Germs (under the moniker Dottie Danger), followed by Black Randy And The Metrosquad. She co-founded The Misfits (not to be confused with Glenn Danzig's punk band Misfits), who went on to become The Go-Go’s.
Belinda Carlisle has released four albums with The Go-Go’s:
- Beauty And The Beat (1981)
- Vacation (1982)
- Talk Show (1984)
- God Bless The Go-Go’s (2001)
As a solo artist, Belinda Carlisle has released the following albums between 1986 and 2017:
- Heaven On Earth
- Runaway Horses
- Live Your Life Be Free
- A Woman And A Man
- Wilder Shores
As a solo artist, Belinda Carlisle is best known for the following songs:
- Mad About You
- I Get Weak
- Circle In The Sand
- Leave A Light On
- Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- We Can Change
- Where Love Hides
Belinda Carisle has been married to film producer Morgan Mason since 1986.
She has one son named James Duke Mason, who was born in 1992.