17 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom17 Events
- May 10 2021May102021Find ticketsMon 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolMcFlyLow Availability
- May 11 2021May112021Find ticketsTue 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowMcFly
- May 12 2021May122021Find ticketsWed 18:00Utilita Arena Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneMcFly
- May 14 2021May142021Find ticketsFri 18:30Motorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamMcFly
- May 15 2021May152021Find ticketsSat 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsMcFly
- May 16 2021May162021Find ticketsSun 19:30Manchester Arena - ManchesterMcFly
- May 18 2021May182021Find ticketsTue 18:00Resorts World Arena - BirminghamMcFly
- May 19 2021May192021Find ticketsWed 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonMcFlyLow Availability
- May 21 2021May212021Find ticketsFri 18:30SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonMcFlyLow Availability
- May 23 2021May232021Find ticketsSun 18:30Bournemouth International Centre - BournemouthMcFlyLow Availability
- May 24 2021May242021Find ticketsMon 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffMcFlyLow Availability
- May 29 2021May292021Until May 30 2021Bath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Weekend TicketFind ticketsBath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Weekend TicketMay 29 202100:00Find tickets
- May 29 2021May292021Sat 13:00Bath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Saturday Day TicketFind ticketsBath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Saturday Day TicketMay 29 202113:00Find tickets
- Aug 28 2021Aug282021Find ticketsSat 11:40Newmarket Racecourses - NewmarketSummer Saturday Live: Racing + McFly
McFly was formed in 2003 and named after Marty McFly, the main character in the Back to the Future films. The band is made up of Harry Judd on drums, Tom Fletcher on vocals and guitar, Danny Jones on vocals and guitar and Dougie Poynter on vocals and bass guitar. Their first album, Room on the Third Floor, was released in autumn 2004 and immediately went to the top of the UK album charts, making McFly the youngest band to have ever had a No. 1 album. Two No. 1 singles featured on the album, Five Colours in Her Hair and Obviously, as well as two further top five hits, That Girl and Room on the Third Floor.
McFly won the Best Pop Award at the 2005 BRIT Awards and released a charity record, All About You, later that year, which was another No. 1 hit for the boys. The B-side of this record was a version of the Carole King song, You've Got a Friend and the entire proceeds from the single were donated to African communities to help in the battle against the effects of HIV/AIDS. August 2005 saw the release of the next McFly album, Wonderland, which was another No. 1 hit. The album was supported by the release of a live DVD entitled Wonderland Tour 2005. McFly then played themselves in the 2006 Lindsay Lohan film, Just My Luck, before releasing their next album, Motion in the Ocean, which peaked at number seven on the UK album chart. The following year the band released a greatest hits album which reached number four in the UK and also featured a new single, The Heart Never Lies, which was a top-five hit.
In 2008 the band parted with Island, their long-time record label and released the album Radioactive on their own label, Super. It reached number eight on the UK album chart. After touring on and off for the next 18 months or so. McFly re-signed to Island and released their fifth studio album, Above the Noise. The biggest hit single from this release was Shine a Light which featured Taio Cruz and reached number four on the singles chart. A second greatest hits compilation, Memory Lane: The Best of McFly, was released in 2012.
In 2013, Fletcher, Jones, Poynter and Judd teamed up with Matt Willis and James Bourne to form the super-group, McBusted.