16 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom16 Events
- May 10May10Find ticketsMon 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolMcFly
- May 11May11Find ticketsTue 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowMcFly
- May 12May12Find ticketsWed 18:00Utilita Arena Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneMcFly
- May 14May14Find ticketsFri 18:30Motorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamMcFly
- May 15May15Find ticketsSat 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsMcFly
- May 16May16Find ticketsSun 19:30AO Arena - ManchesterMcFly
- May 18May18Find ticketsTue 18:00Resorts World Arena - BirminghamMcFly
- May 19May19Find ticketsWed 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonMcFly
- May 21May21Find ticketsFri 18:30SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonMcFly
- May 23May23Find ticketsSun 18:30Bournemouth International Centre - BournemouthMcFly
- May 24May24Find ticketsMon 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffMcFly
- May 29May29Until May 30Bath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Weekend TicketFind ticketsBath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Weekend TicketMay 29 00:00Find tickets
- May 29May29Sat 13:00Bath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Saturday Day TicketFind ticketsBath Recreation Ground - BathThe Bath Festival Finale Weekend - Saturday Day TicketMay 29 13:00Find tickets
- Aug 28Aug28Find ticketsSat 11:40Newmarket Racecourses - NewmarketSummer Saturday Live: Racing + McFly
- Sep 03Sep03Find ticketsFri 16:00The Trentham Estate - TrenthamTrentham Live - McFly
- Nov 21Nov21Find ticketsSun 18:00The O2 - LondonMcFly - One Night Only...Again!
Back with a new album and May 2021 UK tour
Tom Fletcher and Danny Jones initially met while auditioning for the boyband V and later worked together while writing songs for Busted. Both talented guitarists and vocalists, the pair decided to form their own band in 2003. Named McFly after Michael J. Fox's time-travelling hero in the Back To The Future films, they became a quartet after recruiting Dougie Poynter on bass guitar and Harry Judd on drums.
Their debut album, Room On The Third Floor, was released in 2004 and went right to the top of the UK albums chart, making McFly the youngest band ever to achieve a No.1 album. In addition to two No.1 singles, Five Colours In Her Hair and Obviously, the record also yielded two more top five hits, That Girl and Room On The Third Floor.
McFly won the 2005 Brit Award for Best British Pop Act followed by the charity record All About You, which was also a No.1 hit. That same year saw the release of Wonderland, another No.1 album that was supported by the Wonderland Tour 2005 live DVD.
In 2006, McFly played themselves in the Lindsay Lohan film Just My Luck before releasing their next album, Motion In The Ocean, which peaked at No.7 on the UK albums chart. The following year the band delivered a greatest hits album which reached No.4 in the UK and boasted the top 5 hit The Heart Never Lies.
In 2008, McFly parted with Island, their long-time record label, and released Radioactive on their own label, Super. After touring on and off for the next 18 months, McFly re-signed to Island and released their fifth studio album, 2010’s Above The Noise. Single Shine A Light, featuring Taio Cruz, reached No.4 on the UK singles chart.
After a second greatest hits compilation Memory Lane: The Best Of McFly in 2012, the band took a break. In 2013, Fletcher, Jones, Poynter and Judd teamed up with Busted members Matt Willis and James Bourne to form the supergroup McBusted and released a self-titled studio album and the single Get Over It before disbanding in early 2016.
The original McFly quartet ended their musical hiatus in summer 2016 by heading out on tour. In 2019, McFly reunited for a one-off performance at The O2 in London, after releasing The Lost Songs, a series of demo tracks originally intended for their sixth studio album. Following the success of that show, the band announced an arena tour. Originally planned for spring 2020, the dates were rescheduled to May 2021.
At the end of July 2020, McFly released Happiness, the lead single from their first studio album in 10 years, Young Dumb Thrills, set for release on 13 November 2020.
McFly are taking their Young Dumb Thrills Tour across the UK in May 2021. The four-piece will also headline The Bath Festival Finale Weekend on 29 May 2021 and perform during Summer Saturday Live at Newmarket Racecourses on 28 August 2021.
McFly are made up of Tom Fletcher on vocals and guitar, Danny Jones also on vocals and guitar, Dougie Poynter on bass guitar and Harry Judd on drums.
McFly were formed in London in 2003.
McFly released the following albums:
- Room On The 3rd Floor (2004)
- Wonderland (2005)
- Motion In The Ocean (2006)
- Radio:Active (2008)
- Above The Noise (2010)
- Young Dumb Thrills (2020)
McFly's best loved hits include the following:
- All About You
- Star Girl
- One For The Radio
- Shine A Light
- Love Is Easy
- Five Colours In Her Hair