20 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom20 Events
- Jul 05Jul05Find ticketsSun 17:00Bught Park - InvernessMcFlyLow Availability
- Jul 10Jul10Find ticketsFri 19:00Vivary Park - TauntonMcFly - Live in Somerset 2020
- Jul 11Jul11Find ticketsSat 18:00Old Royal Naval College - LondonGreenwich Music Time - McFly
- Aug 13Aug13Find ticketsThu 18:00Princes Street Gardens - EdinburghMcFly
- Aug 14Aug14Find ticketsFri 18:00Scarborough Open Air Theatre - ScarboroughMcFly
- Aug 15Aug15Find ticketsSat 14:55Market Rasen Racecourse - LincolnshireRacing + McFly
- Aug 29Aug29Find ticketsSat 11:40Newmarket Racecourses - NewmarketSummer Saturday Live: Racing + McFly
- Oct 18Oct18Find ticketsSun 18:00Utilita Arena - Newcastle Upon TyneMcFly
- Oct 19Oct19Find ticketsMon 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsMcFly
- Oct 21Oct21Find ticketsWed 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolMcFly
- Oct 22Oct22Find ticketsThu 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonMcFly
- Oct 23Oct23Find ticketsFri 19:30Manchester Arena - ManchesterMcFly
- Oct 25Oct25Find ticketsSun 18:30Bournemouth International Centre - BournemouthMcFly
- Oct 26Oct26Find ticketsMon 18:30Motorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamMcFly
- Oct 27Oct27Find ticketsTue 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowMcFly
- Oct 29Oct29Find ticketsThu 18:30SSE Arena, Wembley - LondonMcFly
- Nov 01Nov01Find ticketsSun 18:00Resorts World Arena - BirminghamMcFly
- Nov 02Nov02Find ticketsMon 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffMcFly
McFly was formed in 2003 and named after Marty McFly, the main character in the Back to the Future films. The band is made up of Harry Judd on drums, Tom Fletcher on vocals and guitar, Danny Jones on vocals and guitar and Dougie Poynter on vocals and bass guitar. Their first album, Room on the Third Floor, was released in autumn 2004 and immediately went to the top of the UK album charts, making McFly the youngest band to have ever had a No. 1 album. Two No. 1 singles featured on the album, Five Colours in Her Hair and Obviously, as well as two further top five hits, That Girl and Room on the Third Floor.
McFly won the Best Pop Award at the 2005 BRIT Awards and released a charity record, All About You, later that year, which was another No. 1 hit for the boys. The B-side of this record was a version of the Carole King song, You've Got a Friend and the entire proceeds from the single were donated to African communities to help in the battle against the effects of HIV/AIDS. August 2005 saw the release of the next McFly album, Wonderland, which was another No. 1 hit. The album was supported by the release of a live DVD entitled Wonderland Tour 2005. McFly then played themselves in the 2006 Lindsay Lohan film, Just My Luck, before releasing their next album, Motion in the Ocean, which peaked at number seven on the UK album chart. The following year the band released a greatest hits album which reached number four in the UK and also featured a new single, The Heart Never Lies, which was a top-five hit.
In 2008 the band parted with Island, their long-time record label and released the album Radioactive on their own label, Super. It reached number eight on the UK album chart. After touring on and off for the next 18 months or so. McFly re-signed to Island and released their fifth studio album, Above the Noise. The biggest hit single from this release was Shine a Light which featured Taio Cruz and reached number four on the singles chart. A second greatest hits compilation, Memory Lane: The Best of McFly, was released in 2012.
In 2013, Fletcher, Jones, Poynter and Judd teamed up with Matt Willis and James Bourne to form the super-group, McBusted.