6 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom6 Events
- 18/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Ritz Manchester - Manchester The White Buffalo Apr 18 2022 19:00Monday 19:00O2 Ritz Manchester - ManchesterThe White Buffalo
- 19/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Institute Birmingham - Birmingham The White Buffalo Apr 19 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00O2 Institute Birmingham - BirminghamThe White Buffalo
- 20/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Bristol - Bristol The White Buffalo Apr 20 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolThe White Buffalo
- 22/04/2022Find ticketsArts Club - Liverpool The White Buffalo Apr 22 2022 18:30Friday 18:30Arts Club - LiverpoolThe White Buffalo
- 24/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - Glasgow The White Buffalo Apr 24 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowThe White Buffalo
- 26/04/2022Find ticketsO2 Forum Kentish Town - London The White Buffalo Apr 26 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonThe White Buffalo
About The White Buffalo
The White Buffalo is Jake Smith – a singer, songwriter, guitarist, teller of stories and Emmy nominee. He's an artist whose voice – a timber-shakin’ baritone of gravitas and gravel – seems directly linked to a greater truth and will not be swayed by fashion or curtailed by genre.
The White Buffalo is about engagement. The White Buffalo makes people laugh and cry. The White Buffalo is truth and wild imagination working together.
On 17 April 2020, The White Buffalo releases new studio album On The Widow’s Walk, a loosely linked collection of dark thrills produced by Shooter Jennings, who also provides piano and keys. With an eclectic history and catalogue to his illustrious name, Shooter doesn’t believe in sticking to the rules. He works with a diverse selection of artists, from Marilyn Manson to Tanya Tucker, and his collaboration with The White Buffalo has produced a special, signature release.
Of the six studio albums and three EPs thus far released under The White Buffalo banner, this latest 11-track outing is the most collaborative and organic, the most sonically round. It’s also the first for Snakefarm Records, a young label focusing on music that’s roots-driven and real.
Born in Eugene, Oregon, but raised in Huntington Beach, California, Jake Smith is master of his own domain. Like so many creative spirits, he is often drawn to the shadowy side of the street, unveiling scenarios – effectively mini-movies – that sometimes have their roots in reality, sometimes not, but either way are delivered with unswerving conviction.
It was country that grabbed him first, his parents’ music of choice, then punk that sound-tracked his high school days – an early indication that music was always about the emotional connection.
The fact that Jake isn’t meticulously versed in theory has been to his advantage, allowing him to pursue a path where timings can be weird, extra bars of music added and stylistic divisions blurred, all of which makes his music delightfully, unrepentantly hard to define. It’s stripped and it’s spiritual. It draws from rock, soul, folk, blues, Americana and more. And it has a darker pulse and a first-take feel; but ultimately, across a catalogue including significant placements in film, games and TV (including the hugely influential Sons Of Anarchy), plus over 200 million streams to date, it always sounds precisely like him.
His forthcoming album, On The Widow’s Walk, is a bold and compelling statement from a unique talent; an artist whose instinct for working between the musical lines has seen his star very much on the rise, playing to a million followers worldwide. With uncontrived, hand-crafted music now receiving increased levels of attention, music straight from source, the timing is perfect for this powerful, provoking new album and a fresh turn of the page.
In support of On The Widow's Walk, you can catch The White Buffalo on tour across the UK in Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, London, Bristol and Manchester from 19 – 25 April 2020.
Last updated: February, 2020